Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Powerful V6 engine
- Lower price than competitors
- Comfortable and roomy interior
- Ample cargo space
- High-performance Red Sport version
- Appealing, emotional styling
2019 Infiniti Q50: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 Infiniti Q50:
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 is a small luxury sedan from Nissan’s upscale sister brand. It is Infiniti’s best-selling car. Sleek and luxurious, the five-passenger compact car features a peppy engine, smooth ride, and comfortable cabin.
The Q50 was last redesigned for the 2016 model year. It has not seen major change to its interior or exterior since its 2016 redesign.
The Q50 was the first Infiniti model to wear the Red Sport badge. The top-of-the-line Red Sport badge provides 400 horsepower. It competes with high-performance lines from Mercedes-AMG, BMW, Audi, and Lexus.
What’s New in the 2019 Infiniti Q50?
Infiniti added forward collision warning and emergency braking to its list of standard safety features for the 2019 model year. The hybrid Q50 was discontinued.
The 2019 Q50 comes in four trims: Pure, Luxe, Sport, and Red Sport.
What Does the 2019 Infiniti Q50 Compete With?
The 2019 Infiniti Q50’s top competitors include:
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 competes in the highly saturated small luxury sedan market. The Q50 interior may not have the same upgraded features and look as its rivals, but it is comfortable and roomy. When compared with competitor cars, the 2019 Infiniti Q50 cabin is noisier and missing some key technology features. These include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. However, it offers a good ride and comfortable surroundings at a lower price than most.
The Infiniti Q50 Red Sport competes with the Lexus F, BMW M, Mercedes AMG and Audi RS high-performance lines. The 3.0-liter, twin-turbo V6 makes 400 horsepower, more than certain versions of the BMW 3 Series or Lexus IS.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Infiniti Q50
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 looks sporty and elegant. It has aerodynamic and sculpted sides, curved rear windows and a low, wide stance. All models get LED jewel-headlights and LED fog lights and 18-inch alloy wheels. A carbon-fiber rear spoiler, welcome lighting and a power moonroof come standard on upper trims.
Exterior colors include Graphite Shadow, Liquid Platinum, Dynamic Sunstone Red, Black Obsidian, Pure White, Midnight Black, Majestic White, Iridium Blue, Hagane Blue, and Mocha Almond.
Interior Style in the 2019 Infiniti Q50
The Infiniti Q50’s cabin features clean design and comfortable seating for five passengers. The Infiniti Q50 has a comfortable and roomy interior. Supportive front bucket seats get 8-way power-adjustable controls and leatherette upholstery. Buyers can upgrade to leather upholstery and add heated front seats.
All models have a leather-wrapped steering wheel and dual-zone automatic climate control.
The front console includes two cup holders and a covered storage area. Back seat pockets offer additional storage. The Infiniti Q50 has ample space in its cargo area, which can be further expanded by folding down the rear seats. This feature provides a significant advantage over other sedans.
Choose optional aluminum or wooden accents to line areas throughout the cabin. The Q50’s interior may seem plain compared to its rivals from German and Japanese brands. The Q50 does offer plush and comfortable seats for the driver and passengers.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 Infiniti Q50?
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 infotainment system includes an 8-inch upper screen and 7-inch lower screen.
Bluetooth, voice recognition, satellite radio, HD Radio, dual USB ports, and a six-speaker audio system come standard. Navigation, a built-in Wi-Fi hot spot, and a 16-speaker Bose premium audio system are options.
Note that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration is not offered.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Infiniti Q50?
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 comes standard with a rearview camera, forward collision warning, and emergency braking. A host of additional driver assist features are standard in SPORT models.
The Q50’s optional ProAssist and ProActive package includes adaptive cruise control, rain-sensing windshield wipers, around view monitor, adaptive headlights, direct adaptive steering, blind spot monitoring, front and rear sensors, rear cross traffic alerts, night vision, and lane change and departure warning assist.
What is the 2019 Infiniti Q50 like to drive?
While its engine may not be as robust as others in the small luxury sedan category, the Infiniti Q50 offers a sporty ride. It shifts smoothly and handles well on paved surfaces and around corners. The cabin can be fairly noisy.
The Q50 comes in four trim levels: Pure, Luxe, Sport, and Red Sport.
The Pure base model runs on a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers 208 horsepower. it is adequate for daily driving and highway merging.
The 300-horsepower, turbocharged V6 in the Luxe and Sport models provides more of a thrill. The range-topping Red Sport trim is powered by a 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 that delivers a formidable 400 horsepower. This competes with high-performance lines from Mercedes-AMG, BMW, Audi, and Lexus.
All engines are paired to a seven-speed automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is offered.
Should I Buy a 2019 Infiniti Q50?
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 is a small luxury sedan providing a decent if noisy ride at a reasonable price. However, rival models from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, and Lexus provide more features, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration.
The Luxe and Sport versions of the Q50 offer highly engaging driving dynamics. It’s worth a test to see how it competes against more expensive rivals.
Should I buy a Used Infiniti Q50? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The first-generation Infiniti Q50 debuted in 2014 and received significant upgrades for the 2016 model year. This included a new 3.0-liter, twin-turbo V6. In later years, Infiniti introduced new trims, improvements to the car’s suspension and steering, and upgrades to its exterior.
If you decide to purchase a used Infiniti Q50, stick to the model years between 2016 and 2018. These years have the benefit of the Q50 upgraded features at a fraction of the cost.
How Much Does the New 2019 Infiniti Q50 Cost?
The 2019 Infiniti Q50 boasts a lower starting price than most of its competitors. Overall, the 2019 Infiniti Q50 offers plenty of standard features and optional upgrades across its trim levels.
The Pure base trim begins at $35,500. The Luxe trim starts at $38,300 for the smaller, 2.0-liter engine. The Sport trim begins at $47,950. All-wheel drive costs an additional $2,000.
The Red Sport starts at $51,250 and reaches the mid-$50,000s fully equipped.
Buyers may add navigation with voice recognition and 3D mapping, 60/40 split-folding rear seats, and heated front seats and a heated steering wheel as part of the $2,650 Essential package. The $2,650 Sensory package comes with an air purifier, a 16-speaker Bose sound system, advanced climate control, and ambient lighting.
The ProAssist and ProActive safety packages start at $1,650 and $2,700, respectively.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 INFINITI Q50
- Robust V6 engine
- High-performance version
- Choice of trims and engines
- Lower starting price than rivals
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are not offered
- Interior looks dated compared with rivals
- Difficult infotainment system
- Noisy cabin
The History of the Infiniti Q50: 6 Years of the Infiniti Q50
Infiniti introduced the Q50 luxury car to the U.S. market for the 2014 model year to replace the highly successful Infiniti G sedan. The Q50 included several upgrades over the Infiniti G, such as LED headlights and an arching double grille. It is now the brand’s bestselling car.
In 2016, Infiniti gave the Q50 the high-performance Red Sport badge treatment. The 400-horsepower range-topper helps Nissan’s upscale sister brand compete with high-performance lines from Mercedes-AMG, BMW, Audi, and Lexus.
The second generation Q50 will be released for the 2021 model year.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 INFINITI Q50
- Body Style
- 3.0L V6 Twin Turbo DOHC
- 300 hp
- 7-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Blind Spot Warning
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0L V6 Twin Turbo DOHC
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive -inc: manual shift mode w/downshift rev matching and INFINITI drive mode selector
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Sequential Shift Control
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 2.94 Axle Ratio
- 62-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 20 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 19" x 8.5" Aluminum-Alloy -inc: Unique dark color, 5-spoke, machined surface
- Tires: P245/40R19 Summer Run-Flat Performance
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Chrome Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Black Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: INFINITI InTouch w/AM/FM/HD/CD -inc: dual HD display system w/upper 8" and lower 7" WXGA touchscreen displays, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, streaming audio via Bluetooth, Bluetooth hands-free phone system w/text messaging assistant, voice recognition for audio, Bluetooth and vehicle information including music search by voice, SiriusXM radio w/3-month complimentary trial, 6-speaker audio system, 2 illuminated USB connection ports (1 type A and 1 type C) for iPod interface and other compatible devices, 2 12-volt accessory power outlets and auxiliary audio input
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock and Voice Activation
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Siriusxm Traffic Real-Time Traffic Display
- Heated Front Sport Seats -inc: 8-way power driver w/2-way power lumbar support and manual thigh extension, power bolsters thigh and torso, dual-occupant memory system for driver's seat and 8-way power passenger w/manual thigh extension, power bolsters thigh and torso
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Heated Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Chrome Interior Accents
- Leather-Appointed Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Smart Device Integration
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Remote Engine Start
- INFINITI InTouch Navigation Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- INFINITI Connection Tracker System
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Driver And Passenger Heated-Cushion, Driver And Passenger Heated-Seatback
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning w/FEB
- INFINITI Connection Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) Blind Spot Sensor
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Restricted Driving Mode
- Around View Monitor w/Moving Object Detection Back-Up Camera
- Front Camera
- Left Side Camera
- Right Side Camera