Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- More standard safety
- Enhanced comfort and convenience
- Refreshed exterior and interior design
- Addition of adaptive cruise control
Hyundai Tucson: Everything You Need to Know
About the Hyundai Tucson
The Hyundai Tucson is a five-passenger compact crossover SUV. The Tucson’s low entry price and long list of safety and comfort features make it a popular choice for active individuals and young families. Recently updated, the Tucson was Hyundai’s second best-selling vehicle last year.
What’s New in the 2019 Hyundai Tucson?
The 2019 Tucson receives a mid-cycle refresh. Here are some noteworthy updates:
- Redesigned exterior, plus new colors and wheels
- New center console and instrument cluster designs
- Turbocharged four-cylinder engine is discontinued
- More standard Hyundai SmartSense safety technologies
- SEL Plus model dropped; Night edition added
- Standard 7.0-inch multimedia touchscreen with smartphone integration
Although the Hyundai Tucson is offered in seven different trim levels: SE, Value, SEL, Sport, Limited, Night and Ultimate. Each one builds on top of the other. Therefore, there is no need for optional packages. The Night edition is a bold look that was last available in 2017.
The standard engine remains the 2.0-liter four-cylinder. Its output is 161 horsepower and 150 pound-feet of torque. SEL trim and upward use the 2.4-liter four-cylinder. Its powertrain produces 181 horsepower and 175 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed automatic is the standard transmission for all Tucson models.
What Does the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Compete With?
The Hyundai Tucson competes with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Equinox
- Ford Escape
- Honda CR-V
- Jeep Cherokee
- Kia Sportage
- Mazda CX-5
- Nissan Rogue
- Subaru Forester
- Toyota RAV4
There are numerous compact crossover models for sale in the U.S. Competition is nonetheless cutthroat. But this means more choice and variety for consumers. These vehicles are known to offer great safety, design, size, and technology while
costing less than $30,000.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Hyundai Tucson
The 2019 Hyundai Tucson receives an updated exterior, but the changes are subtle. There is a new front “cascading” grille, new front and rear bumpers, and redesigned lights. Wheel designs are new as well.
The shark-fin antenna is now standard on all models. LED headlights and taillights are on Sport models and above. A panoramic sunroof and chrome trim are offered on higher level trims. The changes are hardly distinctive. But the Hyundai Tucson remains an attractive addition to any driveway.
Interior Style in the 2019 Hyundai Tucson
Interior changes for the 2019 Tucson are more noticeable. The touchscreen moves to the top of the dash to make room for the new center console. This provides better sightlines for drivers. Eyes are now focused more upward instead of down.
Interior room is average among its competitors, but that doesn’t mean cramped. Cargo capacity is small, though, compared to rivals. Cloth seats are standard, and leather upholstery is reserved for Limited and Ultimate trims. Heated front seats are in all but the base SE model. Heated rear seats are exclusive to the Ultimate.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Hyundai Tucson?
The 2019 Tucson gains new technology. Updates include:
- Standard 7.0-inch color touchscreen
- Standard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Newly available Qi wireless charging
- Newly available second-row USB outlet
- CD player has been discontinued
An 8.0-inch display with navigation and a premium Infinity audio system is available in top-level models. Conveniences such as keyless entry, Bluetooth and steering wheel-mounted controls remain standard. Yet push-button start is still not. But Blue Link Connect Car is now
added to all but the base model. This app-based system comes with three years of complimentary service.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Hyundai Tucson?
Safety technology is impressive in the 2019 Hyundai Tucson. Most of the Hyundai SmartSense features have been added, including:
- Standard forward collision-avoidance assist
- Standard lane keep assist
- Standard driver attention warning
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available high beam assist
Additionally, a new 360-degree view display is available on upper trims. Conversely, pre-existing rear cross-traffic alert and blind spot monitoring move down a level. This leaves only the SE without these features. A rearview camera with dynamic guidelines is standard on all Tucsons.
What is the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Like to Drive?
The 2019 Tucson is neither sporty nor soft. And this just-right dynamic is what most crossover buyers will appreciate. Power is good if a little low on the standard engine. But acceleration and shift points are confident and smooth. And the vehicle can absorb bumps without much jostling.
Fuel economy varies slightly from the previous model. The 2.0-liter engine is unchanged with an EPA-rated 23 city, 30 highway and 26 combined mpg. Add all-wheel drive and the numbers are 22/25/23 mpg. Fuel efficiency improves 1 mpg in the city but drops 1 mpg on the highway.
The 2.4-liter engine shows an increase for both front-wheel and all-wheel drive models. Fr-drive Tucsons are estimated at 22/28/25 mpg. City and combined mpg improve by a digit. All-wheel-drive Tucsons earn 21/26/23 mpg. This time a 1-mpg increase is to the highway and combined figures.
Should I Buy a 2019 Hyundai Tucson?
The 2019 Hyundai Tucson is a competent and comfortable family hauler. It balances performance with available convenience and safety features. This makes the Hyundai Tucson a good choice.
Should I Buy a Used Hyundai Tucson? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Hyundai Tucson was last redesigned in 2015. Being a top-selling Hyundai vehicle, there should be a fair number of late-model used Tucsons on the market. No longer an unknown brand, Hyundai earns a fair number of dependability awards, and leads the industry with
excellent crash-safety ratings. The automaker’s new-vehicle limited warranty also is transferrable.
How Much Does the 2019 Hyundai Tucson Cost?
The base 2019 Hyundai Tucson starts at $23,200. The new top-of-the-line Ultimate lists at $32,950. These prices do not include the $1,045 destination fee. There are no optional packages available, only a la carte accessories, such as a tow hitch or all-weather floor mats, so pricing is very straightforward.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Hyundai Tucson
- Impressive safety features
- Additional multimedia technology
- New 360-degree overhead view
- Competitive price
- Comfortable ride and handlin
- Push-button start not standard
- Average fuel economy
- Standard engine could use more power
The History of Hyundai Tucson: 15 Years of Tucson
The Hyundai Tucson has been in production since 2004. Sold globally, the compact crossover shares a platform with its corporate sibling, the Kia Sportage. The Tucson was redesigned in 2009 and then again in 2015. The 2019 Hyundai Tucson received a mid-cycle refresh with significant updates.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Hyundai Tucson
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.0L GDI DOHC 16 Valve I4 DCVVT
- 161 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic w/SHIFTRONIC
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Lane Departure Warning
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L GDI DOHC 16 Valve I4 DCVVT
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/SHIFTRONIC
- Axle Ratio: 3.51
- GVWR: 4,586 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 68-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- 1146# Maximum Payload
- SACHS Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 16.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 17" x 7.0J Alloy
- Tires: 225/60R17
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Black Bodyside Cladding and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Colored Grille
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM Audio System -inc: 7" color touchscreen display audio, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 6 speakers, USB/AUX input jack, Bluetooth hands-free phone system
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way adjustable driver's seat w/height adjustment
- Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- YES Essentials Stain-Resistant Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Down
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA) Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA) Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera