Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Powerful engine
- High reliability ratings
- Easy-to-use infotainment system
- Available AWD
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport:
The Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is a two-row compact crossover SUV from the Korean automaker Hyundai. The SUV is based upon the larger, longer three-row Santa Fe nameplate. The Santa Fe Sport is front-wheel-drive. All-wheel-drive is available for $1,550.
The smaller Santa Fe Sport boasts comfortable seating for five adults. It comes with an array of technology and safety features, and a low starting price for the segment.
What’s New in the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?
Hyundai launched a Value Package for the Santa Fe Sport’s 2018 model year. It includes heated front seats and side mirrors, push-button start, and automatic climate control. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration are in the Value Package too.
The 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport comes in three trims: base, 2.0T, and 2.0T Ultimate.
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport’s base model is equipped with a 185-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. The driver and front passenger enjoy bucket seats. A 40/20/40 split-folding rear seat is standard. Tech features include a 5-inch touch screen, Bluetooth, a USB port, and a rearview camera.
The Santa Fe Sport 2.0T boasts a 240-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The 2.0T adds a heated, 8-way power driver’s seat with four-way lumbar support. The front passenger gets a heated 6-way power seat.
The Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate trim adds technology features including navigation and safety equipment. Buyers can add features by purchasing a Value (new for 2018), Premium, or Tech package. The Premium package features the amenities included in the Value package. Premium trim adds a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather upholstery and second-row sliding seats. A hands-free power liftgate, lane change assist, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic are included.
The Tech package combines the Value and Premium packages. It includes a panoramic sunroof, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats and steering wheel, and an 8-inch touch screen. Navigation, an Infinity premium stereo, a surround-view parking camera, and rear parking sensors are included.
Exterior colors range from Pearl White to Twilight Black to Serrano red. There are several shades of gray and blue offered.
What Does the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Compete With?
The 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport’s top competitors include:
The 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport provides many of the same features as competitors but at a fraction of the price.
Exterior Design of the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
The compact Santa Fe Sport wears a commanding front grille accented by sleek angular headlights. Its body sports crisp lines and sleek taillights. Alloy wheels ranging from 17 inches to 19 inches based on the trim level are available.
Interior Style in the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
The 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport boasts an attractive interior and comfortable seating. Buyers can upgrade the seats with power-adjustable controls, leather upholstery, and memory settings. Cloth upholstery is standard.
The two-row Hyundai Santa Fe Sport seats five passengers with ample head- and legroom. An eight-way, power driver’s seat with four-way lumbar support and a six-way front passenger seat are standard on the 2.0T and 2.0T Ultimate trim. The infotainment system is easy to reach from the front seats.
The Santa Fe Sport features several storage spaces. These include cup holders, a covered bin in the front console, a glovebox, and door pockets. The rear seats fold down for more space and utility. Its cargo area can store several carry-on size suitcases.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?
The standard Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is equipped with Bluetooth, a USB port, a six-speaker stereo system, and a 5-inch touchscreen display. Available features include:
- A 7-inch touch screen
- HD Radio
- Satellite Radio
- An Infinity premium sound system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration
- The Hyundai BlueLink infotainment system
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?
The Hyundai Santa Fe Sport received top safety ratings in crash tests by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The 2018 model comes standard with a rearview camera.
Optional safety features include:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Lane change assist
- Lane departure warning
- Rear parking sensors
- Pedestrian detection
- Automatic emergency braking
- Automatic high beams
- Adaptive headlights
What is the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport like to drive?
The 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport is powered by a 185-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. Upper trims get a 240-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Both engines give the Santa Fe Sport sufficient power and speed on the highway and around town.
The SUV’s ride is quiet and smooth. The base model can be slower to accelerate than rivals in its class. The compact crossover’s handling is nimble and responsive, but the steering can feel stiff at times. Overall the Santa Fe Sport provides a quality ride for the price.
Seating in the Santa Fe Sport is comfortable, with plenty of head- and legroom for passengers in both rows. The cabin is spacious with multiple storage compartments.
Should I Buy a 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport?
Buyers hunting for a budget-friendly SUV should consider the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. It sports a sleek, compact exterior with plenty of space for passengers and cargo. Its optional infotainment system is easy to use and Hyundai offers a long list of optional technology and safety features.
Should I buy a Used Hyundai Santa Fe Sport? Are There Any I Should Avoid? The Hyundai Santa Fe Sport received updated styling and features for the 2017 model year. The 2018 model year saw few changes. Buyers considering a used model should be able to get the SUV’s most recent features for a fraction of the price of a new model.
How Much Does the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Cost?
The base Hyundai Santa Fe Sport starts at $24,950. The Sport 2.0T trim starts at $31,350 and Sport 2.0T Ultimate trim at $35,650. The all-wheel-drive versions add $1,550 to each of the trims.
Various packages up the SUV’s sticker price. For a few additional hundreds or thousands of dollars, buyers can upgrade their Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. Hyundai offered three packages for the 2018 model year. The Value Package added technology features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats and a 7-inch touch screen. The Premium package included a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather upholstery, and some advanced safety features. Second-row sliding seats and a hands-free power liftgate improved access to the SUV’s cargo space.
The Tech package added luxury features such as a panoramic sunroof, larger touch screen with navigation, premium speakers, heated rear seats, and upgraded safety equipment.
Pros and Cons of the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Low starting price
- High predicted reliability ratings
- Powerful optional V6
- Comfortable seating
- Below-average cargo space
- Slow acceleration
- Handling can feel stiff
- Few standard safety features
The History of the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport: 4 years of the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Manufactured by Hyundai, the original Santa Fe SUV was introduced to the U.S. market in 2001. The Korean automaker introduced the two-row Santa Fe Sport in 2014. The compact crossover SUV features a smaller engine and a long list of technology and safety features.
For the 2019 model year, Hyundai dropped Sport from its name and gave the SUV a facelift. Changes include exterior styling tweaks and a slightly longer body. Apple CarPlay integration and new safety features are standard.
The compact SUV’s larger sibling, the three-row Santa Fe, is now called the Santa Fe XL.
Specs & Key Features of the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 2.4L GDI DOHC 16-Valve I4
- 185 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic w/SHIFTRONIC
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.4L GDI DOHC 16-Valve I4
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/SHIFTRONIC -inc: lock-up torque converter and manual shift mode
- Axle Ratio 3.51
- GVWR: 4,872 lbs
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 54-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 140 Amp Alternator
- 1248lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 17" x 7" Alloy
- Tires: P235/65 R17
- Wheels w/Painted Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Black Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Bodyside Cladding and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Chrome Side Windows Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM/CD/MP3 Audio System -inc: 5-inch color LCD display w/rearview camera, iPod/USB/aux input jacks and Bluetooth hands-free phone system,
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Steering Wheel Controls
- 6 Speakers
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Multi-Adjustable Bucket Seats -inc: driver's seat manual adjustable lumbar support
- 6-Way Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Wood Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Stain-Resistant Cloth Seating Surfaces -inc: Yes Essentials fabric
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners