Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Advanced safety features
- Strong standard V6 engine
- Room for up to eight people
- Solid safety scores
2019 Honda Odyssey: Everything You Need to Know
About the Honda Odyssey:
The Honda Odyssey is an eight-passenger minivan. It provides a smooth ride and a quiet cabin with plenty of cargo space for large families.
What’s New in the Current 2019 Honda Odyssey?
The 2019 Odyssey introduces the Honda Sensing system, a suite of safety features. Honda Sensing is standard for all models except the base LX.
The 2019 Odyssey is available in five trims:
- LX: base model comes with a V6 engine mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission.
- EX: adds Honda Sensing, Bluetooth, and an 8.0-inch touchscreen.
- EX-L: adds leather-trimmed interior, height-adjustable power tailgate, and power moonroof.
- Touring: upgrades to a ten-speed automatic transmission, navigation and a rear-seat entertainment system.
- Elite: adds heated and cooled front seats, a wireless phone charger, and an 11-speaker audio system.
What Does the 2019 Honda Odyssey Compete With?
The Odyssey’s competitors include:
The EX model is a popular trim for families. The safety and tech features in the EX are a step up from the basic LX. If a navigation system and rear entertainment system are necessary, an EX-L may be the better fit.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Honda Odyssey
A new design for the 2018 model year gave this minivan a fresh, modern look. It’s one of the more attractive vehicles in the segment. Even the base trim has a high-quality appearance.
Interior Style in the 2019 Honda Odyssey
The 2019 Odyssey has room for seven or eight people. All models come with power-adjustable front seats and a 60/40-split-folding third row. The EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims feature a sliding second-row, multi-function center seat, and a twelve-way power-adjustable driver’s seat. Third row seats on all models have ample room for adults to sit in back.
Cloth seats and LATCH attachments are standard in the LX and EX models. Leather interior trim is available in the EX-L, Touring, and Elite. All controls are within easy reach, and rear climate controls in the EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite allow rear passengers to adjust the temperature.
The Honda carries groceries with ease, even with passengers seated in all three rows. With the second- and third-row seats folded down, there is enough room to transport sheets of plywood. The Touring and Elite models offer a vacuum built into the cargo area.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Honda Odyssey?
The 2019 Odyssey offers a variety of technology options. All models have features like Bluetooth, USB charging ports, and a seven-speaker stereo system.
The EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite models also offer Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, SiriusXM and HD Radio and the Hondalink Connectivity System for hands-free phone use, streaming and app access.
The Touring and Elite trims come standard with an entertainment system featuring a Blu-Ray player, built-in streaming apps, and a 10.2-inch high-resolution screen. Touring and Elite models also feature a Wi-Fi hotspot, navigation with voice recognition, and a rear seat monitor.
The CabinTalk In-Car system allows the driver to talk with passengers in the second and third rows by pausing the video system. Through the CabinWatch camera, drivers can keep an eye on passengers in the second and third rows without turning around.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Honda Odyssey?
The EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite models get the Honda Sensing suite of safety features. It includes:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
What is the 2019 Honda Odyssey Like to Drive?
The 2019 Odyssey offers a smooth, quiet ride. The V6 engine has solid power for highway merging and around town driving. The steering is sharp and responsive, and its suspension smooths out even the roughest roads.
Seating is comfortable in all three rows. The EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite models offer options for heated seats, a twelve-way power adjustable driver’s seat, and four-way power lumbar support.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Honda Odyssey?
Quality and safety make the Odyssey minivan a wise choice. Its interior offers comfort and convenience for its driver and passengers. Ample cargo space makes it the perfect vehicle for family vacations or running errands. With high ratings in safety and reliability, the 2019 Odyssey is a solid choice in this segment.
Should I buy a Used Honda Odyssey? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
A used Odyssey provides high quality at a fraction of the price of a newer model. Beware the 2014 model year as many customers complained about the vehicle jerking when shifting gears which may indicate a problem with the transmission.
How Much Does the New 2019 Honda Odyssey Cost?
The 2019 Honda Odyssey starts at $30,190 for the base LX. The EX and EX-L models cost $34,160 and $37,710, respectively. The Touring model starts at $44,760, and the Elite model starts at $47,070.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Honda Odyssey
- Strong standard V6
- Flexible seating
- Reputation for quality
- Top safety rating
- Second-row seats can be hard to move
- No power-folding third-row seats
- High base price
The History of the Honda Odyssey: 25 Years of the Honda Odyssey
Launched in the U.S. in 1994, the Odyssey served as Honda’s entry to the minivan segment. Initially compact, the Odyssey became larger in subsequent model years, with rear sliding doors, and a more powerful engine. Now in its fifth generation, the Odyssey has sold more than 2.5 million units in the United States during its 25-year history.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Honda Odyssey
- Body Style
- Passenger Van
- 3.5L V6 SOHC 24-Valve i-VTEC
- 280 hp
- 10-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L V6 SOHC 24-Valve i-VTEC
- Transmission: 10-Speed Automatic -inc: Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and paddle shifters
- 3.61 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: TBD
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Trailing Arm Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" Light Silver-Painted Alloy
- Tires: 235/60R18 103H AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim, Black Front Windshield Trim and Chrome Rear Window Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Sliding Rear Doors
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Auto Off Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: 160-Watt AM/FM Audio System -inc: 7 speakers including subwoofer, Speed-Sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC), 5" color LCD screen, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, Bluetooth streaming audio, MP3/auxiliary input jack, Radio Data System (RDS), 1.0-amp USB audio interface port in front, 2.5-amp USB charging port in center console and illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and My Honda Music Internal Memory
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Fixed Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: driver's seat 8-way power adjustment and front passenger's seat 4-way power adjustment
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Removable Bucket Folding Bucket Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Recline, Manual Fold Into Floor, 3 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Smart Device Integration
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- VSA Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera