Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Great fuel efficiency
- Ample cargo space
- Reasonable price
- Second-row Magic Seat
- Available Honda Sensing system
Honda Fit: Everything You Need to Know
About the Honda Fit
The Honda Fit is a subcompact car first introduced in 2001 as a practical hatchback with a sporty look. The Fit boasts a roomy interior, superior fuel economy, and plenty of safety features.
The Fit’s rear hatch and foldable seats allow for multiple cargo configurations. This gives it a significant advantage over similar-sized cars and crossovers. Though the Fit is pricier than some of its rivals, it offers the high quality and reliability for which Honda is known.
The Honda Fit is popular with Millennials and empty nesters alike who want space to haul cargo without leaving a large carbon footprint. And it’s an entry-level subcompact with personality.
The Fit is a wise choice for any shoppers looking for a safe, reasonably priced car with great gas mileage. Comfortable seats, a roomy interior, and the latest technology make this model an excellent car for buyers on a budget.
What’s New in the 2019 Honda Fit?
The Honda Fit gets only minor changes for 2019. New this year are automatic high-beam headlights, an option for Platinum Pearl exterior paint, and the newly available Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver assistance technology.
The 2019 Fit has only one engine, a 1.5-liter, four-cylinder that comes mated to either a six-speed manual transmission or an automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT). With the manual it produces 130 horsepower and 114 pound-feet of torque. But with the CVT, those figures drop to 128 horsepower and 113 pound-feet. The 2019 Honda Fit is offered in four trims.
- LX: This base model comes standard with features like 15-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, cruise control, and the configurable rear Magic Seats
- Sport: The Sport trim adds 16-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, unique exterior trim, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and paddle shifters for the CVT
- EX: This trim includes the options found in the LX and Sport, plus a moonroof and push-button start. It also comes standard with the enhanced safety features in the Honda Sensing suite of driver-assist features
- EX-L: The Fit’s top-of-the-line trim adds heated side mirrors, heated front seats and a leather-trimmed interior. The optional navigational system is available in the EX-L
What Does the 2019 Honda Fit Compete With?
The Honda Fit’s top competitors include:
The Honda Fit’s price tag may be a bit higher than some competitors, but this subcompact is generously equipped. And its cargo space and fuel efficiency edges out most rivals.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Honda Fit
The 2019 Honda Fit is a five-door hatchback with a sporty look. Each Fit comes with a rooftop spoiler, which adds to the style. Standard exterior features include automatic on-off headlights and a rearview camera.
The Fit’s newly redesigned exterior is enhanced by a wide selection of metallic or pearlized colors, such as Orange Fury, Helios Yellow Pearl, Platinum White Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Milano Red, and Aegean Blue Metallic.
Interior Style in the 2019 Honda Fit
The 2019 Honda Fit seats five adults comfortably on its standard cloth seats in both rows. The driver’s seat is adjustable, and the front seats provide sufficient back support. The second-row features sufficient legroom, but three adults may feel cramped in the back.
Heated seats and leather trim come on the EX-L model. A leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear-shift are standard in the Sport and EX-L models. Driver and front-seat passengers have easy access to touchscreens and controls on the dashboard.
The exclusive rear Magic Seats provide a variety of cargo-carrying options. And folding down the front passenger seat would give enough room for a surfboard. Two sets of LATCH connectors are located in the rear seats.
The center console features a covered storage compartment, while the passenger seat has a rear seat-back storage pocket. Two cupholders are located in the center console, and each door has a bottle holder.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Honda Fit?
The 2019 Honda Fit has comes with standard technology that includes:
- Five-inch color display
- 160-watt audio system with four speakers
- Bluetooth connectivity
- USB port
Higher trim levels add such features as:
- Seven-inch touchscreen
- 180-watt sound system with six speakers
- Satellite radio
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Optional navigation system
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Honda Fit?
The Honda Sensing system, available on the base Fit and standard on higher trims, is a suite of safety and driver assistance features. It includes:
- Forward-collision warning with automatic braking
- Road-departure warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-departure warning
The 2019 Honda Fit received the highest five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). And it received the highest “Good” rating in most categories from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety but got a “Superior” rating for front crash protection.
What is the 2019 Honda Fit like to drive?
Driving in the city or running errands should be a breeze in the 2019 Honda Fit. With its small engine, it is slow to accelerate, and the CVT transmission may be noisy on the highway. Still, it handles well and is fun to drive.
The interior is comfortable and roomy. It has large windows and rear-view mirrors, and its cargo space tops that of most subcompact competitors.
Fuel economy for the base 2019 Honda Fit is EPA-rated at 29 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway with the manual transmission. Opting for the automatic CVT transmission results in ratings of 33 mpg city and 36 mpg highway.
Should I Buy a 2019 Honda Fit?
The 2019 Honda Fit offers a quality ride at a good price. Designed as a reliable, efficient subcompact car for buyers on a budget, the Fit boasts comfortable seating, modern technology and safety features, and an array of exterior colors. Both younger buyers and empty nesters will enjoy the exterior’s sleek and sporty hatchback style and spacious interior.
There’s plenty of room for shopping bags, IKEA hauls and surfboards, depending upon the cargo-area configuration. You might consider going with a higher trim level of the Fit to expand the technology and safety features.
Should I buy a Used Honda Fit? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Honda Fit is known for its quality and consistently high safety ratings. Honda’s long-standing reputation for reliability and durability means a used Honda Fit would be a wise choice. The current generation began with a 2015 overhaul, so consider purchasing a late model Fit for updated features at a lower price.
How Much Does the New 2019 Honda Fit Cost?
Starting prices for the 2019 Honda Fit range from $17,110 to $21,440, including a $920 destination charge.
The 2019 Honda Fit offers quality and reliability at a budget-friendly price. The five-seat hatchback’s sleek design, accessible interior, and large cargo space make the Fit a smart purchase for or an individual or family.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Honda Fit
- Roomy interior
- Sporty look
- Fuel efficiency
- Good safety ratings
- Available Honda Sensing package
- Slow acceleration
- CVT transmission noise at highway speeds
- Tall adults may feel cramped
- Priced a bit above some rivals
The History of the Honda Fit:
The Honda Fit was first sold nearly two decades ago under the name Honda Jazz, which is still used in some countries. The model reached the U.S. market as the Honda Fit in 2007. It’s currently built in ten plants in eight different countries.
Over time, upgrades increased the size of the Fit’s engine and wheelbase, creating more power and cargo space. A 2015 update gave the Fit’s body a sleek, more aerodynamic look.
The Honda Fit consistently receives high ratings for reliability and safety, and its reasonable starting price remains attractive to subcompact car shoppers.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Honda Fit
- Body Style
- 1.5L 16-Valve 4-Cylinder DOHC i-VTEC
- 130 hp
- 6-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.5L 16-Valve 4-Cylinder DOHC i-VTEC -inc: Variable Cam Timing (VTC)
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.62 Axle Ratio
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 10.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 15" w/Full Covers
- Tires: 185/60R15 84T AS
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Fixed Interval Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Accents
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM Audio System -inc: 160 watts, 4 speakers, 5" color LCD screen, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, Bluetooth streaming audio, Radio Data System (RDS), Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC) and front USB audio interface
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock and Steering Wheel Controls
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Front Bucket Seats -inc: driver's seat w/manual height adjustment, adjustable front seat-belt anchors and adjustable head restraints
- 6-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look/Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins and 2nd Row Underseat Storage
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- VSA Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera