Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Compact yet spacious car
- Bold, aggressive exterior auto body design
- Superior storage space
- Multiple media interface options
- Handles well with manual transmission
The 2019 Honda Civic Si is a sport compact that offers both performance and comfort with new features and modifications. It will interest those who have a taste for luxury that maintains a practical quality. Those who are keen on high-class cars and want something that can handle tough driving situations while remaining stable will appreciate the Honda Civic Si for 2019.
Inside the new 2019 Honda Civic, there is an updated infotainment display and audio center that heralds the return of the volume knob that was removed from previous model years. Additional new features include the Honda Sensing bundle, now standard on all Honda cars. The Sensing bundle contains adaptive cruise control, forward collision mitigation, and lane departure warning with a lane-keeping assist feature.
The Honda Civic is offered in three configurations in search offers online and at dealerships: the sedan, the coupe, and the hatchback. The Si is one of the high-performance trim levels along with Type R. Even with the base trim, the Honda Civic comes with a lot of material for the money.
The Honda Civic Si coupe is equipped with a turbocharged 1.5L four-cylinder engine that produces a stunning 205 horsepower and 192 foot-pounds of torque when driving. This is an excellent figure for a small coupe of this size and price. The Si engine is paired with a 6-speed manual transmission that features a limited-slip differential.
A limited-slip differential features two output shafts that rotate at different speeds while preventing the maximum difference from exceeding a certain limit. These differentials allow the car to handle better in slippery conditions at higher speeds as the power from the driveshaft is transferred to the slipping wheel rather than remaining at a consistent speed for both sides.
Other equipment included in the Honda Civic Si searches comes standard with the EX-L trim, but you will also be treated to a sport-tuned multi-link suspension with adaptive dampers, larger brakes on the front wheels, a rear spoiler, branded sport seats, and a leather wrapped steering wheel. You’ll also get a 10-speaker sound system and a unique instrument panel that caters to the preferences of the sport vehicle driver of a 2019 Honda.
The Drive: How Does the Honda Civic Si Coupe Behave on the Road?
Driving is easy and satisfying with precise steering and controlled handling. At mid-speeds, the engine is gusty and will easily hold its pace.
When upshifting, however, the 2019 engine tends to hold onto rev with the manual gearbox. More experienced drivers will not be very happy with how the car uses the brakes to assist in turning. This can result in brake overheating, leading the vehicle to not handle well during aggressive driving patterns.
Acceleration with the Honda Civic Si auto is brisk and strain-free. Although the zero-to-60 mph numbers are less than comparable to vehicles in the class, this is only the result of the manual 6-speed transmission instead of auto transmission. A satisfying growl accompanies acceleration, the sport driver’s dream.
Comfort Details: How the Seats, Driver View, Ride, and Noise Levels of the Honda Civic Measure up to the Competition
Suspension is the major issue for many sport sedans and coupes that included the Honda Civic Si. Honda did an outstanding job on the suspension for the Civic Si, making it a smooth means of transportation over less-than even roads. The seats in these vehicles are very comfortable with extra support and a built-in backrest.
Road noise can become aggravating during long drives, but this is to be expected in smaller cars that sit low to the ground. Engine noise, even while revving, is overpowered by the road noise and is something to be taken into account when choosing a Honda Civic.
Climate control in this vehicle is offered via a dual-zone system that allows you to change the temperature inside your coupe easily and efficiently. Even air coverage flows through the angled vents that are easily controlled via buttons or knobs. The seats feature heating options for cold days.
Interior: Visibility, Space, Comfort Levels, and Ease of Use in the Honda Civic
Despite its deceptively small exterior, the classy black 2019 interior is surprisingly large and is easy to get in and out of. The primary controls are well placed and can be reached easily by the driver and the front passenger. Even though there are a lot of functions to choose from, their placement in the 2019 Honda make them very approachable and intuitive, avoiding any unnecessary search.
The front doors of this vehicle are long and open wide, making it easy to climb in and out of. The same goes for the rear doors, although passengers may have a bit of trouble navigating the body pillar with their feet when getting in and out.
The seat height range is very good with a telescoping wheel that allows drivers of all types to operate the car. Steering wheel size is excellent–not too big, not too small.
The distance between the pedals to the seat and the steering wheel is the perfect ratio, although some people have complained that the space between the brake pedal and the accelerator could be less. Although there is plenty of room for six-footers, foot room is a little tight when the seat is at its lowest position.
The view out the back window of this vehicle is a little obscured by the high trunk, although this is made easier by the addition of the rear backup assist camera. The view from the sides and front are good with the slim windshield pillars and low cowl. In addition, a LaneWatch service system eliminates passenger-size blind spots, which are further reduced with the large side mirrors.
How Much Space Is there in the Honda Civic Si Coupe?
The Honda Civic Si boasts an assortment of small parts storage spaces, cleverly sprinkled throughout the classic black interior of the 2019 car. There is more functionality in the Civic than you would expect as a service from most cars in this class. The cargo area space is wide, offering plenty of room for groceries, bags, and gear at 11.9 cubic feet.
The center console of the Si coupe features movable parts that allow you to make use of a divider for multiple storage options. A rubber-lined well in front of the gear shifter is easy to access and provides a location for those little knick-knacks and parts such as spare keys, devices, coins, and snacks. And don’t forget—the door pockets of these vehicles can hold even more.
For child-safety seating, all rear seats in the Si coupe have LATCH anchors. The large seats in the 2019 Honda mean that the front seats are not required to move all the way forward to accommodate a child’s safety seat. Transporting your child to school or day care in your new or certified pre-owned Civic Si coupe is not a chore any longer.
How did Honda Improve the Honda Civic?
An updated infotainment display and audio center for the Si coupe has replaced the slightly outdated version present in older models. The access of infotainment display and audio functions has also been improved, making it easier and more intuitive to view and use for 2019.
Familiar interfaces such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are included as standard for all vehicles and offer better service than the standard Honda interface. A texting function allows you to connect with your contacts while keeping your hands on the wheel of the Honda Civic Si Coupe and your eyes on the drive.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- Roomy interior
- Upgraded control center
- Large cargo area
- Powerful engine
- Excessive road noise
- Uses brakes to execute turns
- Engine hangs onto revs when shifting gears
- Foot room is a little tight for taller persons
The Civic Si was first released in 1985 as the first-generation Civic CRX Si hatchback. Powered by a direct injection 1.5L four-cylinder engine, the first Civic supplied only 91 horsepower. By 1988, the second generation came on the scene with multiple upgrades and changes to both the interior and exterior.
These included an extensive exhaust system, a five-speed manual transmission, and improved handling with a four-corner A-arm suspension and front/rear stabilizer bars. The engine was upgraded as well to a 1.6L inline-four configuration that boosted performance to 108 horsepower by the 1998 model year.
The third-generation model types were only available as a hatchback and offered increased power and more sophisticated design. The engine output was boosted to 125 horsepower, while rear disk brakes were replaced with an antilock brake system for the 1994 model year.
The fourth-generation 1999 Civic Si model year proved to be a huge step forward in the design and performance of the Civic Si. A fully independent, sport-tuned suspension system became standard as well as disc brakes on all four wheels. The new DOHC engine for the Civic Si coupe provided 160 horsepower and upgraded the exhaust system in the coupe-only model presentation for the 1999 model year.
Fifth- and sixth-generation Civic Sis from were developed on an entirely remade drive platform for dealers and consumers. Starting in 2007, the sixth-gen Honda Civic was available as a sedan and a coupe and featured a 2.0L inline-four engine providing nearly 200 horsepower. The limited-slip differential was added at this point to improve handling for all four wheels in extreme conditions.
Seventh- and eighth-generation Civics were further enhanced to improve their performance, which continued for dealers and consumers from 2018 and 2019. The eighth-generation 2019 Honda Civic Si features a turbo-charged 1.5L inline-four engine generating 205 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque with a manual 6-speed transmission and an enhanced exhaust system. The most powerful Civic Si coupe to-date, the 2019 Honda Civic Si with its classic black interior offers excellent fuel economy at nearly 40 mpg highway.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- Body Style
- 1.5L I-4 DOHC 16-Valve w/Turbocharger
- 205 hp
- 6-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.5L I-4 DOHC 16-Valve w/Turbocharger
- Transmission: 6-Speed Manual -inc: helical limited-slip differential
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.35 Axle Ratio
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Driver Control Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 12.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" Matte Black Alloy
- Tires: 235/40R18 91W AS
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Wing Spoiler
- Black Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Radio: 450-Watt Premium Audio System w/10 Speakers -inc: subwoofer, 7-inch display audio w/high-resolution electrostatic touch-screen, knob and hard keys for primary controls and customizable feature settings, HondaLink, Apple CarPlay integration, Android Auto integration, SiriusXM, HD Radio, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, Bluetooth streaming audio, SMS text message function, Radio Data System (RDS), Speed-Sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC), 1.0-amp USB audio interface port in center console, 1.5-amp USB smartphone/audio interface port in front console, illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls and fin-type roof-mounted antenna
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock and Voice Activation
- 450w Regular Amplifier
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: driver seat manual height adjustment
- 6-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Turbo/Supercharger Boost, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Fixed Rear Windows
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Fixed Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- VSA Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) + FCW
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera
- Honda LaneWatch Right Side Camera