Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Six-function multi-pro tailgate
- Cargo box volume
- V-8 horsepower and torque
- Rear camera mirror
- Carbon fiber bed
- Installed lift
If you're looking for a state-of-the-art pickup truck that stands above others in its class, both in terms of functionality and appearance, the GMC Sierra 1500 may fit the bill.
This model year provides six different functions designed to help you load and unload your cargo box quickly, easily, and safely. Add to that LED lighting and a larger corner step rear bumper, and you have a truck that can meet your needs all around.
When it comes to design, the Sierra 1500 sports distinctive wheels, excellent elevation, and a handsome design.
Climb inside the roomy cab with maximum legroom and admire the quiet, comfortable ride. You’ll notice immediately the well-placed controls and driver-focused cockpit while your backseat passengers will appreciate the rear climate controls and smart storage.
What's New in the GMC Sierra?
This year’s GMC Sierra 1500 experienced a complete makeover. Exciting new features include a six-feature tailgate, rear camera, dynamic fuel management, and carbon fiber cargo box.
A multicolor heads-up display projects a 3-inch by 7-inch image on the windshield in the GMC Sierra Denali model. Choose to view speed, fuel, audio, phone, or other information here so you can keep your eyes on the road.
What Can You Add to the Base Model?
You can add a wide variety of upgrades as you move up the model line. Boost your engine to 2.7-liter turbo four and increase your infotainment options. Creature comforts such as cruise control, heated seats and steering wheel, and keyless entry come with the more expensive models.
Other features include:
- Automatic locking rear differential
- 2-speed autotrac transfer case
- Dual outlet exhaust
- Elevation packages
- Performance upgrades
What Should I Know about the Sierra 1500 Exterior?
This 2019 GMC makes a statement with lots of attention to detail on its exterior. Its special carbon fiber cargo box means a stronger, lighter truck. By providing a larger CornerStep on the rear bumper, it’s easier for you to get up higher while accessing the cargo box, and the highlight of the exterior is the six-function tailgate.
What’s so Special about the Tailgate?
The unique tailgate offers six functions, making it extremely flexible for a variety of hauling tasks without add-on accessories. Besides operating as a standard tailgate, it offers a load stop to keep longer loads secure. An inner gate and steps fold down, providing easy access to your cargo, and the inner gate does double duty as a writing surface.
How Does the Sierra 1500 Interior Pamper the Driver?
With a leather-covered steering wheel and high-class refined design, the interior of the 2019 GMC Sierra spoils the driver each and every ride. Well-placed controls make driving a breeze, and thoughtful interior lighting helps you see what you need to see at night. Enjoy heated seats and perforated leather inserts on the SLT model.
How Comfortable Is the Sierra 1500?
This model employs state-of-the-art sound-absorbing technology in the dash and carpet, and doors are inlaid and triple-sealed. That makes your ride extra-quiet and comfortable.
The 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 hasn’t forgotten about your passengers, either. Larger rear doors make it easier to climb in while extra legroom and rear climate-control vents makes it easier to stay in.
How Does the Sierra Perform on the Road?
Select either an 8-speed or a 10-speed automatic transmission that’s supported with a traction selection system and powerful engine. State-of-the-art powertrain features are available on the whole range of upgrades available with the Sierra 1500. Experience the power you want with the control you need for an amazing driving experience.
What about the Prograde Trailering System?
If you’re planning on using your Sierra 1500 for towing trailers, you’ll appreciate the Prograde Trailering System. Incorporating intelligent technology, this system comes with an in-truck app as well as high-resolution cameras to help you confidently hitch and tow your trailer in any circumstance.
What Are Comparable Vehicles to the Sierra 1500?
The Sierra competes with other luxury pickup trucks. This line is vying for the drivers looking for a combination of functional, hardworking, and durable hauling along with a comfortable ride. Several other auto manufacturers produce pickup trucks that compete with the Sierra 1500, including:
Who Will Love to Drive the Sierra 1500?
Anyone who needs a serious yet comfortable pickup truck will love the Sierra 1500. If you need to maneuver and haul heavy or awkward loads one day but want a smooth, luxury ride the next, you’ll appreciate this well-rounded auto.
What Kind of Connectivity Is Available?
The GMC Sierra 1500 incorporates intuitive technology features as well as complete integration of your smartphone and other devices. Easily charge your devices with USB ports and your wireless devices with a charging pad.
A sophisticated sound system makes listening a pleasure. Both Apple and Android connectivity are available.
What Kind of Infotainment System Is Available?
Featuring an intuitive interface, the Sierra 1500 has an advanced voice recognition system and customization options. This state-of-the-art technology means that accessing news, entertainment, and personal data through devices becomes effortless, safe, and convenient. Here are some of the available components:
- Touch screen
- Advanced navigation
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot
- Trailering app
- Connection for two devices
- Storage for 10 devices
How Safe Is the Sierra 1500?
Although safety is ultimately the responsibility of the driver, the Sierra 1500 offers a wide range of safety options. Many standard items such as seat belts, air bags, and anti-lock brakes come included; however, advanced technologies boost the safety offerings to the next level. Here are some safety features:
- Rear camera
- Intelligent headlights
- Blind zone alert
- Front collision warning
- Lane change warning
- Following distance alert
- Parking assist
What about the System to Improve Teen Driving?
The Sierra 1500 features a built-in system that triggers certain safety features and allows parents to determine particular limits to encourage better driving by teenagers. The system generates a report card, which you can then use as a basis for discussing driving habits with developing drivers to help them form safe habits on the road.
What Other Safety Features Are Available?
GMC provides the OnStar safety system with the Sierra 1500. This system will automatically call emergency vehicles in the event of a crash. In addition, it gives you a reliable system that can provide roadside assistance if you run out of gas or have a flat tire, and it provides stolen vehicle help if your pickup truck gets taken.
What’s Attractive about the Exterior?
The Sierra 1500 sports a classy yet strong exterior. Its c-shaped headlights help the driver see, and the large grille helps this truck take its spot as master of the road. Higher up on the model range scale, you’ll find a pickup that resembles your favorite off-road terrain vehicles with awesome trip and fancy chrome details.
What’s the Fuel Economy Like?
The two-wheel, four-cylinder version boosts the best fuel mileage at 20 miles per gallon in the city and 23 miles per gallon on the highway. You lose a little efficiency with the 5.3-liter V-8 engine but can add on the dynamic fuel management option to help, giving you a great balance of fuel efficiency and performance in the GMC Sierra 1500.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500
- Stronger, lighter cargo area
- Amazing tailgate
- Driver-focused cockpit
- Quiet ride
- Standard package somewhat weak
- Fuel efficiency can be better
- Large for suburban dwellers
Originally, this truck replaced the GM pickup truck and was completely re-engineered in 1999. This new model at the time came with a regular and extended cab option. By 2005, GMC offered a crew cab version of the truck.
By 1999, the GMC Sierra 1500 offered engines from a 4.3-liter V-6 to a 5.3-liter V-8. Two years later, the company released a high-class option called the C3, which had a unique design and dynamic braking.
An interesting four-wheel steering system arrived on the 2002 model; however, a lack of interest and a big price tag caused GMC to discontinue this feature within a few years.
By 2004, GMC released a hybrid model that provided better fuel efficiency and auxiliary power. The model sported an all-new platform by 2007 and also added a combination electric/gas motor by 2009.
More recently, the GMC Sierra 1500 incorporated EcoTec3 engines in 2014 and received a complete makeover in 2019.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500
- Body Style
- Regular Cab Pickup
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 with Active Fuel Management (285 hp [212 kW] @ 5300 rpm, 305 lb-ft of torque [413 Nm] @ 3900 rpm) (Requires (MYC) 6-speed automatic transmission.)
- 285 - 355 hp
- 6-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Tinted Glass
- Engine, 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 with Active Fuel Management (285 hp [212 kW] @ 5300 rpm, 305 lb-ft of torque [413 Nm] @ 3900 rpm) (Requires (MYC) 6-speed automatic transmission.)
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. Includes Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking (Included and only available with (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine or (L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine.)
- Rear axle, 3.42 ratio
- Pickup bed (Deleted when (ZW9) pickup bed delete is ordered on Regular Cab models.)
- GVWR, 6800 lbs. (3084 kg) (Requires 2WD model with (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine, 2WD Crew Cab or Double Cab models with (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine or Double Cab or Regular Cab 2WD model and (L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine.) (Requires 2WD model with (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine or (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine or Double Cab or Regular Cab model 2WD model and (L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine.)
- Rear wheel drive
- Cooling, external engine oil cooler (Not available with (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine.)
- Alternator, 170 amps
- Battery, heavy-duty 730 cold-cranking amps/70 Amp-hr, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power (Included and only available with (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 engine.)
- Frame, fully-boxed, hydroformed front section
- Cargo tie downs (12), fixed, rated at 500 lbs per corner
- Steering, Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist, rack-and-pinion
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc with DURALIFE rotors
- Capless Fuel Fill
- Exhaust, single outlet
- Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
- Wheels, 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) painted steel, Silver
- Tires, 255/70R17 all-season, blackwall
- Wheel, 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) full-size, steel spare
- Tire, spare 255/70R17 all-season, blackwall (Included with (QBN) 255/70R17 all-season, blackwall tires.)
- Tire carrier lock keyed cylinder lock that utilizes same key as ignition and door (Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.)
- Bumper, front chrome lower (Requires (VJH) rear chrome bumper and (E63) pickup bed.) (Requires (VJH) rear chrome bumper and (E63) pickup bed. Required with (UD7) Rear Park Assist.)
- Bumper, rear chrome with bumper CornerSteps (Requires (V46) front chrome bumper and (E63) pickup bed.)
- CornerStep, rear bumper
- Grille (Chrome surround with Black mesh.)
- Headlamps, LED reflector with incandescent turn signals and LED signature Daytime Running Lamps
- Taillamps, LED tail and stop light with incandescent reverse light
- Mirrors, outside manual, Black
- Glass, solar absorbing, tinted
- Lamps, cargo area, cab mounted integrated with center high mount stop lamp, with switch in bank on left side of steering wheel.
- Tailgate, standard (Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.)
- Tailgate, gate function manual, no lift assist (Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.)
- Tailgate and bed rail protection caps, top
- Tailgate, locking utilizes same key as ignition and door
- Door handles, Black grained
- Audio system, GMC Infotainment System with 7" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; featuring Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones
- Audio system feature, 2-speakers in front doors (Requires Regular Cab model.)
- Bluetooth for phone connectivity to vehicle infotainment system
- Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench.
- Seat adjuster, driver 4-way manual
- Seat adjuster, passenger 4-way manual
- Floor covering, rubberized-vinyl (Not available with LPO floor liners.)
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, manual with wheel locking security feature
- Steering wheel, urethane
- Instrument cluster, 6-gauge cluster featuring speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltage and oil pressure
- Driver Information Center, 3.5" diagonal monochromatic display
- Exterior Temperature Display, located in radio display
- Brake lining wear indicator
- Windows, manual (Standard on Regular Cab model. Crew Cab and Double Cab models have power windows standard.)
- Door locks, manual (Requires Regular Cab model.)
- USB port, located on instrument panel
- Power outlet, front auxiliary, 12-volt
- Air conditioning, single-zone
- Mirror, inside rearview, manual tilt
- Assist handles front A-pillar mounted for driver and passenger, rear B-pillar mounted
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with Proactive Roll Avoidance and traction control, includes electronic trailer sway control and hill start assist
- Daytime Running Lamps LED signature lighting
- Airbags, Dual-stage frontal airbags for driver and front outboard passenger; Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for driver and front outboard passenger; Head-curtain airbags for front and rear outboard seating positions; Includes front outboard Passenger Sensing System for frontal outboard passenger airbag (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Rear Vision Camera (Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.)
- Teen Driver mode a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to help encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain available vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Tire Fill Alert (does not apply to spare tire)