Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Low starting price
- Upscale cabin
- Long list of standard safety features
- Ford SYNC 3 infotainment system with 8-inch touch screen
Ford Fusion Hybrid: Everything You Need to Know
About the Ford Fusion Hybrid:
The Ford Fusion sedan, and its Fusion Hybrid stablemate, are among the few remaining cars in Ford’s lineup as the automaker moves toward SUVs as it primary people haulers.
The five-passenger Fusion Hybrid runs on a gasoline-electric powertrain. It delivers 43 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway. That’s on par with hybrid sedans from other car companies.
Ford also produces the Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid. That model can travel around 25 miles on a full-charged battery before switching over to its gas engine.
What’s New in the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid?
Ford shuffled trim levels for the Fusion Hybrid for the 2019 model year. It cut the top-of-the-line Platinum trim, as well as the Fusion S trim. Meanwhile, it added a mid-range SEL trim.
Ford also added its Ford Co-Pilot360 suite of advanced safety features as standard for 2019. The package includes lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, and automatic emergency braking.
The current lineup features three trims: SE, SEL, and Titanium.
The Ford Fusion Hybrid is powered by a four-cylinder engine and an electric motor that deliver 188 horsepower. It is equipped with a continuously variable automatic transmission, and is built on a front-wheel drive platform.
- SE: Base model includes a long list of standard technology and safety features. Standard equipment includes cloth upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, and dual-zone automatic climate control. All models get a nine-speaker audio system, satellite radio, a Wi-Fi hot spot, and Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen.
- SEL: Mid-range trim adds partial leather upholstery, heated front seats, remote start, and voice-activated navigation.
- Titanium: The top-of-the-line trim includes a moonroof, front sport seats, ventilated front seats, and a heated steering wheel. It also adds a 12-speaker Sony audio system, HD Radio, rear parking sensors, and adaptive cruise control.
New exterior colors for 2019 include Agate Black, Rich Copper Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, and Velocity Blue.
What Does the Ford Fusion Hybrid Compete With?
The Ford Fusion Hybrid’s top competitors include:
- Honda Accord Hybrid
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid
- Kia Optima Hybrid
- Toyota Prius
- Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
- Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Exterior Design of the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid
The 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid receives updated styling to its front and rear. The five-passenger, four-door midsize sedan gets a new grille with a five-bar chrome finish for the base and mid-range models. The Titanium trim comes with a chrome mesh grille.
The 2019 Fusion also gets a new decklid panel, fog lamps, and LED rear tail lamps. Wheels come in three sizes: 16, 17, or 18 inches.
Interior Style in the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid
The Ford Fusion Hybrid seats five adults on standard cloth upholstery. Buyers can upgrade to partial leather upholstery by choosing the SEL or Titanium trims. The mid-range SEL comes with heated front seats. The range-topping Titanium adds ventilated front sport seats and a heated steering wheel. All models feature power-adjustable front seats and dual-zone automatic climate control.
Both rows provide comfortable, supportive seats with ample legroom. However, the sloping roofline can cramp rear headroom.
The cabin features high-quality materials and a well-appointed dashboard layout featuring an 8-inch touch screen for the Ford SYNC 3 infotainment system.
The Fusion Hybrid’s trunk has 12 cubic feet of space. It’s not the largest in the segment, but is big enough for a couple of suitcases or several grocery bags.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid?
All Ford Fusion Hybrid models come with Ford’s easy-to-use SYNC 3 infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen. The interface is responsive and intuitive. Other standard technology equipment includes:
- Nine-speaker sound system.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration.
- Wi-Fi hot spot.
Ford’s MyKey feature lets owners set speed and audio volume controls for secondary drivers. Satellite radio, HD Radio, voice-activated navigation, and an eleven-speaker premium audio system or twelve-speaker Sony audio system are available. What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid? The 2019 Fusion Hybrid earned a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
All models come with a rearview camera and the Ford Co-Pilot360 suite of advanced safety features. It includes:
- Lane keep assist.
- Blind-spot monitoring with cross-traffic alert.
- Forward collision warning.
- Pedestrian detection.
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking.
- Automatic high beams.
The Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist system is the automaker’s optional upgraded suite of safety features. It includes:
- Rear parking sensors.
- Rear cross traffic alert.
- Automatic parking assist.
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go.
What is the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid Like to Drive?
The Ford Fusion Hybrid is powered by a four-cylinder engine and an electric motor that deliver 188 horsepower. All models come with a continuously variable automatic transmission and are built on a front-wheel drive platform. All-wheel drive is available. The hybridized powertrain delivers enough power for driving around town but can feel slow when the car is merging or passing on the highway. However, the Ford Fusion Hybrid’s ride is smooth and poised. Seats are comfortable with plenty of legroom for adults in front and back. Taller adults may feel cramped in the back row due to the car’s sloping roofline. The hybrid achieves 43 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway. Those ratings are on par with segment rivals such as the Kia Optima Hybrid and Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. However, the Honda Accord Hybrid and Toyota Camry Hybrid deliver better fuel economy.
Should I Buy a 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid?
The Fusion Hybrid is a fuel-efficient midsize sedan with agile handling. The base model comes with a long list of standard technology features, including Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen. Its starting price is competitive. Buyers who like luxury features won’t need to sacrifice. The SEL and Titanium trims come with partial leather upholstery and heated seats.
Should I buy a Used Ford Fusion Hybrid? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid is six years into its second generation. Ford has reshuffled its trim lineup and introduced several new standard safety features. Buying a used model can save thousands of dollars, but buyers may miss features now standard with the Ford Co-Pilot360 safety suite. All 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid models come with lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, and automatic emergency braking.
How Much Does the 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid Cost?
The 2019 Ford Fusion Hybrid starts at $27,555. The starting price is competitive for the segment. The new-for-2019 Fusion Hybrid SEL trim begins at $31,520. The top-of-the-line Fusion Hybrid Titanium starts at $34,485. The Titanium trim provides many luxury features that would cost more in rival midsize sedans.
The gasoline-powered Ford Fusion starts at $22,840. The plug-in hybrid begins at $34,595.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Low starting price
- Comfortable interior
- Upscale cabin
- Agile handling
- Lackluster acceleration
- Small trunk
- Not as fuel efficient as top rivals
- Lacks rear headroom
The History of the Ford Fusion Hybrid: 10 Years of the Ford Fusion Hybrid
Ford launched the Ford Fusion Hybrid in as a 2010 model. It is now in its second generation.
The Ford Fusion Hybrid is built on the same platform as the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, its counterpart from Ford’s luxury brand.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Body Style
- 2.0L iVCT Atkinson Cycle I-4 Hybrid
- 188 hp
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Wifi Hotspot
- Engine: 2.0L iVCT Atkinson Cycle I-4 Hybrid
- Transmission: eCVT
- 50-State Emissions System
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 500CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 14 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 17" Sparkle Silver-Painted Aluminum
- Tires: P225/50R17 BSW
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Autolamp Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/MP3 Stereo -inc: 9 speakers and SiriusXM radio w/a 6-month prepaid subscription, SiriusXM not available in AK/HI, Sirius XM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by SiriusXM Radio Inc, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349, See SiriusXM customer agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio Inc
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 911 Assist, 8" LCD capacitive touchscreen in center stack w/swipe capability, AppLink, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and 2 smart charging USB ports
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Siriusxm Traffic Real-Time Traffic Display
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Cloth Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Traction Battery Level, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- FordPass Connect 4G LTE WiFi Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Cloth Front Bucket Seats -inc: 10-way power driver seat w/2-way power lumbar (fore/aft, up/down w/recline, tilt), 4-way manual passenger seat (fore/aft w/recline) and 4-way front seat head restraints
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look/Piano Black Console Insert and Chrome Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- 911 Assist Emergency Sos
- Reverse Sensing System Rear Parking Sensors
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) Blind Spot Sensor
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and Cross-Traffic Alert
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Lane-Keeping Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Lane-Keeping Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera