Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Diverse range of powertrains includes gas-only and hybrid choices.
- Strong fuel economy from the lineup’s hybrid variants.
- Optional all-wheel drive.
- Generous range of driver-assist features.
Ford Fusion: Everything You Need to Know
About the Model:
The Ford Fusion turns heads with its sleek exterior design. This family sedan also offers engaging handling and a stylish cabin, equipped with the modern driver-assist features today’s car shoppers expect.
Providing seating for five passengers, the Ford Fusion is a midsize sedan that’s built to provide capable family transportation. It’s available as a gas-only model, a conventional hybrid (Ford Fusion Hybrid) and a plug-in hybrid (Ford Fusion Energi). Buyers can choose between front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive.
The gas-only Fusion comes in S, SE, SEL, Titanium and V6 Sport. The Fusion Hybrid comes in SE SEL, and Titanium. The Energi comes solely in the Titantium trim.
There are lots of stellar midsize sedans on the market, and car shoppers have some excellent choices to consider. The Fusion will be appealing to those who like crisp handling and stunning design.
What’s New in the 2019 Ford Fusion?
For the 2019 model year, the Fusion welcomes the following changes:
- Freshened design for front and rear fascias.
- All models add a blind-spot warning system, automatic high beams, rear cross-traffic alert, a lane-keeping system and a forward collision mitigation system as standard equipment.
- Trim lineup has been slimmed.
- Expanded electric-only driving range for Fusion Energi.
What Does the 2019 Ford Fusion Compete With?
The Fusion is cross-shopped against family-friendly midsize sedans, including these models:
- Toyota Camry.
- Mazda 6.
- Hyundai Sonata.
- Subaru Legacy.
- Buick Regal.
- Chevrolet Malibu.
- Nissan Altima.
- Volkswagen Passat.
- Honda Accord.
- Kia Optima.
Thanks to its rewarding driving dynamics, the Ford Fusion makes a memorable impression, even in this highly skilled class.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Ford Fusion
Its refined exterior design gives the Fusion an appearance that’s vaguely European. In front, upswept headlights sit beneath a deeply ridged hood. With its tall beltline and rounded roof, the Fusion’s profile looks fluid and sleek.
Base-model Fusion sedans come standard with a list of exterior features that includes:
- Daytime running lights.
- Automatic halogen headlights.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers.
- LED taillights.
- Power-adjustable exterior mirrors.
- 16-inch wheels.
- Chrome 5-bar upper grille.
The Fusion’s selection of optional equipment includes larger wheels, heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals, LED headlights and a power sunroof.
Interior Style in the 2019 Ford Fusion
Its attractive cabin design is one of the Fusion’s high points. Both the center stack and the dash are spruced up with eye-catching metallic accents. The materials used throughout the interior are of good quality.
Both rows of seats offer lots of legroom. However, the sedan’s curving roofline diminishes headroom for taller rear-seat passengers. The rear seats come with well-placed LATCH attachments that facilitate drama-free car-seat installation.
Trunk capacity varies throughout the Fusion lineup. The gas-only model is the champ when it comes to cargo space, offering 16 cubic feet of room for your stuff. Due to their intruding battery packs, the Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi don’t fare as well. With the Fusion Hybrid, you get 12 cubic feet of cargo space. Cargo capacity in the Fusion Energi comes in at just 8.2 cubic feet.
A tilt-and-telescoping steering column is standard. Drivers can use this feature to find a pleasant seating position behind the wheel. All models come with a split-folding rear seat accommodating long items in the trunk.
The Fusion’s range of optional interior features includes:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Fold-down rear-seat center armrest with two cupholders.
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat.
- Heated and ventilated front seats.
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror.
- Heated steering wheel.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Ford Fusion?
Ford has equipped the Fusion with an appealing lineup of tech features. Keep in mind, though, that while the list of optional amenities is competitive, other models provide a broader range of standard tech features.
Base models come with a 4-speaker stereo with MP3 capability. Bluetooth connectivity is also standard, allowing hands-free phone calls.
When it comes to optional tech equipment, the Ford Fusion offers:
- Satellite radio.
- Apple CarPlay smartphone integration.
- Android Auto smartphone integration.
- Premium 11-speaker stereo.
- Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Voice-activated navigation system.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Ford Fusion?
Even a small oversight can cause an accident when you’re behind the wheel. Driver-assist technology prevents these mishaps from occurring by serving as an extra pair of eyes. The Fusion comes standard with an impressive range of driver-assist features, including:
- Lane-keeping system. This system uses a camera to scan lane markings, steering the Fusion back into its lane if the car wanders.
- Forward collision mitigation system. This technology brings the car to halt if its sensors detect that a collision is imminent.
- Automatic high beams. On pitch-black nights, this system turns on the Fusion’s high beams. If there’s a car approaching, it switches from high beams to low beams.
- Blind-spot monitor. It’s easy to miss a car in your blind spot when you’re making a lane change so a blind-spot monitor issues a warning.
- Rear cross-traffic alert. If you’re reversing the Fusion and there’s an object in your path, this technology will alert you.
The range of optional driver-assist features includes adaptive cruise control and a self-parking system.
What Is the 2019 Ford Fusion Like to Drive?
The Ford Fusion is offered with the following powerplants:
- 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine that kicks out 175 horsepower.
- 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that generates 181 horsepower.
- 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that produces 245 horsepower.
- 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 available that generates 325 horsepower.
- Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi models team a 2.0-liter engine with an electric motor for a net output of 188 horsepower.
Gas-only models come with a 6-speed automatic transmission and either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. With the Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi, front-wheel drive is the only choice available, and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) governs the proceedings.
Comfortable handling is a must for family sedans. The Fusion’s ride quality is smooth enough to keep rough road surfaces from jangling your nerves. The car’s driving dynamics are responsive enough to put a smile on your face at the end of a long workday.
The Fusion Energi can travel for up to 26 miles using just electric power. With the electric engine in play, it achieves mileage of 103 MPGe combined city and highway. With just the gas engine, the Fusion Energi manages fuel economy of 42 mpg combined. The Fusion Hybrid and gas-only Fusion get mileage of up to 42 mpg combined and 27 mpg combined, respectively.
Should I Buy a New Ford Fusion?
A new Ford Fusion is a solid choice for car shoppers seeking a family sedan that’s capable, comfortable and fun to drive. Those looking for fuel-efficient transportation will want to pay special attention to the Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi.
Should I Buy a Used Ford Fusion? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
A used Ford Fusion represents a good bargain for car shoppers. The Fusion’s last redesign was in 2013. The overhaul added a host of driver-assistive features and dramatically upgraded the car’s exterior design. Choose a 2013 or newer model to enjoy these benefits.
How Much Does the New Ford Fusion Cost?
Pricing for the Fusion starts at $22,840. It has a lower base price than rivals like the Buick Regal and Honda Accord.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Ford Fusion
- Excellent fuel economy from hybrid models.
- Engaging driving dynamics.
- Gas-only models provide a large trunk.
- Euro-sleek exterior design.
- Attractive cabin.
- Long list of standard driver-assist features.
- Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi have anemic cargo capacity.
- Rival models offer more standard tech features.
- Sloping roofline compromises rear headroom.
The Ford Fusion first hit U.S. dealerships back in 2006. It was redesigned in 2012, bringing in stylish new sheet metal and a broad range of driver-assist features. The Fusion Hybrid joined the lineup in 2010, while the Fusion Energi was introduced in 2013.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Ford Fusion
- Body Style
- 2.5L iVCT
- 175 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Wifi Hotspot
- Engine: 2.5L iVCT
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
- 50-State Emissions System
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.07 Axle Ratio
- 500CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 16.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Brake Actuated Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 16" Steel w/Silver-Painted Covers
- Tires: 215/60R16 BSW
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Autolamp Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM/MP3 Stereo -inc: 4 speakers
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- SYNC Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition system, 911 Assist, 4.2" LCD screen in center stack, AppLink and 1 smart-charging USB port
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Cloth Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- FordPass Connect 4G LTE WiFi Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look/Piano Black Console Insert and Chrome Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way manual driver seat (fore/aft, up/down w/recline, manual lumbar adjust), 4-way manual passenger seat (fore/aft w/recline) and 4-way front seat head restraints
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) Blind Spot Sensor
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and Cross-Traffic Alert
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Lane-Keeping Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Lane-Keeping Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera