Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Plenty of interior features
- More spacious than you expect
- Easy to park
- Fuel efficient and sporty
2019 Ford Fiesta: Everything You Need to Know
About the Ford Fiesta:
The 2019 Ford Fiesta is a compact car that comes in either a hatchback or sedan. The Fiesta has been in production since 1976. Ford halted production of the Fiesta for the U.S. market in 1980. It then reintroduced the Fiesta nameplate in 2008. The Fiesta is one of the best-selling cars in Ford’s history.
Ford Fiesta customers can choose between a fuel-sipping 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine or a high-powered turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine in the Fiesta ST. The Fiesta uses either a six-speed automatic transmission, a five-speed manual transmission, or six-speed manual transmission.
What’s New in the 2019 Ford Fiesta?
This is the last year for the Fiesta, so Ford hasn’t invested in updating it. Ford, however, did provide U.S. Fiesta buyers with a new equipment package, the Fiesta ST-Line, which had been offered in other markets outside the U.S.
The 2019 Ford Fiesta is available in three styles:
- Ford Fiesta S and SE: Standard 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine coupled to a five-speed manual transmission. A six-speed automatic transmission is available. The standard Fiesta also comes with Ford’s Sync media interface, which is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable. Keyless entry and a six-speaker audio setup are also standard.
- Ford Fiesta ST-Line: The new Fiesta ST-Line receives dual chrome exhaust tips, 16-inch black alloy wheels and ST-Line badging. Sport cloth seats with red stitching and ST-Line logos also come with the package. The ST-Line also gets metallic inserts on the pedals and shifter, and a leather-trimmed steering wheel.
- Ford Fiesta ST: Powering the Fiesta ST is a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 197 horsepower and 202 pound-feet of torque. Power is sent through a six-speed manual transmission to the front wheels. The Fiesta ST comes standard with sport bucket seats and summer performance tires.
What Does the 2019 Ford Fiesta Compete With?
The Ford Fiesta competes with the following compact cars:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Ford Fiesta
The front of the Ford Fiesta has a sloped front that ends in a unique grille. A set of two long headlights wrap around the Fiesta’s front fascia and end at its fenders. Below the headlights are twin fog lamps, with a centrally-located air intake.
At the Fiesta’s sides are scalloped door panels that give it an aggressive presence, while maintaining a mass-market appeal. Ford offers the Fiesta in either sedan or a hatchback. The sedan’s rear looks like Ford’s Fusion with a rather simple appearance. Likewise, the hatchback is also straightforward, but with angled brake lights.
Ford offers four wheel designs for the Fiesta:
- 15-inch wheel with plastic hubcaps
- 15-inch aluminum wheel
- 16-inch painted silver aluminum wheel
- 16-inch machined aluminum wheel
The Fiesta ST gets an additional three designs:
- 16-inch black alloy wheel
- 17-inch alloy wheel
- 17-inch painted black alloy wheel
Interior Design of the 2019 Ford Fiesta
The Ford Fiesta’s interior can be summed up in two words: Spartan utility. Because of its low starting price, the Fiesta’s design is one of purpose and little else.
The dash uses a hybrid digital/analog design, with two analog gauges showing speed and rpm of the engine. In the middle of the gauges is a small digital display with additional information which can be toggled through by buttons on the steering wheel. The steering wheel itself is rather bare, with buttons for voice command, volume, and cruise control.
The central dash display offers two sizes, a smaller 4.2-inch display, or a larger 6.5-inch display. Both of which run Ford’s Sync 3 system. Below the digital screens is the car’s media controls and climate buttons. Below those are buttons for the optional heated front seats, and dimmer for the screens and gauges. Both manual and automatic transmission gear selectors sit below the dash and split the cabin.
The Fiesta’s rear seat comfort is dependent on the size of the passengers. For children and young adults, the rear seats are quite comfortable. For taller adults, the rear seats are quite cramped. The rear seats do offer a 60/40-split and restraints for child seats.
Ford’s Fiesta isn’t as nice as some of its competitors, yet it doesn’t feel cheap. The Fiesta’s interior is, as mentioned above, one of purpose and nothing else. It does the job and works well in daily driving.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Ford Fiesta?
The technology available is slightly outdated compared to some of its competitors. Though older, the Fiesta offers customers enough technology for the average buyer.
The Ford Fiesta comes with either a standard 4.2-inch display or an optional 6.5-inch touchscreen display. The system includes:
- Ford Sync 3
- AM/FM/CD Audio
- Six-speaker audio system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Optional Sirius XM
- Amazon Alexa-enabled
- Two USB Ports
The standard driver’s seat is a four-way manual unit, while the passenger is a two-way manually adjusted seat. Upgrading to the Fiesta ST brings electronically adjusted, heated, six-way Recaro seats. The rear seats are a 60/40-split fold-down version. They come with LATCH child anchor points.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Ford Fiesta?
The Ford Fiesta includes safety features such as:
- LATCH child safety restraints
- Rear-facing camera
- Halogen headlights
- Hill Start Assist
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Blind-Spot Warning
- SOS Post-Crash Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
What is the 2019 Ford Fiesta Like to Drive?
Though the Fiesta is marketed as a thrifty compact, it offers performance, handling, and fun.
Given that so many of the Fiesta’s competitors are dull to drive, the small car’s dynamics are a breath of fresh air in the class. Behind the wheel, the Fiesta handles beautifully. Outward visibility is good, and the direct electronically assisted steering functions well. Drivers will be able to feel the well-constructed chassis as the Fiesta moves through successive turns.
That said, even though the Fiesta is sportier than its competitors, customers have the choice to either lean into that character or be more economical when it comes to choosing the engine. The most efficient engine option is a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine rated at just 120 horsepower and 112 pound-feet of torque. For those that want to up the Fiesta’s performance metrics, a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost engine is available in the Fiesta ST. It develops 197 horsepower and 202 pound-feet, though it isn’t as fuel-efficient as its non-boosted sibling.
Of the three transmission choices, the available six-speed manual transmission is the best. But it is only available in the higher-priced models. The shifts are snappy and the clutch is friendly to those just learning how to drive a manual transmission. The five-speed manual is also easy to use, though not as precise. The six-speed automatic is the worst of the bunch and seems to lag behind Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) units in the Fiesta’s competitors.
No matter which Ford Fiesta you choose, the car offers peppy performance, efficient gas mileage, and a spacious interior that can be used either for a young family or enthusiast driving machine.
Even though the Fiesta is modestly appointed and economically priced, it remains one of the most fun to drive compact cars in its class.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Ford Fiesta?
While the Ford Fiesta’s production will soon end, it remains a great choice for those looking for something frugal and humble. The Fiesta’s small exterior size, yet spacious interior make it a great car for city customers that live where parking space is an issue. And with both frugal and powerful engines, the Fiesta offers both thrills and thrifty economics. Also, customers will likely find steep discounts as Ford sells these last cars.
Should I Buy a Used 2019 Ford Fiesta?
When the Fiesta first was introduced, it had a few electrical issues. These issues later were fixed through a handful of Ford Service Bulletins, but the fixes weren’t mandatory. As such, older Fiesta could still have unresolved electrical issues. Given the discounts now available for the current model, we’d recommend looking at a new Fiesta.
How Much Does the New 2019 Ford Fiesta Cost?
The 2019 Ford Fiesta starts at $16,765 for the base model, including destination.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Ford Fiesta
- Small footprint, spacious interior
- Available with frugal or powerful engine
- Fun exterior colors
- Low starting price
- Lacking updated active safety systems
- Final year of production
The History of the Ford Fiesta: One of Ford’s Last Compact Cars
Ford’s Fiesta was first introduced in 1976 to go up against Renault’s 5 and Fiat’s 127 and approved by Henry Ford II. The Fiesta was meant to take on the growing supermini market as the Oil Crises killed larger car sales.
Successive Fiestas became larger than the original, but all maintained a small stature. In the European market, the Fiesta has long been one of the best-selling cars in Ford’s lineup. However, in the U.S. where space is plentiful and pickup trucks reign supreme, the Fiesta has always been an outlier.
Ford has decided to end production for the U.S., although it is debuting a European seventh-generation Fiesta. Like previous iterations, the new seventh-generation Ford Fiesta is slightly bigger, roomier, and features a host of powertrains and available transmissions.
Ford has no plans to bring future Fiesta generations back to the U.S. currently.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Ford Fiesta
- Body Style
- 1.6L Ti-VCT I-4
- 120 hp
- 5-Speed Manual
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.6L Ti-VCT I-4
- Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
- 50-State Emissions System
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.07 Axle Ratio
- 500CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 12.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 15" Steel w/Covers
- Tires: P185/60R15 BSW
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo/CD Player/MP3 Capable -inc: auxiliary audio input jack, 6 speakers and steering wheel redundant audio controls
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control and Radio Data System
- Automatic Equalizer
- Digital Signal Processor
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- SYNC Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 911 Assist, smart-charging USB port, 4.2" screen in center stack and AppLink
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Cloth Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer and Trip Odometer
- Manual Rear Windows
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter and Illuminated Entry
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Cloth Door Trim Insert
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Front Bucket Seats -inc: bolsters, 4-way manual (fore/aft, up/down) driver seat, 2-way manual (fore/aft) passenger seat and 2-way adjustable head restraints
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors
- Full Floor Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Manual 1st Row Windows
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera