Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Roomy interior and additional cargo space
- Best-in-class towing ability
- Improved grip on the road
- Power-fold and reclining third-row seating
- 10-speed automatic transmission
The 2019 Ford Expedition Max is a family SUV that handles like a lightweight crossover SUV. The ease of handling is chiefly due to the aluminum body panels that lower its weight without reducing the strength of the body.
Like all true SUVs, a rugged truck base is at the foundation of the Max. In fact, Ford modeled the 2018 Ford Expedition aluminum body panels after the famous F-150 truck. However, the Ford Expedition Max takes the Expedition a step further with an extended 131.6-inch width at the wheels and an extra 16.9 cubic feet of cargo space.
All Ford Expedition Max versions come with powerful EcoBoost® engines and a smooth-shifting automatic transmission with 10 speeds. This offers the power of a larger engine and good flow on the road. You'll find good reviews regarding the Ford Expedition Max's steady increase of power when a driver presses down the gas pedal.
The Expedition Max seats eight passengers and is the type of vehicle that drivers search for when they want plenty of auto travel space. You can pay a little extra for a tough-tow package that can pull any travel trailer. This vehicle is a great choice for families that enjoy taking road trips together.
The new 2019 Ford lineup of Expedition Max models are all good choices if you live near a city but want a big SUV. The 2018 Ford Max is also the right option if you have a large family or a vacation home in another state.
The large size of the vehicle is the only low point, just like with any roomy SUV. Although you can navigate and park in most lots, the SUV can't access parking garages. Yet, for the class of vehicle, the size is easier to handle than most.
The four-wheel drive feature allows drivers to select a limited-slip differential (LSD) and other details. The LSD helps the Max grip the road and is great for drivers who drive in snow, ice, and mud. There's also a package for people who drive off-road a lot.
If you shop online, you can compare support ratings of dealers and the mpg of all Ford models. When you compare support ratings and mpg, the reviews will alert you if a car uses more gas than the rating or breaks down a lot. You can also read about how much money you can save on financing a vehicle with factory incentives.
Search dealer reviews of the Ford Expedition for details on the latest Ford cars in stock. The internet provides full feature access to save you time and money. You can search for the best price, view the interiors and exteriors, and look at mpg ratings.
You can search dealer reviews online of the Ford Expedition and other 2019 Ford cars to save time when you compare cars. The Expedition Max 2019 Ford offers 23 mpg high, a sync system, and several sale-price incentives. Now might be the time to buy a 2019 or 2018 Ford car while the price is still low.
The 2019 Ford Expedition Max competes with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Suburban
- Chevrolet Tahoe
- GMC Yukon
- GMC Yukon XL (Denali)
- Toyota Sequoia
- Nissan Armada
- Dodge Durango
If you're looking for an SUV that has lots of front and rear legroom, plenty of cargo space, and features that save fuel, the Ford Expedition Max fits the bill. The American automaker has updated the Ford Expedition Max from bumper to bumper. Drivers are very interested in the Ford Expedition Max for its best-in-class towing power.
What’s New with the Ford Expedition Max?
The 2019 model is about the same as last year's when it comes to its features and specs. Rather than having outdated features, it means that the features had improved so much for 2018 that there was little else to add. Ford has updated the Expedition Max with XLT and Platinum Trim Packages for 2019.
Exterior Design of the Ford Expedition Max
The new generation Ford Expedition Max comes with a type of running board that moves under the truck when it's not in use. This is a big win for drivers who want to access new features. You can also buy 18- or 20-inch aluminum wheels as an upgrade.
The special liftgates save time when you're accessing the cargo area and the third row. The power folding mirrors add value and protect your mirrors from bad weather or tight parking spaces.
Overall, the exteriors of the 2019 and 2018 Ford limited editions of the Expedition Max are both bold and beautiful. The classy styling is simple and smart at the same time.
Interior Design of the Ford Expedition Max
Ford built the 2019 Ford Expedition Max like a motorhome. The Max features about 120 cubic feet of cargo space from the front row to the back. The rear seats in the third row fold flat to hold extra luggage and travel gear. Tall people will fit in any seat without a problem.
The third row of the Platinum edition comes with its own climate control. You can also buy the full leather interior in the Platinum edition, making it easy to keep your new SUV clean and comfortable. It's possible to select bucket seats for the second row for even more comfort.
What Technology Comes with the Ford Expedition Max?
Many people are buying brand-new vehicles because they want the latest safety technology for driving. The Ford Expedition Max comes with several useful connectivity and safety features.
Standard features include:
- A rearview camera
- Ability to unlock the vehicle with a code
Higher trim levels include:
- 8-inch Sync 3 touchscreen
- Automatic climate control
- Heated seats
- Quality audio system (12 speakers)
- Leather seats
The computer assist makes it simple to view fuel alerts and other auto safety features. However, there's no sensor on the top of the vehicle to tell you when you're approaching an overhead structure that's too low, so be careful where you go.
What Kind of Safety Features Are in the Ford Expedition Max?
The 2019 Ford Expedition Max includes:
- The Smart Accident System
- A rearview camera
- Trailer control
What’s the Ford Expedition Max Like to Drive?
The 2019 Ford Expedition Max is light and easy to drive. If you review the option details and upgrade the safety alert monitors, it gets even better to drive. The powerful 375-horsepower EcoBoost® engine features new turbos that quickly assist with acceleration without any delay.
Should You Buy a Used Ford Expedition Max?
As long as you're buying a 2018 to 2019 model, you really can’t go wrong with this vehicle. The latest 2018 and 2019 models have a number of big upgrades that make them more popular choices than older models that may need a lot of auto service. The used 2018 models may be for sale in limited places.
How Much Does the Ford Expedition Max Cost?
The base price for a 2019 Expedition Max starts at just $53,960. The Platinum Expedition Max starts at $76,006. A number of owners have saved money by extending warranty service for their Ford Expedition Max vehicles or by taking advantage of limited offers.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Ford Expedition Max
- Lots of cargo space
- Great handling
- Top towing power
- Costs a lot less than a motorhome
- Super stereo-system upgrades
- Not made for daily driving in the city
- Most safety features cost extra
- Poor fuel economy in the city
- Not many luxury features
The Ford Expedition is the 1997 model that took the place of the Ford Bronco. In 2007, Ford updated the Expedition and created a model with extra cargo space. In 2018, Ford upgraded the Expedition with all the new safety features and technology, creating the Max.
The 2018 version is the same as the Ford Expedition Max in 2019 with very few changes.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Ford Expedition Max
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6
- 375 hp
- 10-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L EcoBoost V6 -inc: auto start-stop technology
- Transmission: 10-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- 3.31 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 7,300 lbs
- 50 States Emissions System
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 72-Amp/Hr 675CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Class III Towing Equipment -inc: Hitch and Trailer Sway Control
- Trailer Wiring Harness
- 1770# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 28.3 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 18" Machined-Face Aluminum -inc: magnetic-painted pockets
- Tires: P275/65R18 AS BSW
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody w/Crankdown
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Rear Step Bumper w/Gray Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Colored Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Stainless Steel Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Bodyside Cladding and Body-Colored Fender Flares
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Flip-Up Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper, Heated Wiper Park and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Running Boards
- Chrome Grille
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Capable -inc: speed-compensated volume and 6 speakers
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Window Grid Antenna
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio -inc: SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by Sirius XM Radio Inc, If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates, Fees and taxes apply, To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349, See SiriusXM customer agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com, All fees and programming subject to change, Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc, Not available in Alaska or Hawaii, 6-month prepaid subscription
- SYNC 3 Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 8" center LCD capacitive touch-screen w/swiping and pinch-to-zoom capabilities (when ordered w/navigation system), AppLink, 911 Assist, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility and (2) smart charging USB ports in media hub
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Driver Seat
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Fore/Aft Movement
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Cloth Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench Cloth 3rd Row Seat Front, Power Recline, Power Fold Into Floor and 3 Fixed Head Restraints
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Keyfob Rear Window
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Auxiliary Rear Heater and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Glove Box
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Front Captain's Chairs -inc: 8-passenger seating, 8-way power driver seat w/manual recline and power lumbar and 2-way manual passenger seat
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Full Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Space Lights
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Dashboard Storage, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) Blind Spot Sensor
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and Cross-Traffic Alert
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Lane-Keeping Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Ford Co-Pilot360 - Lane-Keeping Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera w/Washer