Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Fuel-efficient engines
- Front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive
- Available touchscreen infotainment display
- Side-opening rear door
Ford EcoSport: Everything You Need to Know
About the Ford EcoSport:
The Ford EcoSport is an affordable subcompact crossover SUV. It offers great cargo and passenger capacity for its small size. The EcoSport starts at $19,995, climbing to $27,275 for the top trim. The EcoSport is a good choice for buyers who want utility in a small package.
What’s New in the Current 2019 Ford EcoSport?
The 2019 EcoSport is new to the U.S. market. It has been available in other countries since 2003.
Buyers can choose from the following setups:
- Turbocharged 1.0-liter (123 horsepower, 125 pound-feet of torque), front-wheel drive
- 2.0-liter engine (166 horsepower, 149 pound-feet of torque), all-wheel drive
Both engines are paired to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The EcoSport provides only average fuel economy. The 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine returns an EPA-estimated 27 mpg city and 29 mpg highway. The 2.0-liter engine earns 23 mpg city and 29 mpg highway.
What Does the 2019 Ford EcoSport Compete With?
The Ford EcoSport competes with the following subcompact crossovers:
Subcompact crossovers are popular with young singles and couples, and with older buyers whose children are grown. A low-price vehicle, the Ford EcoSport is attractive for students, first-time buyers, and retirees.
Buyers on a budget like the base S and SE trims. They provide the most important features for a low price. Sport-oriented shoppers will prefer the faster SES trim with its sport suspension. Those seeking comfort will enjoy Ford’s luxury Titanium trim with heated leather seats and a Bang & Olufsen audio system.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Ford EcoSport
The most important exterior feature of the EcoSport is the rear door. The EcoSport includes four typical side doors. But instead of a rear hatch, the EcoSport uses a side-opening door. This allows easy access to the cargo area.
Standard exterior features on the EcoSport include:
- Capless gas filler
- Fuel-saving active grille shutters
- Daytime running lights
- 16-inch aluminum wheels
- LED daytime running lights on SE trim and higher
- A power moonroof included on SE trim and higher
Overall, the EcoSport is a good-looking vehicle. It has the stance of an SUV, and all models include alloy wheels.
Interior Style in the 2019 Ford EcoSport
The Ford EcoSport is designed to be affordable, so its interior is not as fancy as more expensive vehicles. The layout is simple and the controls are easy to reach. The EcoSport officially seats five passengers, but it’s a small car. Only four adults fit comfortably. The back seats come with LATCH attachments for child car seats.
The basic interior is attractive fabric. The luxury Titanium model includes heated leather seats. The sporty SES comes with Ford’s ActiveX upholstery, which is a mix of fabric and leather. The SES also includes colorful highlight trim pieces inside.
The EcoSport has more cargo space than the Chevrolet Trax or Toyota C-HR. It can handle a trip to the garden center, and it’s perfect for a weekend camping trip.
All EcoSport models come with eight cup holders.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Ford EcoSport?
Ford knows younger buyers care about technology. Even the most basic EcoSport includes the original Sync voice recognition system.
The base EcoSport S comes with a 4.2-inch infotainment center on the dash. Two USB ports provide charging and phone access. Drivers can use the USB ports or Bluetooth to connect a phone. Hands-free calling and music streaming are supported. All EcoSport models can add Sirius satellite radio.
The higher SE trim includes a 6.5-inch touchscreen system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It also gets upgraded Sync 3 voice control system, which connects features such as Amazon Alexa and Waze navigation.
The SES and Titanium trims include an 8.0-inch touchscreen with support for 4G/LTE data connections. The EcoSport Titanium also gets a Bang & Olufsen audio system.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Ford EcoSport?
The EcoSport’s active safety features include:
- Emergency braking assistance system
- Post-crash alerts
- Tire pressure monitor
- Daytime running lights
- Vehicle stability control
The SES and Titanium also include a blind-spot monitoring system with rear cross-traffic alert. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the 2019 Ford EcoSport four out of five stars for crash safety.
What is the 2019 Ford EcoSport Like to Drive?
The EcoSport with the 2.0-liter engine is pleasant to drive. The 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine can feel a little underpowered for American roads. The all-wheel drive system that comes with the larger engine is a nice feature. All-wheel drive is especially good in bad weather. The EcoSport also includes a real automatic transmission, which drives much better than a continuously variable design.
The EcoSport provides good visibility. The driver sits up high with a commanding view of the road.
Like most small vehicles, the EcoSport can have a rough or jumpy ride. Be sure to take a test-drive to see if it will be comfortable on your local roads.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Ford EcoSport?
Buyers looking for an affordable small crossover should consider the Ford EcoSport. It provides good value for the money, especially higher trim levels. The sport-oriented SES trim includes the larger engine, while the Titanium trim focuses more on interior comfort.
Should I buy a Used 2019 Ford EcoSport? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Since it’s a new model, used EcoSports are rare. Eventually, more used EcoSports will become available. All Ford EcoSport models are covered by a three-year, 36,000-mile general warranty. The drivetrain warranty is five-years or 60,000 miles. Unexpired warranties are transferred to the next buyer.
How Much Does the New 2019 Ford EcoSport Cost?
The 2019 Ford EcoSport S starts at $19,995. The EcoSport SE costs $23,150, and the Titanium is $26,160. The sporty EcoSport SES with the 2.0-liter engine sells for $27,275.
The 2.0-liter engine with all-wheel drive can be added to S, SE, or Titanium trim levels for $1,595. A destination fee of $1,095 will be added to every purchase.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Ford EcoSport
- Easy to park
- Nimble and fun to drive
- High seating position
- Available touchscreen infotainment
- Unique side-opening rear door
- Can tow up to 2,000 pounds
- 1.0-liter engine feels underpowered
- Fuel economy is only average
- Few advanced active safety features available
The History of the Ford EcoSport
The EcoSport has been popular worldwide for over 15 years. Buyers from Asia to South America like its small size and generous cargo capacity. The EcoSport was originally made in Brazil, but has also been made in India, Romania, Russia, and Thailand. Subcompact SUVs are more popular than ever, so Ford brought the EcoSport to the U.S. in 2018.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Ford EcoSport
- Body Style
- Sport Utility
- 1.0L EcoBoost
- 123 hp
- 6-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 1.0L EcoBoost -inc: auto start-stop technology
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic w/SelectShift
- 3.44 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: TBA
- 50-State Emissions System
- Transmission w/Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Trailer Wiring Harness
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 16" Low-Gloss Magnetic-Painted -inc: Machined-face aluminum
- Tires: 205/60R16 AS BSW
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Rear Bumper
- Black Bodyside Cladding
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Black Door Handles
- Black Power Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter and Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille
- Conventional Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Capable -inc: 6 speakers
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Streaming Audio
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- SYNC Communications & Entertainment System -inc: enhanced voice recognition, 911 Assist, 4.2" LCD screen in center stack, AppLink and 2 smart-charging USB ports
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- 6-Way Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Cloth Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Supplemental Heater
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Urethane Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Front Bucket Seats -inc: 4-way manual driver seat (fore/aft, up/down, w/manual recline and manual lumbar), 4-way manual front-passenger seat (fore/aft, up/down w/manual recline) and manually adjustable head restraints (Note: rear seat center head restraint is fixed position)
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Tire Inflator & Sealant Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Cloth Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- AdvanceTrac w/Roll Stability Control Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Safety Canopy System Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Mykey System -inc: Top Speed Limiter, Audio Volume Limiter, Early Low Fuel Warning, Programmable Sound Chimes and Beltminder w/Audio Mute
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera