Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Wide range of powerful engines
- Optional all-wheel drive for cold-weather climates
- Roomy interior
- Easy to use technology interface
Dodge Charger: Everything You Need to Know
About the Dodge Charger:
The Dodge Charger is a full-size four-door passenger sedan. It leans towards the sporty side, but it’s still an excellent choice for families or anyone who wants performance and practicality.
The Charger comes with a strong 3.6-liter V6 engine as standard equipment. It’s rear-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is optional for more traction in cold-weather climates. Dodge also offers three different V8 engine upgrades for more performance. All Chargers use an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Inside, the Charger is a spacious and comfortable passenger car. The standard models offer basic features that will satisfy the average car buyer. A technology package offers every feature you expect in a modern car, including advanced active safety equipment. Dodge’s Uconnect technology system is very easy to use thanks to a touchscreen interface. With a starting price under $30,000, the Charger is an excellent value for an all-around family car.
What’s New in the 2019 Dodge Charger?
The 2019 Dodge Charger has several new and revised features:
- The V6 in the Charger SXT (all-wheel-drive) and GT (rear-wheel-drive) is now rated at 300 horsepower and 364 pound-feet of torque.
- Charger GT and R/T trims receive new sport trim including a performance hood with air induction, aero doorsills, rear spoiler, and sport seats.
- Charger SRT Hellcat and Scat Pack trims receive standard launch control, a front brake line lock, performance grille with dual air inlets, launch control switch on Scat Pack, and an after-run chiller on SRT Hellcat.
- Charger Scat Pack adds Bilstein three-mode adaptive suspension with track mode.
- New optional cold weather package includes heated seats, heated steering wheel, and heated outside mirrors.
What Does the 2019 Dodge Charger Compete With?
The 2019 Dodge Charger is a full-size passenger sedan that competes with:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Dodge Charger
The Dodge Charger is a sporty looking sedan that hides its size well. It has a bold grille and muscular, flowing fenders. LED daytime running lights are standard. The optional trim levels include upgrades like 20-inch wheels, LED fog lights and exterior badging.
Interior Style in the 2019 Dodge Charger
The inside of the 2019 Charger continues the sport-oriented theme. There is no wood trim or flashy chrome here. Cloth seat trim is standard along with basic gauges and an adjustable steering wheel. It’s very spacious with plenty of room for five. The layout is simple and easy to use thanks to well labeled buttons and knobs. Features like dual-zone climate control and navigation are optional.
On upgraded trims, the seats are firm and good for long drives. Heated and cooled seats are available along with leather trim. The most costly trims also include suede inserts that look and feel expensive.
There are LATCH connections in the back seat for child safety seats, and bucket seats in the front. The trunk provides 16.5 cubic feet of space, which is enough for five sets of golf clubs, or modest luggage for a family of four.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Dodge Charger?
Dodge is generous when it comes to technology. Every Charger receives at least a 7.0-inch touchscreen display and the Uconnect infotainment system. The system provides an AM/FM radio receiver, Sirius/XM satellite radio and a USB port. Both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are supported, so every Charger has access to phone-based navigation and Internet services. Finally, Bluetooth is supported for hands-free calling.
Optional features include a larger 8.4-inch touchscreen with navigation and a 19-speaker audio system.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Dodge Charger?
The 2019 Charger was awarded five stars for crash safety by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the highest rating. However, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety did not rate the Challenger a Top Safety Pick because of marginal performance in small overlap crash tests.
For added safety, the optional Driver Confidence package includes blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alerts. Several more advanced safety features are available as part of the Technology Group option package:
- Advanced brake assistance.
- Automatic high-beam control
- Full-speed forward collision warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning
- Rain-sensing wipers
What is the 2019 Dodge Charger Like to Drive?
Any version of the Dodge Charger delivers an exciting driving experience. The base V6 engine offers plenty of power for any situation. Optional all-wheel-drive makes the Charger a compelling package if you live in a cold weather climate.
The optional V8 engines offer three different performance levels for enthusiasts. The 5.7-liter Hemi V8 has 370 horsepower and 395 pound-feet of torque. It’s the standard engine in the R/T trim, which makes it an affordable choice for performance.
For increased performance, there’s the 6.4-liter Hemi engine in the Scat Pack trim. With 485 horsepower and 475 pound-feet of torque, it turns the Charger into a serious sport sedan.
For ultimate performance, the Charger Hellcat offers 707 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque from a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V8. The Charger Hellcat will accelerate from 0-60 in just 3.6 seconds, run a quarter-mile in 11 seconds, and hit a top speed of 204 mph.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Dodge Charger?
The 2019 Dodge Charger is a great choice if you’re shopping for a full-size sedan. With a low starting price, you can choose your performance level and still get a great family car. The Charger won’t punish you if you’re on a budget; there are no bad options or stripped-down trim levels.
Buyers in parts of the country with winter weather should strongly consider the all-wheel-drive Charger as an alternative to the Dodge Journey or Durango sport-utility vehicles.
Should I buy a Used 2019 Dodge Charger? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Dodge covers the Charger with a three-year or 36,000-mile warranty. The powertrain is covered for five years or 60,000 miles. In 2015, the Charger added a long list of safety and tech features, so choosing a recent Charger is the best idea. Most Chargers built since 2015 will still have some of their powertrain warranty.
Ask your Dodge dealer about certified pre-owned Chargers. To make it into Dodge’s CPO program, a car must be within five years of new and have less than 75,000 miles. The car must
pass a rigorous inspection and have a clean Carfax report. Cars that qualify have their powertrain warranty extended to seven years or 100,000 miles.
How Much Does the New 2019 Dodge Charger Cost?
The 2019 Dodge Charger starts at $29,220 for a 3.6-liter V6 and rear-wheel-drive. Choosing all-wheel-drive adds $4,100, bringing the base price to $33,320. Moving up to the GT trim adds some interior, exterior, and technology features for $31,564.
The V8 engines start in the R/T trim with a 5.7-liter Hemi for $35,995. The Scat Pack is next, with a 6.4-liter Hemi engine for $39,995. This is another great choice for performance.
Finally, the Charger Hellcat will cost you $67,245. It’s one of the most powerful sedans on the market.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Dodge Charger
- Solid performance from every trim level
- Affordable entry-level price.
- Spacious interior has room for five
- Easy to use technology interface
- Advanced safety equipment costs extra.
- Not the most fuel-efficient full-size sedan
- Doesn’t offer top crash test ratings
The History of the Dodge Charger
The Dodge Charger was first introduced as a mid-size two-door sedan for the 1966 model year, and quickly became a leader in the “muscle car wars” of the late 1960s. Several generations of Charger were produced until the late 1970s. After a brief absence, the Charger returned in 1982 as a compact sports car. Dodge produced this Charger for five years with some success.
The current Charger was reintroduced as a full-size, four-door sport sedan in 2006, and has continued through a major redesign in 2011 and a mid-cycle refresh in 2015. The current Charger is known for its value and performance, with a powerful standard V6 engine and a range of optional V8s.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Dodge Charger
- Body Style
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- 292 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic (850RE)
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic (850RE)
- 50 State Emissions
- Transmission w/AUTOSTICK Sequential Shift Control
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 2.62 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 730CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Touring Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 18.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Short And Long Arm Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 17" x 7.0" Painted Cast Aluminum
- Tires: P215/65R17 Low Rolling Res
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Uconnect 4 w/7" Display
- SiriusXM AM/FM/Satellite w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Voice Activation
- 6 Speakers
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Antenna
- Uconnect w/Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Sport Front Seats
- 8-Way Power Driver Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement and Cushion Tilt
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Transmission Fluid Temp, Engine Hour Meter, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
- Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Illuminated Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front Manual Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Sport Seat
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Remote Engine Start
- Smart Device Integration
- Instrument Panel Bin, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Rear Armrest w/Cupholder Seat
- Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- ParkSense Rear Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- ParkView Back-Up Camera