Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Upscale, attractive appearance
- Features and infotainment apps galore
- Luxurious ride
- Good fuel economy
- Flexible seating with "Stow 'n' Go" second-row seats that easily flip under the floor
- Available hybrid option, netting over 500 miles of highway range
2019 Chrysler Pacifica: Everything You Need to Know
About the Chrysler Pacifica
If we're really honest with ourselves, modern minivans, like the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, are today's best family workhorses. Families don't often need the cliff-climbing ability of a lifted four-wheel-drive SUV, yet they do often need as much interior space as possible. Most don't need huge amounts of horsepower, but they do need comfortable seats for touring and, if possible, they'd appreciate range-extending features like a hybrid drivetrain. And they may not need the latest in suede upholstery, but they do want the latest in safety.
Add up the elements, and the minivan clearly becomes the best platform for serving the needs of medium to large families, and Chrysler, the company that gave birth to the American minivan, still offers a leading contender, the 2019 Pacifica.
But in some circles, minivans have an image problem in an industry that dines on image for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And while the Pacifica is in no uncertain terms a minivan, Chrysler has designed the vehicle’s front end to border on the luxurious, and they've saved some of that luxury for the interior, too. High-quality materials fill the cabin, especially in the top Limited trim. Advanced active safety is on board, too, as is a supremely useable and quickly-learned Uconnect touchscreen infotainment interface, though many of the most desirable features require that Limited trim.
Seated at the wheel, you'd hardly guess that behind you there would be a couple rows of seats and more cargo space than any SUV on the planet. Nor might you suspect that the back rows of seats easily disappear into the floor to create a cavernous, flat van into which whole refrigerators can fit, or 4x8-foot sheets of drywall. Chrysler has done gobs of homework on thoughtful storage solutions and adaptability in interior configuring, and it shows.
The Pacifica is available in six trims levels: L, LX, Touring Plus, Touring L, Touring L Plus and Limited, while the Pacifica Hybrid comes in Touring Plus, Touring L and Limited trims.
What's new about the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica?
Changes to the Chrysler Pacifica for the 2019 model year include:
- Automatic headlights now standard on LX trim level
- Touring L model adds standard heated steering wheel and auto-dimming rearview mirror
- S Appearance package with black interior and exterior accents now available on Hybrid models
- Hybrid Touring L gets premium Alpine audio system and navigation with 8.4-inch display
- Several models now feature new wheel designs
- Two new available exterior colors: Luxury White and Maximum Steel
In addition, for 2019 Chrysler offers a 35th Anniversary Pacifica with three trims levels. Touring L 35th Anniversary models get special paint and details plus memory settings for the driver's seat, eight-passenger seating, rear DVD player and 18-inch wheels. Touring L Plus 35th Anniversary cars add a dual-pane sunroof, while Limited 35th Anniversary vehicles add 20-inch wheels and tires.
What vehicles does the Chrysler Pacifica compete with?
The Chrysler Pacifica compares with these rivals:
Chrysler Pacifica Exterior Design
Chrysler really boosted their game when they last thoroughly redesigned their minivan in 2017. Only minor adjustments have been made since then, partly because the design was so pleasing from the get-go. It's not easy to make what amounts to a two-box form look attractive and nearly luxurious, but Chrysler did it.
Interior Style in the Chrysler Pacifica
With one of the most pleasing interiors in the minivan business, using high-quality materials and an elegant layout of the dash and instruments, the Pacifica extends the upscale feel of the exterior to the inside. While the front seats are very comfortable for short or long hauls, the second-row seats can be sub-par for adults.
The Pacifica's features and options list is long, but the technology and the controls are always user-friendly. The Stow 'n' Go seating, which drops the third-row seats quickly and easily to create a flat floor is the perfect example. (Stow 'n' Go for the second row seats is optional, or standard with up-level trims.) Meanwhile, if you don't stow the seats, it leaves a large, hidden underfloor compartment for storage. The center console and various other bins throughout the cabin provide plenty of other storage, as well. A rear power liftgate is optional.
Some other minivans offer greater total cargo room, although to reach that total capacity, the second-row seats in some rivals must be removed, which can be tricky and awkward. Despite this, the Pacifica offers 32.3 cubic feet of cargo room with all seats up, 87.5 cubic feet with the third row stowed, and 140.5 cubic feet with second and third rows stowed -- still a cavernous cargo hold.
What technology comes in the new Chrysler Pacifica?
The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica has an impressive technology list with a little something for everyone. Standard tech features include:
- Remote keyless entry
- Uconnect infotainment system with a seven-inch touchscreen and voice recognition
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto phone integration
- Bluetooth connectivity
Optional technology includes:
- Remote and push-button starting
- Tri-zone climate control
- Satellite radio
- Either an Alpine audio system with 13 speakers or a 20-speaker Harman Kardon audio package
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear-seat video screen hooked to a DVD player
- Vacuum cleaner
- Navigation system with a larger front touchscreen.
Standard smartphone connectivity features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are always great to see. Minivans are typically thought of as family vehicles, and the Pacifica’s DVD player and rear-seat touchscreens are fantastic for children. Additionally, the built-in vacuum makes it easy to clean up after your kids or your messy friends. The Uconnect infotainment system features an intuitive menu layout and a responsive touch screen that help it stand out from rivals’ systems.
What safety features are included in the new Chrysler Pacifica?
Chrysler makes blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and rear parking sensors standard in the 2019 Pacifica. These other safety features are optional as part of the company’s Advanced SafetyTec Group:
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking: This system detects a car, pedestrian, or bicyclist in your path that's either stationary or far slower-moving. It alerts you with both an audio alarm and a visual warning if the Pacifica might run into the object in front. If you do not brake in time to avoid impact, the car will brake hard for you.
- Adaptive cruise control: Beyond providing normal cruise control function, this system will also adjust the following distance to the next vehicle ahead based on how you've dialed in the distance. If the vehicle ahead slows down, your car keeps pace by slowing you down, as well.
- Lane departure warning: An audio and visual signal will alert you when you come too close to the edge of your lane.
- Lane keeping assist: If you come too too close to the edge of your lane, it will gently steer the vehicle back into the center of the lane.
- Parallel parking assist with automatic braking
- Rain-sensing wipers
The Pacifica has been declared a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and also carries a five-star crash rating by the government's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
What is the new Chrysler Pacifica like to drive?
Held to the standards of the minivan set, the Pacifica performs well, with better than average power from the 3.6-liter, 287-horsepower engine. However, the nine-speed automatic transmission is not always singing from the same song sheet and does not consistently shift when you expect or want. The transmission has been a net minus for the Pacifica since it first launched in 2017 and is overdue for a through reprogramming, but it's certainly not a deal-breaker. The brakes are strong and predictable, and the chassis provides a more-than-adequate balance between handling agility (given that this is a 4,400-pound minivan and not a slot car) and ride comfort. Fuel economy ratings are 19/28/22mpg city/highway/combined.
Meanwhile, the Pacific Hybrid offers slightly less power. Despite having two electric motors running off a 16-kWh lithium-ion battery pack, in addition to the same 3.6-liter V6, the hybrid model tops out at 260 horsepower. Still, it feels no slower overall, and perhaps even quicker off the line and at very low speeds, despite its greater weight of 4,987 pounds. Pure electric driving range is limited to 32 miles, but the combined total driving range on gas and electric power is a long 520 miles.
Should I buy a new Chrysler Pacifica?
The Chrysler Pacifica is a fine choice for medium-to-large families that need maximum cargo space and seating in a conventional package without getting into a truck-like, commercial-class, high-profile van. It's also a great choice for people with several dogs or other pets, as it is easier to climb into than a higher-sitting SUV, and the fully stowing second- and third-row seating makes for a vast collective bed for furry friends.
Should I buy a used Chrysler Pacifica?
You could save several thousand dollars on a used Pacifica versus a new one, as minivan values drop quite heavily in a relatively short time. However, as workhorses, minivan are not always kept in the finest of shape, either mechanically or cosmetically. Buyer beware.
How much does the new Chrysler Pacifica cost?
The base Pacifica L starts at $28,480 (including destination charge, but not any local taxes, fees, or incentives), with the base Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus starting at $41,490 (also including destination, but not any local taxes, fees, or incentives). At the top end, the most expensive Pacifica Hybrid Limited starts at $47,040 (including destination, but not any local taxes, fees, or incentives).
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Chrysler Pacifica
- Upscale, attractive appearance
- Features galore
- Luxurious ride
- Good fuel economy
- Hyper-versatile interior and flexible seating with "Stow 'n' Go" second-row seats
- Available hybrid option, netting over 500 miles of highway range
- Although it's configurable, total cargo space is smaller than rivals
- Second-row seats are meagerly-proportioned for adults and fatiguing on long drives
- Some active safety features are optional
- Shifts can be awkward at times
The History of Chrysler Pacifica: Redefining the Minivan Since 2017
Chrysler is generally credited with inventing the American-made minivan when it introduced the Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager for the 1984 model year. With front-wheel drive, roomy interiors, manageable overall size, and car-like handling, they quickly became a hit, especially with young families and their cargo-carrying needs.
In 2017 the all-new Pacifica minivan debuted, joining the Dodge Grand Caravan in the FCA lineup. Continuing the tradition of a roomy interior combined with good handling, a long list of comfort and convenience features, and an overall size that makes it easy to park, the new Pacifica was very well received. Add in a selection of the latest technology and a fuel-saving hybrid variant and it’s easy to see why the Pacifica holds its own in a competitive market.
Since those first Chrysler minivans appeared on the scene, Chrysler and FCA as a whole have sold 14.6 million minivans throughout the world. That’s twice as many as any other manufacturer since the debut of the Caravan and Voyager 35 years ago. Today, Chrysler and FCA, with the able assistance of the Pacifica, remain the minivan leader with 55 percent market share in 2018.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Chrysler Pacifica
- Body Style
- Passenger Van
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I w/ESS
- 287 hp
- 9-Speed 948TE Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- LCD Monitor
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT UPG I w/ESS
- Transmission: 9-Speed 948TE Automatic
- 3.25 Axle Ratio
- Touring Suspension
- GVWR: 2,747 kgs (6,055 lbs)
- 50 State Emissions
- Transmission w/Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 650CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 180 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Electric Power-Assist Steering
- 19 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Trailing Arm Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 17" x 7.0" Aluminum
- Tires: 235/65R17 BSW AS
- Puncture Sealant & Portable Air Compressor
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Power Sliding Rear Doors
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Halogen Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: Uconnect 4 w/7" Display
- Cargo Space Lights
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- 6 Speakers
- Integrated Roof Antenna
- GPS Antenna Input
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Front Seats w/Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar
- 12-Way Power Driver Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement, Cushion Tilt and Power 4-Way Lumbar Support
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Bucket Folding Captain Front Facing Manual Reclining Tumble Forward Cloth Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft and Stow ft.n Go Manual Fold Into Floor
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests and Rear Seat Mounted Armrest
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Transmission Fluid Temp, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Fixed 60-40 Split-Bench Cloth 3rd Row Seat Front, Manual Recline, Manual Fold Into Floor and 3 Fixed Head Restraints
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Auxiliary Rear Heater and Headliner/Pillar Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Colored Instrument Panel Insert, Colored Door Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Piano Black/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Vinyl Door Trim Insert
- Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Cloth Bucket Seats
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Partial Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage, Conversation Mirror and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Remote Engine Start
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Blind Spot & Rear Cross Path Detection
- Google Android Auto
- USB Host Flip
- Apple CarPlay
- 1st Row Soft Seatback
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Interior Concealed Storage, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Uconnect Access Emergency Sos
- ParkSense with Stop Rear Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- ParkView Back-Up Camera