Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Quiet cabin
- Up to nine-person seating capacity
- Upscale interior materials
- Optional 6.2-liter V8
- Available 10-speed automatic transmission
- Towing up to 8,400 pounds (two-wheel-drive V8)
Chevrolet Tahoe: Everything You Need to Know
About the Chevrolet Tahoe:
The Chevrolet Tahoe is a full-size SUV with seating for up to nine passengers. This is one of the highest non-minivan seating capacities in the industry today. The Tahoe still uses GM’s popular truck foundation dressed up with premium features. The Tahoe is slightly less expensive than its showroom sibling, the Chevy Suburban. It has more towing capability and seating than the Chevy Traverse full-size crossover.
The Tahoe suits larger households looking to cart a crowd and tow toys. It’s built for refined utility and functionality. There’s plenty of cargo room with the third seat folded down.
Chevrolet offers a wide price range on the Tahoe. The starting price is $48,000 and tops out at over $72,000. There are three main trim lines: base LS, mid-level LT, and top-end Premier.
The Max Trailering package and 22-inch wheels are offered on all trims. The Max Trailering offers an electronic two-speed transfer case on four-wheel-drive models. Auto-leveling suspension and a trailer brake controller are also available.
The Z71 off-road package can be added to the LT trim. This comes with special all-terrain tires, side steps, skid plates, and off-road suspension. Hill descent control, electronic two-speed transfer case, front parking sensors, and bespoke cosmetic features add to the Z71 pack.
What’s New in the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe?
There’s little new for the 2019 Tahoe. It is largely unchanged following a significant redesign in 2015. Instead of frequent updates, Chevy unveils special editions, such as an RST version for 2018, to keep the lineup fresh. The RST Edition is an appearance package available on the LT and Premier trims. It features blacked-out wheels and badging. The RST Performance edition is only available on the Premier. This performance version adds a 6.2-liter V8 and the ten-speed automatic transmission. Sport-tuned suspension, a trailer brake controller, and a two-speed transfer case (on four-wheel-drive models) complete the package.
What Does the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe Compete With?
The 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe’s top competitors include:
The Kia and Hyundai SUVs are all-new for 2020. They are car-based and better suited for light off-road use. But they carry seven or eight passengers and offer many of the same features and refinement as the Tahoe at a much lower price.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe The Tahoe enjoys muscular, classic truck styling with premium finishes. The distinctive square front end intimidates. The large, rectangular windows provide plenty of visibility for the driver and passengers.
The Tahoe’s proportions reflect its rear-wheel-drive foundations. Chrome touches, distinct headlamps, and its classic, clean styling stand out on the road.
There are seven exterior colors offered on all 2019 Tahoe versions including Black, Summit White, and three shades of gray. The premium trim is also offered in Siren Red and Iridescent Pearl.
Interior Style in the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe
The interior of the Tahoe is more traditional than competitors. But it’s family friendly. There’s a huge compartment in the middle console big enough to store a handbag, electronics, or a field trip worth of snacks. The top of the console serves as an arm rest and houses the optional wireless charger. This is a convenient spot for nearly all passengers to access.
Remote keyless entry using the key fob to unlock the Tahoe’s doors is standard on the LS and LT. Keyless open is standard on the Premier. This does not require use of the key fob. It means no digging through pockets or handbags for the keys.
There is a manual tilt steering column on the base LS. A manual tilt-and-telescoping version is standard on the LS. The Premier trim comes with a power tilt-and-telescoping steering column. This is a useful function if different drivers are using the vehicle.
The Tahoe has a traditional steering-column mounted gear shifter. There are user-friendly knobs to tune the audio system and cupholders abound. The 8-inch screen is smaller than many of today’s updated interiors.
In the second row, the LATCH system easily accommodates child seats. A manual folding 60/40-split bench seat is standard on the LS. A 40/20/40-split bench optional. Upgrade to the LS or Premier trim for a power second-row 60/40-split folding bench seat. Power second-row bucket or “captain” chairs are available on the LT trim and standard on the Premier.
In the third row, a manual 60/40-split folding bench seat is standard on LS and LT trims. A power version is standard on the Premier. This helps when loading from the tailgate.
The Sun, Entertainment, and Destinations package offers a rear-seat Blu-ray entertainment system and a power sunroof.
Cloth seats in either Jet Black or Cocoa are standard. Available leather seats come in Black, Cocoa/Dune, Cocoa/Mahogany, or Black/Mahogany.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe?
The base 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe LS has Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity standard. An 8-inch color touchscreen manages entertainment and vehicle settings. USB ports, auxiliary jacks, and a 110-volt power outlet connects portable devices. Wireless charging, adaptive cruise control, an 8-inch driver information center, and Bose 10-speaker audio system all require moving up to the pricy Premium trim. As on all GM products, OnStar is standard. There’s an available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot that’s perfect for family entertainment. What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe? The base 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe LS has a LATCH child seat system, seven airbags, daytime running lights, and OnStar. Standard advanced safety features include rear park assist, rear vision camera, and teen driver settings.
Access to even more safety features requires moving up to LT or Premium. Forward collision alert front and rear park assist, and lane change alert are available or standard on LT and Premium. If budget allows, the optional Enhanced Driver Alert package is worth the investment. It has forward collision warning, automatic high beams, lane departure warning, and power-adjustable pedals.
What is the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe Like to Drive?
The 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe provides a quiet, refined cabin. Despite its truck foundation, the Tahoe is comfortable to drive. The high seating position and large windows provide plenty of visibility. Although, the “A” pillar in the front is wide, which may impact visibility for smaller drivers.
The Tahoe is truck-based, which means it has more towing and off-road capability than car-based vehicles. But this added utility affects the driving performance of the Tahoe. The acceleration, even with the V8 engine, is sluggish.
The sheer size of the Tahoe means handling is not nimble. Rough roads do not flatter the rear suspension. But the six-speed automatic shifts smoothly, and the brakes are highly effective.
The Tahoe willingly goes off road, but a low front end and no low-range transfer case standard compromises its performance. Choose the Z71 package for more capability. But ground clearance remains a barrier.
The base Tahoe handles a 6,400 trailer and a 7,300 payload. With two-wheel-drive and the 6.2-liter engine, towing jumps to 8,400 pounds, but payload drops to 7,100 pounds.
Should I Buy a 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe?
The Chevrolet Tahoe is a rare breed. It seats up to nine on a truck foundation. These criteria are difficult to match in the market today. If your lifestyle requires a lot of seats and good towing, this is a good purchase.
Should I Buy a Used Chevrolet Tahoe? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Production of the Tahoe has continued uninterrupted for twenty-five years, so there’s a lot of used ones out there. Stick to 2015 and newer for the current version.
How Much Does the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe Cost?
The 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe starts at $48,000 for the two-wheel-drive LS base model with a 5.3-liter EcoTec V8 engine. The four-wheel-drive version starts at $52,295.
The LT trim is the preferred option for this vehicle. The price jumps to $54,295 but adds a host of features. These include leather seats, a power liftgate, heated front seats, and Bose premium audio. Safety features include Lane Keep Assist, low-speed automatic braking, auto high beams, and forward collision alert. The four-wheel option adds $3,000.
The Premier trim starts at $63,995 for the 5.3-liter and $69,420 for the 6.2-liter, 10-speed automatic. Additional standard features include premium suspension, keyless entry, 12-way adjustable heated and cooled front seats, and 20-inch wheels. Power-release second-row and power-folding third-row seats are standard. This helps access the far rear seats.
Four-wheel-drive adds $3,000, bringing the price to an impressive $72,520 before options.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Quiet cabin
- Premium features
- Excellent towing capability
- Room for up to nine people
- Classic styling, user friendly interior
- Large size makes parking and maneuvering difficult
- High floor makes loading and unloading tough
- Off-road capability is compromised by low ground clearance
- Can quickly get very pricy
The History of the Chevrolet Tahoe: 25 Years of the Chevrolet Tahoe
The Chevrolet Tahoe debuted in 1995, joining the GMC Yukon in the General Motors lineup. It came in two and four-door versions. The Tahoe was promptly named 1996 Truck of the Year by a popular magazine. It is now in its fourth generation.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Body Style
- Sport Utility Vehicle
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Active Fuel Management
- 355 - 420 hp
- 6-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine, 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing includes aluminum block construction (355 hp [265 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 383 lb-ft of torque [518 N-m] @ 4100 rpm)
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode
- Rear axle, 3.08 ratio (Not available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package.)
- Suspension Package, Premium Smooth Ride (Not available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package.)
- GVWR, 7100 lbs. (3221 kg) (Requires 2WD model.)
- E85 FlexFuel capable (Included and only available with Fleet or Government order types.)
- Differential, heavy-duty locking rear
- Rear wheel drive
- Cooling, external engine oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil integral to driver side of radiator
- Cooling, auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil
- Battery, 720 cold-cranking amps with 80 amp hour rating
- Alternator, 150 amps
- Trailering equipment includes trailering hitch platform, 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector and 2" trailering receiver
- Trailer sway control
- Suspension, front coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar
- Suspension, rear multi-link with coil springs
- Steering, power, electric
- Hill Start Assist
- Wheels, 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) aluminum with high-polished finish
- Tires, P265/65R18 all-season, blackwall
- Tire, spare P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall
- Wheel, 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) full-size, steel spare
- Tire carrier, lockable outside spare, winch-type mounted under frame at rear
- Active aero shutters, front
- Fascia, front body-color
- Fascia, rear body-color
- Luggage rack side rails, roof-mounted
- Assist steps, Black (Premier includes chrome accent strip) (Deleted when (RVQ) Assist step kit, Black, LPO or (VXH) Assist step kit, Chrome, LPO are ordered.)
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, manual-folding and color keyed driver mirror includes spotter mirror
- Glass, acoustic, laminated
- Glass, deep-tinted
- Wipers, front intermittent, Rainsense
- Wiper, rear intermittent with washer
- Liftgate, rear manual
- Audio system, 8" diagonal color touch-screen with Chevrolet Infotainment AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; voice-activated technology for radio and phone; and Shop with the ability to browse, select and install apps to your vehicle. You can customize your content with audio, weather and more; featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone; 5 USB ports and 1 auxiliary jack (Includes 2 USB ports when (AZ3) Split-bench front seat is ordered.)
- Audio system feature, single-slot CD/MP3 player
- Audio system feature, 6-speaker system
- SiriusXM Radio enjoy an All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM (Deleted when (UE0) OnStar delete is ordered. IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change.)
- HD Radio (Deleted when (UE0) OnStar delete is ordered.)
- Bluetooth for phone personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (Requires (UE1) OnStar. Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Seats, front bucket, with Premium Cloth passenger seat includes power fore/aft, power recline and power lumbar, 10-way power driver seat includes 6-way power cushion, 2-way power lumbar control and power recline (Includes (AYQ) frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger airbags and (D07) front center console. Upgradeable to (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench seat.)
- Seat trim, cloth
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 6-way power
- Seats, second row 60/40 split-folding bench, manual
- Seat, third row manual 60/40 split-folding bench, fold flat (Deleted when (YL4) Custom Edition or (WK1) Custom Midnight Edition are ordered.)
- Console, floor with storage area, cup holders and auxiliary jack (Not available with (AZ3) 40/20/40 split-bench front seat.)
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
- Floor mats, color-keyed carpeted first and second row, removable
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio and cruise controls includes Driver Information Center controls
- Driver Information Center, 4.2" diagonal multi-color
- Warning tones headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and right-front passenger seat belt unfasten and turn signal on
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection and delayed locking
- Remote Keyless Entry, extended-range
- Remote vehicle start
- Windows, power with Express-Down and Express-Up on front doors and lock out features
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Climate control, tri-zone automatic with individual climate settings for driver, right-front passenger and rear passengers
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Power outlet, 110-volt
- Power outlets, 5 auxiliary, 12-volt includes outlets in the instrument panel, console, back of console, 1 in 3rd row and 1 in cargo area (With (AZ3) 40/20/40 split-bench front seats, the outlet on the back of the console is deleted.)
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Conversation mirror
- Assist handles, 1st row passenger and 2nd row outboard seats
- Lighting, interior with dome light, driver- and passenger-side door switch with delayed entry feature, cargo lights, door handle or Remote Keyless Entry-activated illuminated entry and map lights in front and second seat positions.
- Cargo management system
- Cargo net (Deleted when (YL4) Custom Edition or (WK1) Custom Midnight Edition are ordered.)
- Chevrolet Connected Access capable (Subject to terms. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, VAC power with Brake Assist
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with brake assist, includes traction control
- Daytime Running Lamps, with automatic exterior lamp control
- Teen Driver a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to help encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain available vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Airbags, Frontal airbags for driver and front outboard passenger; Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for driver and front outboard passenger; Driver inboard seat-mounted side-impact airbag; Head-curtain airbags for all rows in outboard seating positions (Not available with (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench seat. Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Front outboard Passenger Sensing System for frontal outboard passenger airbag (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Door locks, rear child security
- OnStar and Chevrolet connected services capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Rear Park Assist with audible warning
- Rear Vision Camera
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), for child restraint seats lower anchors and top tethers located in all second-row seating positions, top tethers located in third row seating positions
- Tire Pressure Monitor System air pressure sensors in each tire with pressure display in Driver Information Center, includes Tire Fill Alert.
- Theft-deterrent system, electrical, unauthorized entry