Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Spacious cabin
- Poised handling
- Optional potent V6 engine
- Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
2019 Chevrolet Impala: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 Chevrolet Impala:
The Chevrolet Impala sits atop the American brand’s lineup as its flagship sedan. It is Chevy’s largest car. The Impala seats five passengers inside a roomy cabin. It boasts one of the largest trunks in its segment.
The Chevrolet Impala is currently in its 10th generation. Today’s larger, modern version debuted twenty years ago. The most recent full redesign was in 2014.
What’s New in the 2019 Chevrolet Impala?
The Chevrolet Impala did not see any significant changes for the 2019 model year. The Impala features a comfortable ride and a roomy cabin at a reasonable price. The 2019 Chevrolet Impala comes in three trims: LS, LT, and Premier.
- LS: The base trim comes with Bluetooth, a trio of USB ports and satellite radio. There’s a six-speaker stereo system, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto. A built-in Wi-Fi hotspot and an 8-inch touch screen complete the standard equipment.
- LT: The mid-range trim adds a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel. Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard.
- Premier: The range-topping Premier trim includes leather seats, heated front seats and navigation. A 120-volt power outlet, Bose surround-sound stereo, and advanced driver assistance are included.
What Does the Chevrolet Impala Compete With?
The Chevrolet Impala competes with large sedans from a host of brands.
Top competitors include:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Chevrolet Impala
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala full-size sedan displays a sculpted body and windswept profile. LED daytime running lamps are standard on LT and Premier. The top-of-the-line Premier trim gets HID headlamps and sporty flourishes. These include 19-inch black-painted wheels, bowtie emblems and blacked-out grille. A rear spoiler and pedal covers complete the look.
Interior Style in the 2019 Chevrolet Impala
The Chevrolet Impala seats five people with plenty of head- and legroom in both rows. It has one of the largest back seats in the segment. That’s good news for taller passengers. The Impala also boasts class-leading cargo room. Almost nineteen cubic feet of trunk space means lots of space for large suitcases.
All models come with cloth upholstery and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Buyers can add leather seats, heated and ventilated front seats, and a power passenger seat. The Impala's 60/40 split-folding second row lies flat to accommodate long items.
The seats are comfortable for long drives but may lack side support. Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on upper trims. Premier models come with a wireless charging pad.
The Impala’s cabin feels sleek and modern. Some cheap-feeling plastic pieces lower overall quality. Some competitors may cost more but display higher quality materials.
The Impala comes in up to nine exterior colors. There are five interior colors to choose from. Access to the full range of colors requires upgrading to the LT trim.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 Chevrolet Impala?
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala comes with a lengthy list of standard technology features. All models come with Bluetooth, satellite radio, three USB ports and built-in Wi-Fi hot spot. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto use the Chevy MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen. The MyLink system is intuitive and responds to commands quickly. The driver may have difficulty reaching the touchscreen. The interface features physical buttons and knobs, too.
Upper trims add:
- An 11-speaker Bose surround-sound system
- A 120-volt power outlet
- Wireless device charging
- Remote start
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Chevrolet Impala?
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala earned high scores in crash tests from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Impala received IIHS’ “Acceptable” rating in the driver-side small overlap front test. This measures a collision’s impact to the front left corner of the car. The Impala scored the lowest rating of Poor for its headlights.
The Impala comes with a rearview camera. Most competitors come equipped with more standard safety equipment.
Optional features include:
- Rear parking sensors
- Blind spot monitoring. This alerts the driver to the presence of cars, pedestrians and bicyclists in the Impala’s blind spot.
- Adaptive Cruise Control. This detects the location of the car in front to regulate speed and maintain a safe distance.
- Forward collision warning.
- Rear cross traffic alert. This detects cars and pedestrians in the car’s path when in reverse.
- Lane departure warning, triggering an audio and visual alert if the car approaches the lane markers.
Many of these features are offered only on the Impala’s LT or Premier trims.
What is the 2019 Chevrolet Impala like to drive?
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala houses a 197-horsepower, four-cylinder engine. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. The four-cylinder engine may feel weak. An optional V6 is standard on the Premium trim. It delivers a hearty 305 horsepower and plenty of verve around town and on the highway. All models are front-wheel drive.
The Impala strives for balance. It supplies a poised, confident ride absorbing road imperfections and blocking wind and tire noise. Like its sporty smaller sibling, the Chevrolet Camaro, the Impala steers with precision. It delivers enough power at highway speed to pass slower-moving cars.
The Chevrolet Impala averages fuel economy of 22 mpg around town and 29 mph on the highway.
Should I Buy a 2019 Chevrolet Impala?
The Chevrolet Impala is an affordable entrant in the flagship sedan segment. It starts at $28,000. Though not as upscale or lively as some rivals, the Impala offers a strong mix of comfort and driving dynamics. It has one of the roomiest cabins and cargo holds in its class. Value-oriented sedan buyers should add the 2019 Chevrolet Impala to their consideration sets.
Should I Buy a Used Chevrolet Impala? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Chevrolet Impala has undergone few major changes since its latest generation debuted for the 2014 model year. Buying a five years old or newer model will save you money without sacrificing too many features. In 2018, a rearview camera, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and MyLink infotainment became standard.
How Much Does the 2019 Chevrolet Impala Cost?
The 2019 Chevrolet Impala LS starts at $28,000, boasting one of the most competitive prices in its class. The mid-range LT trim starts at $30,520. Buyers can upgrade to the V6 engine in the LS base trim or LT mid-range trim for $1,095. A $935 Premier Convenience package adds ventilated front seats and heated steering wheel. A dual-pane sunroof is optional for $1,050. The $1,275 Premier Confidence package includes advanced driver assistance features. These include adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and lane departure warning. Buyers can add a dual-pane sunroof and a rear spoiler for $1,275. Leather upholstery and an eight-way power passenger seat runs $1,195. The range-topping Premier trim begins at $36,720 and can max out in the $40,000s after options.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Chevrolet Impala
- Spacious, comfortable cabin
- Class-leading cargo space
- Powerful optional V6
- Low starting price
- Standard engine feels underpowered
- No standard safety equipment besides rearview camera
- Cabin not as refined as rivals
- Touchscreen can be hard to reach from driver’s seat
The History of the Chevrolet Impala: 61 years of the Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet introduced the Impala nameplate for the 1958 model year. General Motors manufactured the car until 1985, resurrected it from 1994 to 1996. The modern, larger version launched in 1999. It has been in continuous production for 20 years.
The latest Impala debuted at the 2012 New York International Auto Show and went on sale for the 2014 model year. Chevrolet reduced the Impala’s trim levels from four to three in 2018.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Chevrolet Impala
- Body Style
- 3.6L DOHC V6 DI with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) (305 hp [227.4 kW] @ 6800 rpm, 264 lb-ft of torque [356.4 N-m] @ 5200 rpm) (Includes E85 FlexFuel-capable with (FE9) Federal emissions. When ordering (NE1/YF5) Northeast/California emissions for E85 include (NC7) Federal emissions override for Fleet or Government order types only.)
- 305 hp
- 6-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Engine, 3.6L DOHC V6 DI with Variable Valve Timing (VVT) (305 hp [227.4 kW] @ 6800 rpm, 264 lb-ft of torque [356.4 N-m] @ 5200 rpm) (Includes E85 FlexFuel-capable with (FE9) Federal emissions. When ordering (NE1/YF5) Northeast/California emissions for E85 include (NC7) Federal emissions override for Fleet or Government order types only.)
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, electronically-controlled with overdrive
- Axle, 2.77 final drive ratio
- Hill Start Assist
- Front wheel drive
- Battery, 70AH, maintenance free with rundown protection, heavy-duty 512 cold-cranking amps
- Alternator, 150 amps
- Chassis equipment, front strut assembly
- Suspension, rear 4-link
- Steering, power, variable assist, electric
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Exhaust, dual stainless-steel with hidden, turned-down tips
- Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) painted alloy
- Tires, P235/50R18 all-season, blackwall
- Wheel, compact spare, 17" (43.2 cm) steel
- Tire, compact spare, T125/70R17
- Headlamps, halogen
- Headlamp control, automatic on and off
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable manual-folding with integrated turn signal indicators and ground illumination (Body-color mirror caps.)
- Wipers, front intermittent
- Door handles, body-color
- Audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment System with 8" diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; voice-activated technology for radio and phone; featuring Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phone and Shop with the ability to browse, select and install apps to your vehicle. Apps include Pandora, iHeartRadio, The Weather Channel and more
- Audio system feature, 6-speaker system 100-watt
- Audio system feature, 8" diagonal color infotainment display, touch-screen, motorized power up/down with hidden storage and valet password lock
- SiriusXM Radio enjoy an All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change.)
- Bluetooth for phone, streaming audio for music for select phones
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio and cruise controls
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Seats, front bucket
- Seat trim, premium cloth/leatherette
- Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power
- Seat adjuster, front passenger, 4-way manual
- Seat adjuster, driver power lumbar
- Seat adjuster, front passenger power lumbar
- Head restraints, 4-way adjustable, up/down, fore/aft, front
- Seat, rear 60/40 split-folding
- Head restraints, rear, adjustable, folding
- Storage compartment, front, uplevel with cover
- Storage, innovative, hidden behind 8" diagonal touch screen with valet-mode lockable, dedicated umbrella storage in front door and hidden storage in trunk
- Armrest, rear center
- Floor mats, carpeted front
- Floor mats, carpeted rear
- Steering column, manual tilt and telescopic
- Steering wheel, 4-spoke leather-wrapped
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, tachometer, engine temperature and fuel gauge with color Driver Information Center
- Driver Information Center, color display includes trip/fuel information, vehicle information and vehicle messages
- Compass display, located in the Driver Information Center
- Window, power with driver Express-Up and Down
- Windows, power with Express-Down on all
- Brake, park, electronic push button powered located on instrument panel left of steering wheel
- Keyless Open
- Keyless Start
- Remote vehicle starter system includes key fob with button functions for lock, unlock, panic, and remote start
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Trunk release, power located inside on instrument panel left of steering wheel
- Trunk opening touch pad
- Theft-deterrent system
- Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and front passenger
- Vent, rear console, air
- Defogger, rear-window
- Audio system feature, USB port, located in console
- Audio system feature, USB port, located behind radio touch-screen
- Power outlet, 1, auxiliary, 12-volt located inside console
- Power outlet, auxiliary, 12-volt located on rear of console
- Map pockets, driver and front passenger seatbacks
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Assist handles, driver, front passenger and rear outboard
- Lighting, interior with theater dimming, delayed entry/exit, glovebox and trunk
- Shift knob, leather-wrapped
- Chevrolet Connected Access capable (Subject to terms. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Brake Assist, panic
- Brake control, cornering
- StabiliTrak, stability control system
- Traction control
- Daytime Running Lamps, upper and lower auxiliary, LED
- Airbags, 10 total, frontal and knee for driver and front passenger, side-impact seat-mounted and roof rail for front and rear outboard seating positions includes Passenger Sensing System (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Chevrolet connected services capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Rear Vision Camera
- Seat belts, 3-point, all positions
- Seat belt pretensioners, driver and front passenger
- Door and window locks, rear child security, power
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), for child restraint seats
- Tool kit, road emergency