Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Spacious, quiet cabin
- Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Large trunk
- Low starting price
2019 Chevrolet Cruze: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze:
The Chevrolet Cruze is an affordable option in the compact car segment. It comes in a sedan or hatchback body style. The Cruze seats five passengers within a compact footprint.
The compact car provides a smooth, comfortable ride, ample cargo space, and some of the best fuel economy ratings in its class.
What’s New in the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze?
The Chevrolet Cruze received minor styling updates to its front end with new fascia, headlamps, and grille for the 2019 model year. All trims except for the base model come in a sedan or hatchback body style. The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze is available in five trims: L, LS, LT, Diesel, and Premier. The base “L” model is offered in sedan only. It comes with an impressive list of features for the compact car category. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a built-in Wi-Fi hot spot are standard. A rearview camera and Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system complete the package.
The LS comes as a sedan or hatchback. Buyers can opt for the $1,000 LS Convenience package to add features like remote start and cruise control.
The mid-range LT trim comes with automatic climate control, alloy wheels and LED daytime running lights. A 60/40 split-folding rear seat, a rear center armrest with cup holders, and a USB port for the back seat are standard.
The Cruze’s Diesel adds a turbodiesel engine plus an eight-way power driver’s seat. Heated front seats are standard.
The top shelf Premier has a leather-wrapped, heated steering wheel and upgraded suspension. Buyers can add several safety options. These include automatic high beams, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and lane departure warning.
What Does the Chevrolet Cruze Compete With?
The Chevrolet Cruze’s top competitors include other affordable compact cars, such as:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze
The Chevrolet Cruze received updated exterior styling for the 2019 model year. The compact car gets dual-element taillamps. LED lighting is available for the top-of-the-line Premier trim. The RS package is available on the LT and Premier trims. The RS comes with black accents for the car’s window moldings, emblems, and wheels. Elements include a rear spoiler, sport rear suspension, and larger machined wheels.
The Cruze is available in at least ten exterior colors.
Interior Style in the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze
The Chevrolet Cruze seats five adults on standard cloth upholstery. Buyers can swap the cloth for leatherette. A power driver’s seat, heated front seats, and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat are available. Both rows feature ample legroom. However, the sloping roofline can cramp headroom in the rear. The cabin features comfortable seats and soft-touch materials. A well-appointed dashboard layout features a 7-inch touch screen for the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system. The sedan and hatchback provide plenty of cargo space compared with rivals in the compact segment. The hatchback boasts 22.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats. With the seats folded down, cargo expands to 47.2 cubic feet. The sedan’s trunk measures 14.8 cubic feet for L and LS models and 13.9 cubic feet for LT and Premier trims. There are several interior color options for the Cruze including jet black leatherette for the diesel trim.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze?
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze comes with a long list of standard technology features. All models come with Bluetooth, dual USB ports, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. A Wi-Fi hot spot, and Chevrolet MyLink infotainment with a 7-inch touch screen are standard. The user-friendly touchscreen uses redundant knobs. These provide the driver and front seat passenger with multiple methods for controlling MyLink.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze?
The Chevrolet Cruze earned high scores from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in crash tests. A rearview camera and Chevrolet’s Teen Driver Assist are standard. This allows owners to control speed and volume for secondary drivers. All trims starting with the LT can be outfitted with the Driver Confidence and Driver Confidence II packages. This adds active safety features including:
- Rear parking sensors
- Blind spot monitoring alerts the driver to the presence of cars, pedestrians and bicyclists in the Cruze’s blind spot.
- Rear cross traffic alert detects cars and pedestrians in the car’s path when in reverse.
- Lane departure warning triggers an audio and visual alert if the car approaches the lane markers.
- Lane keep assist gently nudges the car back into the center of the lane.
- Automatic high beams engage low or high beams based on driving conditions.
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
What is the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze like to drive?
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze is powered by a 153-horsepower, turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine. It is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. An optional turbodiesel engine produces 137 horsepower paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Seats are comfortable with plenty of legroom for adults in either row. Taller adults may feel cramped in the back row due to the Cruze’s sloping roofline.
The compact car provides a smooth ride with ample power at highway speeds. The steering feels responsive with poised handling, even over bumpy surfaces. The Cruze navigates tight turns and winding roads with aplomb. However, it can feel slow to accelerate, especially when compared with sportier compact cars like the Mazda Mazda3.
Should I Buy a 2019 Chevrolet Cruze?
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze appeals to compact car shoppers looking for the technology and safety at a fair price. Changes for the 2019 model year include new exterior styling and an optional hatchback body style for all trims besides the base model. However, a brand new Cruze model may not serve many buyers. Chevrolet canceled wireless charging, navigation, and an 8-inch touch screen options for 2019 model year. A manual transmission is discontinued.
Should I buy a Used Chevrolet Cruze? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Buyers wanting an updated Chevrolet Cruze but don’t want to shell out money for a new car should consider used models made after the Cruze’s 2016 redesign. The 2017 model year added options for a diesel engine and a hatchback version. The Teen Driver system was added as a standard feature in 2017. This allows owners to control the speed and volume of the Cruze. Chevrolet began making a hatchback Cruze with a diesel engine in 2018.
Chevrolet discontinued several optional features for the 2019 model year. These include wireless charging, navigation, an 8-inch touch screen, and a manual transmission. Buyers may actually get more for their money if they choose a slightly used model.
How Much Does the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Cost?
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze sedan starts at $18,870, reasonable for the compact car segment. The LS trim begins at $19,995 for the sedan and $20,495 for the hatchback. Mid-range LT models start at $22,595 and $22,995 for sedan and hatchback models, respectively. Diesel versions start between $26,495 and $26,995. The range-topping Premier trim starts at $24,395.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Optional diesel engine
- Low starting price
- Spacious trunk
- Lots of legroom
- Lackluster acceleration
- Optional larger touchscreen discontinued
- Cramped headroom in back row
- No wireless charging
The History of the Chevrolet Cruze: 11 years of the Chevrolet Cruze
Chevrolet introduced the Chevrolet Cruze compact car in 2008. A second generation debuted at the North American International Auto Show in 2016.
Over the years, the manufacturer introduced a hatchback body style for various trim levels and added or discontinued certain features.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze
- Body Style
- 1.4L turbo DOHC 4-cylinder DI with Continuous Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) (153 hp [114.08 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 177 lb-ft of torque [239 N-m] @ 2000-4000 rpm)
- 153 hp
- 6-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Engine, 1.4L turbo DOHC 4-cylinder DI with Continuous Variable Valve Timing (CVVT) (153 hp [114.08 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 177 lb-ft of torque [239 N-m] @ 2000-4000 rpm)
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic
- Engine control, stop-start system
- Engine control, stop-start system override
- Axle, 3.14 ratio
- Front wheel drive
- Coolant protection, engine
- Battery, 80AH
- Alternator, 130 amps
- Suspension, front MacPherson strut
- Suspension, rear, compound crank
- Steering, power, electric rack-mounted
- Brakes, 4-wheel disc, 4-wheel antilock, Duralife rotors, power
- Brake lining, high-performance, noise and dust performance
- Brake, parking, manual, foot apply
- Wheels, 15" (38.1 cm) steel with full bolt-on wheel covers
- Tires, 195/65R15 all-season, blackwall
- Wheel, spare, none
- Tire sealant and inflator kit
- Tire, spare, none
- Moldings, Black beltline
- Headlamps, halogen twin reflectors with automatic on/off and delay
- Glass, solar absorbing
- Windshield, solar absorbing
- Mirrors, outside power-adjustable, manual-folding
- Wipers, front intermittent, variable
- Door handles, body-color
- Audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system 7" diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo. Additional features for compatible phones include: Bluetooth audio streaming for 2 active devices, voice command pass-through to phone, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable.
- Audio system feature, 4-speaker system
- Chevrolet 4G LTE and available built-in Wi-Fi hotspot offers a fast and reliable Internet connection for up to 7 devices; includes data trial for 1 month or 3GB (whichever comes first) (Available Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.)
- Bluetooth for phone
- USB ports, 2, with auxiliary input jack, front
- Antenna, integral rear window
- Seats, front bucket with reclining seatbacks and adjustable head restraints
- Seat trim, cloth
- Seat adjuster, driver 6-way manual
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 2-way manual
- Head restraints, 2-way adjustable, front
- Seat, rear, folding
- Console, floor, with armrest
- Steering column, manual tilt and telescopic
- Steering wheel, 3-spoke
- Driver Information Center, monochromatic display (Does not include compass display.)
- Instrumentation, analog with mph speedometer
- Tire Pressure Display
- Oil life monitoring system
- Warning tones, driver and front passenger seat belts
- Windows, power with Express-Down
- Door locks, power
- Key, primary foldable, additional foldable
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Trunk release, power, remote
- Engine immobilizer, theft-deterrent system
- Theft-deterrent system, unauthorized entry
- Remote panic alarm
- Air conditioning, single-zone electronic, includes air filter
- Sensor, cabin humidity
- Rear air ducts, floor mounted
- Defogger, rear-window, electric
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Visors, driver and front passenger vanity mirrors
- Lighting, interior, overhead courtesy lamp
- Lighting, interior, roof, rear courtesy
- Lighting, interior, trunk/cargo area
- StabiliTrak, stability control system
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Airbags, 10 total frontal and knee for driver and front passenger, side-impact seat-mounted and roof rail for front and rear outboard seating positions, includes Passenger Sensing System (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Chevrolet connected services capable (Fleet orders receive a 3-month trial. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model.)
- Chevrolet Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity which enables services such as, Vehicle Diagnostics, Dealer Maintenance Notification, Chevrolet Smart Driver, Marketplace and more (Limitations apply. Not transferable. Standard connectivity available to original purchaser for ten years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year 2018 or newer Chevrolet vehicles. See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Connected Access does not include emergency or security services. Availability and additional services enabled by Connected Access are subject to change.)
- Rear Vision Camera
- Teen Driver mode configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Seat belts, front pretensioner
- Seat belts, 3-point, rear center position
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), for child restraint seats
- Tire Pressure Monitor