Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Optional potent twin-turbo V6
- Large trunk
- Roomy cabin
- Low starting price
Cadillac XTS: Everything You Need to Know
About the Cadillac XTS:
The Cadillac XTS is a full-size luxury sedan. Its name is an abbreviation for X-Series Touring Sedan.
The five-passenger car features a roomy cabin, class-leading trunk space, and an optional potent twin-turbocharged V6 engine. It’s available in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
What’s New in the 2019 Cadillac XTS?
The Cadillac XTS carries forward unchanged for the 2019 model year. It comes in five trims: XTS, Luxury, Premium Luxury, Platinum, and V-Sport Platinum.
- XTS: Base model includes leather upholstery, dual-zone automatic climate control, power-adjustable front seats, 19-inch alloy wheels, dual USB ports, an infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen, wireless device charging, Bluetooth, an eight-speaker Bose sound system, satellite radio, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity, and a Wi-Fi hot spot. The base XTS is the only trim that does not offer all-wheel drive.
- Luxury: Adds heated and ventilated front seats, wood trim, a heated steering wheel, rain-sensing windshield wipers, navigation, and automatic parking assist.
- Premium Luxury: Comes standard with General Motors’ Magnetic Ride Control suspension, a 14-speaker Bose surround sound system, a head-up display, tri-zone automatic climate control, adaptive headlights, and larger alloy wheels.
- Platinum: Features semi-aniline leather upholstery, 22-way power-adjustable massaging front seats, a sunroof, and the Driver Assist package of advanced safety features.
- V-Sport Platinum: Top-of-the-line trim gets a 410-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6 and all-wheel drive.
Exterior colors for the 2019 Cadillac XTS include Radiant Silver Metallic, Crystal White, Black Raven, Phantom Gray, Dark Adriatic Blue, Bronze Dune, Stone Gray, Red Horizon, and Stellar Black.
What Does the Cadillac XTS Compete With?
Cadillac XTS’s top competitors include:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Cadillac XTS
The 2019 XTS is a large, four-door car consistent with the Cadillac look and feel. The XTS received a midcycle refresh to its front and rear styling for the 2018 model year. The makeover included changes to its grille, front and rear fascias, and fenders, as well as to its headlights, taillamps and wheels.
All models come with standard 19-inch alloy wheels. Larger alloy wheels are available on the Premium Luxury trim.
Interior Style in the 2019 Cadillac XTS
The 2019 Cadillac XTS sedan seats five passengers on standard leather upholstery. All models come equipped with dual-zone automatic climate control and power-adjustable front seats. Optional cabin comforts include heated and ventilated front seats, 22-way power-adjustable massaging front seats, a heated steering wheel, and semi-aniline leather seats.
The XTS boasts one of the roomiest cabins in its class, with plenty of head- and legroom for adults in both rows. Its trunk measures 18 cubic feet, which is larger than European rivals. Cadillac uses premium, soft-touch materials throughout the cabin. The seats are well-padded and comfortable. However, most of the XTS’ competitors provide a more upscale feel.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Cadillac XTS?
The 2019 XTS comes standard with:
- Dual USB ports.
- Satellite radio.
- Eight-speaker Bose sound system.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity.
- Cadillac CUE infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen.
- Wireless device charging and built-in Wi-Fi hot spot.
A navigation system and a 14-speaker Bose audio system are available. Buyers should note that the infotainment system’s touch screen is crisp and responsive but can be complicated to learn.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Cadillac XTS?
The 2019 Cadillac XTS received top scores in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash tests. All models come with a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, and GM’s Teen Driver feature that allows owners to set limits on speed and volume.
Optional safety equipment includes:
- Forward collision warning.
- Automatic emergency braking.
- Reverse automatic braking.
- Lane keep assist.
- Lane departure warning.
- Blind spot monitoring.
- Rear cross traffic alert.
- A surround-view parking camera.
- Front parking sensors.
- Automatic park assist.
- Adaptive headlights.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- A head-up display.
- Safety alert seat, which vibrates to signal warnings when a safety system is triggered.
What is the 2019 Cadillac XTS Like to Drive?
The 2019 Cadillac XTS is powered by a 304-horsepower, 3.6-liter V6. The standard engine provides plenty of power for daily driving around town and on the highway. The V-Sport trim’s 410-horsepower, twin-turbo V6 offers greater acceleration and comes with all-wheel drive. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard.
The large sedan provides a smooth, comfortable ride over most surfaces. An optional Magnetic Ride Control adaptive suspension further improves the ride quality. Though it is not an athletic car, the XTS handles smoothly around corners.
Should I Buy a 2019 Cadillac XTS?
The 2019 XTS is a large luxury sedan with a lower starting price than many of its rivals. It may not provide as sporty a ride as competing models from Audi, Mercedes-Benz, or BMW. However, it offers a smooth drive with plenty of power. Buyers seeking a comfortable car with plenty of space to store suitcases or shopping bags should consider the XTS.
Should I buy a Used Cadillac XTS? Are There Any I Should Avoid? The Cadillac XTS received its most recent redesign in 2013, so used models will offer the same look and drive for a lower price. Cadillac introduced the V-Sport model’s high-performance V6 in 2014. The XTS received Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration in 2016. The Teen Driver safety feature started in 2017. Cadillac refreshed the sedan’s exterior styling and seating for the 2018 model year.
How Much Does the 2019 Cadillac XTS Cost?
The 2019 Cadillac XTS starts at $46,895. It is one of the lowest prices in its segment. For an additional $2,000, buyers can add all-wheel drive to any trim except for the base model.
The 2019 XTS Luxury begins at $50,895. An $1,800 Driver Awareness package adds several advanced driver assistance features.
The XTS Premium Luxury and Platinum trims start at $57,295 and $66,195, respectively. The $1,100 Driver Assist package adds adaptive cruise control and forward and reverse automatic braking to the suite of safety equipment.
The range-topping XTS V-Sport Platinum trim starts at $72,995. It includes a potent twin-turbo V6 engine that delivers performance comparable to some of the XTS’ sportier rivals from Germany and Japan.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Cadillac XTS
- Above-average trunk space
- Affordable starting price
- Powerful optional twin-turbo V6
- Standard wireless charging and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
- Base engine weaker than rivals’
- Cabin feels less luxurious than competitors’
- Not sporty
- Must upgrade to top trim for optional V6
The History of the Cadillac XTS: Six Years of the Cadillac XTS
The XTS is the largest four-door car in Cadillac’s portfolio. Short for X-Series Touring Sedan, the Cadillac XTS launched in 2012. The car is still in its first generation.
The Cadillac XTS is built at General Motors’ Oshawa Assembly Plant in Ontario, Canada. It shares a platform with the Chevrolet Impala and Buick LaCrosse, sedans from GM’s sibling brands. It is based on the XTS Platinum Concept GM unveiled at the 2010 North American International Auto Show.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Cadillac XTS
- Body Style
- 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT (304 hp [227 kW] @ 6800 rpm, 264 lb-ft of torque [358 N-m] @ 5300 rpm)
- 304 hp
- 6-speed automatic electronically controlled
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Tinted Glass
- Livery Package includes Professional Vehicle Protection Plan
- Engine, 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT (304 hp [227 kW] @ 6800 rpm, 264 lb-ft of torque [358 N-m] @ 5300 rpm)
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic electronically controlled
- Transmission oil cooler
- Drivetrain, front-wheel drive
- Battery, maintenance free with rundown protection
- Alternator, 170 amps
- Suspension, front, HiPer Strut
- Suspension, rear, independent linked H-arm
- Magnetic Ride Control, dual-mode
- Automatic level control, rear air springs
- Steering, power, variable assist, electric
- Axle, 2.77 final drive ratio
- Brakes, front Brembo, antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Brakes, DuraLife rotors
- Brake, parking, electronic
- Exhaust, dual stainless-steel with hidden, turned-down tips
- Wheels, 19" (48.3 cm) 10-spoke alloy with Chrome inserts/Pearl Nickel finish
- Tires, 245/45R19 all-season, blackwall
- Wheel, 18" x 4" (45.7 cm x 10.2 cm) aluminum spare
- Tire, compact spare, T135/70R18, blackwall
- Moldings, bodyside
- Grille, Special
- Headlamps, LED
- Lamp, LED center high-mounted stop/brake (CHMSL)
- Tail lamps, LED illumination
- Glass, Solar-Ray, light-tinted
- Glass, laminated front-side, theft-deterrent
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, manual folding, body-color with turn signal indicators and puddle lamps (Upgradeable to (DNV) outside heated, power-adjustable and auto-dimming mirrors when (PCK) Luxury Level One Package is ordered.)
- Wipers, front intermittent, structureless blades
- Door handles, illuminating
- Capless fuel fill
- Cadillac user experience AM/FM stereo with 8" diagonal color information display, one type A and one type C full function USBs, personalized profiles for each driver's settings, Natural Voice Recognition, Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, Connected Apps and Teen Driver (Includes (UQA) Bose premium 8-speaker system.)
- Audio system feature, Bose premium 8-speaker system with amplifier
- SiriusXM Radio Enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the app and online is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.)
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Wireless Charging (The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. Some phones have built in wireless charging technology others require a special adaptor/back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see my.cadillac.com/learn or consult your carrier.)
- Cadillac 4G LTE and available built-in Wi-Fi hotspot offers a fast and reliable Internet connection for up to 7 devices; includes data trial for 3 months or 3GB (whichever comes first) (Available Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.)
- Antenna, roof-mounted
- Seats, front bucket, 8-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters with 4 way manual head restraint adjust
- Seat trim, mini-perforated inserts, leather seating surfaces
- Seat adjuster, driver 4-way power lumbar control
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 4-way power lumbar control
- Seat, rear 60/40 split-folding, with lockable rear pass-through
- Headrests, rear, outboard seats, adjustable
- Console, center with storage bins storage tray, dual hidden cup holders, USB ports and auxiliary jack
- Armrest, center, rear with pass-thru dual cup holders and storage
- Armrest, rear seat includes redundant radio controls
- Floor mats, carpeted front
- Floor mats, carpeted rear
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with wood accents includes tap-up/tap-down controls for audio, cruise, phone and voice recognition
- Steering column, power rake and telescoping
- Gauge cluster includes color Driver Information Center
- Windows, power, all 4 with Express-Up/Down includes rear passenger lockout
- Retained accessory power audio system, mirrors, power windows, sunroof and climate control remain operational after ignition is switched off for 10 minutes or until a door is opened
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection
- Keyless Access, passive entry
- Keyless Start, push button
- Adaptive Remote Start
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Trunk release, power
- Theft-deterrent system, unauthorized entry
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle with immobilizer
- Remote panic alarm
- Climate control, dual-zone automatic with individual climate settings for driver and front passenger (Upgradeable to (CJ4) tri-zone automatic climate control when (PCM) Rear Seat Comfort Package is ordered.)
- Sensor, automatic air circulation/air quality
- Defogger, rear-window, electric with heated outside rearview mirrors
- Wood trim includes real wood on steering wheel and console (Requires (AFA) or (AFB) interior trim.)
- Glovebox, electronic push-button opening
- Map pockets, front and rear doors and front seatbacks
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
- Headliner, sueded microfiber including sail panels and pillars
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Lighting, illuminated entry and courtesy
- Convenience net, trunk
- Brake Assist designed to assist the driver in stopping or decreasing vehicle speed
- StabiliTrak, electronic stability control system
- Traction control, all-speed brake and engine controlled
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Rear Vision Camera (Upgradeable to (UVH) Surround Vision when (PCW) Driver Awareness Package is ordered.)
- Airbags, dual-stage frontal, knee and seat-mounted side-impact for driver and front passenger; seat-mounted side-impact for rear outboard passengers; head-curtain for all outboard seating positions with rollover protection (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System, sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (Fleet orders receive a 3-month trial. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model.)
- Cadillac Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity which enables services such as, Vehicle Diagnostics, Dealer Maintenance Notification, Cadillac Smart Driver, Marketplace and more (Limitations apply. Not transferable. Standard connectivity available to original purchaser for ten years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year 2018 or newer Cadillac vehicles. See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Connected Access does not include emergency or security services. Availability and additional services enabled by Connected Access are subject to change.)
- Seat belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger includes seat belt pretensioners
- Seat belts, 3-point, rear, all seating positions with outboard comfort guides
- Door locks, rear child security
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Professional Vehicle Protection Plan (PVPP), 3-year/150,000 mile extended service agreement (Runs concurrently with the 4-year/50,000 mile warranty. See your Cadillac dealer for terms and conditions.)