Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Good power
- Upscale interior
- Attractive styling
- Practical for family use
Cadillac XT5: Everything You Need to Know
About the Cadillac XT5:
The Cadillac XT5 is a five-passenger mid-size SUV. It has been on sale since 2017. The XT5 replaced the popular Cadillac SRX crossover. It is a strong seller for the luxury brand, thanks to its useful size and good looks.
The Cadillac XT5 is practical, comfortable, and offers a long list of luxury features.
What’s New in the 2019 Cadillac XT5?
New in 2017, the 2019 Cadillac XT5 does not receive any major updates.
All versions of the Cadillac XT5 come with a 3.6-liter V6 engine. It produces 310 horsepower and 271 pound-feet of torque. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard. All-wheel drive can be ordered as an option.
Fuel economy for the Cadillac XT5 is listed at 19-mpg city and 26-mpg highway. All-wheel drive models subtract 1-mpg from each measure.
What Does the 2019 Cadillac XT5 Compete With?
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 competes with the following SUVs:
The most popular version of the 2019 Cadillac XT5 is the Luxury trim. It sits one step above the base model. The Luxury trim adds heated leather seats, a heated steering wheel, and a panoramic sunroof. It also includes extra safety equipment that was optional in previous model years.
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 appeals to families seeking a luxurious daily driver that also has a practical side.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Cadillac XT5
The Cadillac XT5 has some of the most distinctive styling in its class. The XT5 combines unique design with a comfortably conservative personality. It's a lot less extroverted than some of its rivals. Overall, the XT5 provides an attractive package highlighted by eye-catching exterior lighting in front and rear.
The entry-level Cadillac XT5 comes with LED running lights, 18-inch wheels, and a power liftgate. The Luxury trim adds power folding side mirrors, and a panoramic sunroof. LED headlights are available as an option. The Premium Luxury trim steps up to 20-inch wheels, while the XT5 Platinum gets its own 20-inch wheel design, as well as a hands-free function for the tailgate.
Interior Style in the 2019 Cadillac XT5
There's a lot to like about the 2019 Cadillac XT5's cabin. Especially in higher trim levels. Cadillac has made an effort to cover almost every surface with soft-touch materials. Even the dashboard and door panels can be covered leather and wood trim. The steering wheel There’s even a handsome wood inlay available for the steering wheel. The result is a detailed, pleasant environment.
There are a few ergonomic missteps inside the Cadillac XT5. The CUE infotainment system uses a touch slider instead of a knob for volume. This is hard to use with precision. Drivers can use steering wheel volume buttons instead. Some drivers may also be put off by the touch controls for the climate system.
Then there's the shifter. Cadillac requires drivers shift up and to the left to find reverse. This is counter to simply shifting up as in most other vehicles. It can be disorienting, and lead to the transmission occasionally being moved to neutral instead.
The front seats in the Cadillac XT5 are comfortable. Leather isn't offered in the base model, but becomes available on higher trims. The cockpit feels cozy around the two forward passengers. It also remains quiet at higher speeds.
The back seats are quite accommodating. They slide and recline, and LATCH anchors for child safety seats are provided. Fold the rear row forward and there's enough room to haul a bicycle. It's not the largest cargo area in its class, but it's certainly useful.
Even with the rear seats in place the XT5 can carry a fair amount of luggage. Up front there's not quite as much storage space for smaller items. Cadillac did enlarge the wireless charging tray for mobile phones this year.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Cadillac XT5?
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 delivers an impressive level of technology. The company has worked to improve its infotainment options in recent years, and it shows.
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 comes standard with:
- Parking assistance.
- 4-LTE Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
- OnStar telematics.
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 is available with the following optional tech and convenience features:
- Wireless phone charging.
- Surround sound audio.
- Three zones of automatic climate control.
- Head-up display.
- Surround-view camera system.
- Rear camera mirror system.
- Automatic parking.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Cadillac XT5?
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 does not offer any advanced safety features as standard equipment. That's a little hard to swallow from a luxury model. Less expensive SUVs are often filled with no-charge safety systems.
Active safety features are only available on the Luxury trim and above. Even then, the Premium Luxury trim still requires an optional package to further upgrade its safety.
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 can be had with the following safety options:
- Forward collision warning with automatic braking. This system scans the road ahead and can stop the vehicle in an emergency if necessary.
- Reverse automatic braking. A similar system to the one above, only this time at low speeds.
- Lane departure warning and lane keeping assistance. A feature that alerts you if the SUV leaves its lane, and which can also steer it back between the lines.
- Adaptive cruise control. This system maintains a safe distance between the vehicle and traffic ahead.
- Blind spot monitoring. A feature that watches each side of the SUV for unseen traffic.
What is the 2019 Cadillac XT5 Like to Drive?
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 prioritizes a comfortable and smooth ride above all else. Both its standard and adaptive suspension systems do a good job of filtering out rough roads. Still, the SUV never feels floaty or disconnected from the asphalt. It may not offer sporty handling, but that's a non-issue for the majority of buyers.
Power is good from the standard V6 engine, and passing is never a problem. Most of its competitors offer at least one other engine option, however. The vehicle's all-wheel drive system delivers excellent grip. Strangely, it can be switched on and off. This is unusual in its class. We would prefer an always-on system so we don't have to double-check for traction in the middle of a snow storm.
The Cadillac XT5 is supremely composed on longer trips, and feels well-insulated from the world around it when stuck in traffic. It's an oasis for shuttling family to and from all of life's various commitments. One item we would add is a button that defeats the automatic engine start/stop system.
Should I Buy a 2019 Cadillac XT5?
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 represents a strong mix of luxury, style, and practicality. It's one of the best five-passenger premium SUVs available, which makes it easy to recommend. Top tier trims are expensive, however, so stick with the middle level.
Should I buy a Used Cadillac XT5?
The Cadillac XT5 has only been on sale for a short time. We have no qualms recommending a used model. Keep in mind that older trim levels of the SUV may not have the same safety features available.
How Much Does the 2019 Cadillac XT5 Cost?
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 starts at $42,690. All-wheel drive Platinum models can approach $70,000 when loaded with options.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Cadillac XT5
- Comfortable ride
- Good power
- Practical utility
- Strong safety, if you're willing to pay for it
- No standard active safety equipment
- Only one engine option
- Shifter is awkward
- Touch slider instead of volume knob
The History of the Cadillac XT5: 3 years of XT5
The Cadillac XT5 first arrived as a 2017 model. It served as a significantly modernized replacement for the popular, and long-standing Cadillac SRX SUV. It is now Cadillac's primary family-oriented sport-utility vehicle.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Cadillac XT5
- Body Style
- Sport Utility Vehicle
- 2.0L Turbo
- 237 - 310 hp
- 9-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Tinted Glass
- Engine, 2.0L Turbo, 4-cylinder, SIDI with Automatic Stop/Start
- Transmission, 9-speed automatic
- Automatic Stop/Start, with disable
- Electronic Precision Shift
- Front-wheel drive
- Alternator, 170 amps
- Suspension, 4-wheel independent
- Steering, Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist
- Brakes, active control
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel vented disc
- Electric Parking Brake
- Capless fuel fill
- Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) Multi-Spoke alloy with Bright Silver finish
- Tires, P235/65R18 all-season, H-rated, blackwall (Upgradeable to (QNU) P235/55R20 all-season tires when one of the LPO wheels are ordered.)
- Tire Inflator Kit (Deleted when (ZCD) compact spare tire is ordered.)
- Roof rails, bright brushed aluminum
- Spoiler, rear
- Active aero shutters, upper and lower
- Headlamps, automatic on/off
- Headlamps, LED
- IntelliBeam, automatic high beam on/off
- Lamps, front park and cornering
- Lamp, rear side marker taillamp
- Glass, deep-tinted (all windows, except light-tinted glass on windshield)
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding with integrated turn signal indicators
- Windshield, acoustic laminated, windshield and front door glass
- Wipers, front intermittent
- Wiper, rear intermittent with washer
- Door handles, body-color with chrome strip
- Liftgate, rear power with programmable memory height
- Cadillac user experience, AM/FM stereo with 8" diagonal color information display, 4 USBs, 2 auxiliary power outlets, personalized profiles for each driver's settings, Natural Voice Recognition, Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, NFC (Near Field Communications) mobile device pairing, Connected Apps and Teen Driver
- Antenna, roof-mounted
- SiriusXM with 360L Equipped with SiriusXM with 360L. Enjoy a trial subscription of the All Access package for the full 360L experience, with a greater variety of SiriusXM content, a more personalized experience and easier navigation. With the All Access package, you can also enjoy your favorites everywhere you go, with the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change. GM connected vehicle services vary by vehicle model and require active service plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal. See onstar.com for details and limitations.)
- Audio system feature, Bose premium 8-speaker system
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Seats, front bucket includes 8-way power driver seat adjuster
- Seat trim, Leatherette seating surfaces
- Seat adjuster, front passenger, 6-way power
- Seats, heated driver and front passenger
- Seat, second row, 60/40 sliding and reclining with cargo area fold-down release
- Floor mats, carpeted front and rear
- Steering column, power tilt and telescoping
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Adaptive Remote Start
- Compass display
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Door locks, power programmable includes lockout protection and delayed locking
- Gauge cluster, dual Driver Information Center display includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Keyless Access, passive entry
- Sensor, cabin humidity
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
- Windows, power front express-up and down rear express-down and comfort open (auto express down via key fob)
- USB ports, 4 total, full function one type A and one type C (center console bin underneath armrest and rear seat, back of console) and (2) auxiliary power outlets (12V) below console in pass-through area and cargo area
- Climate control, dual-zone automatic with individual climate settings for driver and front passenger
- Air filter, cabin, particulate system
- Air vents, rear
- Defogger, rear-window electric with front and side window outlets for the driver and right-front passenger
- Glovebox, lockable
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Cadillac Connected Access capable (Subject to terms. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Traction control, full-range, powertrain and brake modulated
- Daytime Running Lamps, LED
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Airbags, dual-stage frontal and seat-mounted side-impact for driver and front passenger; knee for driver; head-curtain for all outboard seating positions with rollover protection (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Following Distance Indicator
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Safety Alert Seat
- Door locks, rear child security
- Teen Driver a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to help encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain available vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Switch, Drivesense system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Horn, dual note tone