Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Sleek design
- Competitive drivetrain
- Comfort and spacious
- Available 3,500-pound towing capacity
- Full array of safety features
Cadillac XT4: Everything You Need to Know
About the Cadillac XT4:
The Cadillac XT4 is a subcompact crossover SUV that joined the automaker’s lineup for the 2019 model year. The five-passenger XT4 sits just beneath the Cadillac XT5.
The XT4 is a good option for car shoppers who are looking for comfort with occasional utility in a smaller overall package.
What’s New in the 2019 Cadillac XT4?
The 2019 Cadillac XT4 is an all-new nameplate. Cadillac also debuts its new “Y” model strategy with the XT4. Instead of offering several ascending trim packages, Cadillac vehicles start from a “base” Luxury model and branch out toward a Premium Luxury or Sport model. This structure will apply to the Cadillac brand globally.
Other Cadillac firsts appearing in the XT4 include a rotary command controller and electro-hydraulic braking assist. The former enhances the multimedia user experience; the latter improves fuel economy.
All XT4 models are equipped with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine. It uses an industry-first tri-power system with three operating modes to optimize performance without sacrificing efficiency. Its output is 237 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.
Paired with a nine-speed automatic, all XT4 models come with a drive-mode selector. Front-wheel drive models feature Touring, Snow/Ice, and Sport. All-wheel drive XT4s offer Touring, All-Wheel Drive, and Sport, with the vehicle being in active all-wheel-drive in all but the Touring mode.
Fuel economy for the 2019 XT4 is an EPA-rated 24 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 26 mpg combined for front-wheel drive models. All-wheel drive vehicles are estimated at 22/29/26 mpg. Premium octane fuel is recommended.
The all-new XT4 also features:
- Cadillac User Experience (CUE) with 8.0-inch touchscreen display.
- Built-in 4G LTE hotspot with complimentary three-month service.
- Power-adjustable front seats including lumbar controls.
- 4.2-inch driver information cluster.
- Remote start.
- Automatic engine start/stop.
- Available power liftgate.
- Available surround view camera.
- Available wireless charging.
- Available heated and ventilated front seats.
- Available active sport suspension.
What Does the 2019 Cadillac XT4 Compete With?
The Cadillac XT4 competes with the following vehicles:
- Acura RDX
- Audi Q3
- BMW X1
- Buick Envision
- Infiniti QX50
- Jaguar E-Pace
- Lexus NX
- Lincoln MKC
- Mercedes-Benz GLA250
- Volvo XC40
The XT4 is rather late to the game with a slew of subcompact competitors already in play. However, its edgy styling, spacious cabin, and plethora of technology should help it navigate the premium and luxury field.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Cadillac XT4
The 2019 XT4 exhibits the same angular design as its Cadillac XT5 sibling. Both showcase a similar profile, a scaled-down (and maybe too subtle) Cadillac crest in front, fewer chrome bits, and more smoke-hued accents. Where the elder Escalade stands in bold brawn, the twin-like XTs evoke a more subtle finesse.
Standard equipment for the Cadillac XT4 includes an abundance of LEDS. The headlights, taillights, daytime running lamps, and low/high beams—all LED lighting. The signature L-shaped headlight housing (like on the XT5) give the subcompact a masculine stance which is further complemented by satin-finish 18- or 20-inch wheels.
With only three trim levels, the models are easily distinguishable. Luxury and Premium Luxury go the bling route. The standard black honeycomb-patterned grille features metallic inserts while satin aluminum accents abound on the roof rails, window surround, door handles, side skirts, and lower fascias. These bright finishes are swapped for gloss black on Sport models. Door handles also revert to body color.
Interior Style in the 2019 Cadillac XT4
The interior styling of the Cadillac XT4 matches its exterior design: clean. There isn’t much fuss within the cabin. The broad lines of the dashboard create a spacious atmosphere. Overall, the XT4 presents a roomy and comfortable interior. But for a first outing, the subcompact CUV isn’t perfect.
Although soft-touch materials abound at frequent touchpoints, buttons and knobs in the center stack can feel cheap. Plus, the farther away from an occupant’s natural visual range (i.e., looking up), the more plastic the panels become. Oddly enough, the standard 8.0-inch touchscreen almost seems diminutive within the sweeping cabin landscape.
However, don’t let the subcompact’s stature fool you. Front and rear headroom is comparable to the Volvo XC40 and exceeds the Audi Q3. While the legroom for front-seat occupants is about the same throughout the segment (about 40 inches), the XT4 offers a surprising 44.1 inches of stretching room in the rear. Most in the class barely skim the high 30s.
Cargo volume with the second-row seats folded flat is 48.9 cubic feet, which is about average for the class. The Audi, Volvo, and BMW X1 all offer a few more cubic feet of capacity despite their shorter overall lengths.
Interior upholsteries are standard vinyl or optional perforated leather for Luxury and Sport. Premium Luxury models are outfitted with leather or perforated leather based on selected color themes.
The 2019 Cadillac XT4 interior also features:
- Active noise canceling.
- Keyless entry.
- Dual-zone climate control with rear vents.
- Cabin air filter with available ionizer.
- Cabin humidity sensor.
- Power-adjustable front seats with lumbar controls.
- 60/40-split rear seat.
- Available heated and ventilated front seats.
- Available heated rear seats.
- Available automatic heated steering wheel.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Cadillac XT4?
The all-new 2019 XT4 features a range of multimedia and connected services. The Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system is standard across the model line. Other technologies are also are available.
Cadillac User Experience (CUE)
- 8.0-inch full-color touchscreen.
- Personalized driver profiles.
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability.
- Teen Driver monitoring services.
- OnStar and Cadillac Connect Services access.
Other technology features include:
- Rotary infotainment controller.
- USB ports in the front and rear.
- Integrated 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Available navigation.
- Available wireless charging.
- Available 8.0-inch driver information center.
- Available Bose Centerpoint surround sound system.
- Available rear-seat DVD entertainment with dual 8.0-inch screens.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Cadillac XT4?
The 2019 Cadillac XT4 received a five-Star overall crash rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) but has yet to be tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Standard safety on the 2019 Cadillac XT4 includes:
- HD rear vision camera.
- Rear park assist.
- Daytime running lights.
- Hill hold and start assist.
- Intelligent brake assist.
Upgrading to Premium Luxury and Sport models add blind-spot monitoring, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, and a safety alert seat. The bulk of the Cadillac XT4’s driver-assistance features, however, require additional packages. These technologies are:
- Rear camera mirror.
- HD surround vision camera.
- Head-up display.
- Lane keep assist.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- Forward collision warning.
- Pedestrian detection.
- Advanced forward and reverse automatic braking.
- Automatic parking assist with braking.
- Automatic headlamp control.
What is the 2019 Cadillac XT4 Like to Drive?
The XT4’s twin-turbo 2.0-liter engine outpowers the comparable engines of the Audi Q3, BMW X1, Mercedes-Benz GLA2450, and Volvo XC40. The 237-horsepower engine moves the vehicle with little protest. Its standard nine-speed automatic shifts through gears with minimal lag. Paddle shifters also are standard.
The cabin is quiet, even on coarse road surfaces. The optional 20-inch wheels don’t add noticeable stiffness to the ride quality either. Luxury and Premium Luxury models showcase a softer suspension compared to Sport models. When equipped with the available active sport suspension, the Cadillac XT4 Sport exhibits a tighter steering feel and crisper cornering. Engaging the Sport drive mode further heightens the experience.
Should I Buy a 2019 Cadillac XT4?
The 2019 XT4 fills a glaring hole in the automaker’s lineup. Styling is handsome, comfort is standard, and amenities are plentiful. Even those looking to do some light towing will be impressed. The Cadillac XT4 is tow rated for up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
But there remain flaws, even if nitpicky ones. Some material quality may be a concern and competitors simply offer more choices as opposed to Cadillac’s three-tier approach. Pricing is also relatively high for the segment.
Should I buy a Used Cadillac XT4? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
On sale only since last fall, shopping for used 2019 Cadillac XT4 might be a wild goose chase. Being that this also is the first-ever model year for the XT4, its long-term reliability is untested.
How Much Does the 2019 Cadillac XT4 Cost?
The 2019 Cadillac XT4 Luxury starts at $34,795. Premium Luxury and Sport models are identically priced at $39,295. Opting for all-wheel drive adds $2,500 to all trim levels. The trailering package is a relatively small add-on at $300. Destination charges for the Cadillac XT4 is an extra $995.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Cadillac XT4
- Handsome design
- Spirited turbocharged engine
- Smooth-operating nine-speed automatic
- Spacious cabin
- Large selection of technology options
- Available towing capability
- Limited number of standard safety features
- Starting price is higher than direct competitors
- Some chintzy materials in an otherwise premium cabin
The History of Cadillac XT4: First Year of XT4
The Cadillac XT4 made its global debut during the telecast of the 90th Academy Awards. The televised ad was merely a tease, however, before its official unveiling at the 2018 New York Auto Show. The five-passenger subcompact crossover is built in General Motors’ Fairfax Assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Cadillac XT4
- Body Style
- Sport Utility Vehicle
- 2.0L Turbo
- 237 hp
- 9-speed automatic electronically-controlled
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Tinted Glass
- Engine, 2.0L Turbo, 4-cylinder, SIDI (237 hp [177 kW] @ 5000 rpm, 258 lb-ft of torque [350 N-m] @ 1500-4000 rpm)
- Transmission, 9-speed automatic electronically-controlled
- Axle, 3.47 ratio
- Automatic Stop/Start, with disable
- Hill hold and start assist
- Drivetrain, front-wheel drive
- Battery rundown protection
- Suspension, front, MacPherson strut
- Suspension, rear multi-link with coil springs
- Steering, power, variable assist, electric
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Brake rotors, Duralife, FNC (Ferritic Nitrocarburizing), front and rear
- Brake, electronic parking
- Intelligent brake fade resistance includes auto drying
- Capless fuel fill
- Exhaust, dual-outlet with bright tips integrated in fascia
- Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) 10-spoke alloy with Bright Silver finish
- Tires, P235/60R18 all-season
- Tire Inflator Kit (Deleted when (4G7) 17" spare wheel is ordered.)
- Moldings, bodyside brushed aluminum finish, window surround
- Lower bodyside appearance with accent color, trim specific
- Lower fascia inserts, front and rear, Black
- Grille, bright accents with galvano surround
- Headlamps, LED
- Headlamp control, automatic on and off
- Lamp, LED center high-mounted stop/brake
- Taillamps, LED
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable body-color, manual-folding
- Glass, acoustic, laminated front-side and windshield
- Glass, tinted, rear side and back window
- Wiper, rear intermittent
- Door handles, body-color with Satin chrome accents
- Liftgate, rear manual
- Cadillac user experience, AM/FM stereo with 8" diagonal color information display, one type A and one type C full function USBs, personalized profiles for each driver's settings, Natural Voice Recognition, Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, NFC (Near Field Communications) mobile device pairing, Connected Apps and Teen Driver (Upgradeable to (IOT) Cadillac user experience with embedded navigation.)
- Audio system, 7-speaker system with auxiliary amplifier
- Radio, HD
- SiriusXM with 360L Equipped with SiriusXM with 360L. Enjoy a trial subscription of the All Access package for the full 360L experience, with a greater variety of SiriusXM content, a more personalized experience and easier navigation. With the All Access package, you can also enjoy your favorites everywhere you go, with the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change. GM connected vehicle services vary by vehicle model and require active service plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal. See onstar.com for details and limitations.)
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Seats, front bucket
- Leatherette seating surfaces
- Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power
- Seat adjuster, passenger 6-way power
- Head restraints, 2-way adjustable (up/down), front
- Seat, driver power lumbar control, 2-way
- Seat, front passenger power lumbar, 2-way
- Seats, rear, 60/40 split-folding seatback with fold down armrest
- Head restraints, rear, adjustable, folding
- Cupholders 2 front in center console and 2 rear in second row center armrest. Additionally, 1 bottle holder in door storage pocket for driver and front passenger
- Floor mats, carpeted front and rear
- Sill plate cover, Bright finish, front door opening
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Steering column, manual rake and telescoping
- Steering wheel mounted paddle shift controls
- Steering wheel controls
- Oil life monitor
- Gauge cluster, 4.2" diagonal color reconfigurable Driver Information Center display
- Rotary infotainment controller, console mounted, with jog capability
- Drive mode selector
- Windows, power, front with Express-Up/Down and rear with Express Down
- Retained accessory power audio system, mirrors, power windows, sunroof and climate control remain operational after ignition is switched off for 10 minutes or until a door is opened
- Keyless Access, passive entry
- Adaptive Remote Start
- Universal Home Remote
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Theft-deterrent system, content theft alarm
- USB ports, full function one type A and one type C, front console
- Power outlets, 2 auxiliary, 12-volt, console
- Power outlets, 2 auxiliary, USB, rear seat
- Power outlet, rear auxiliary, 12-volt, cargo area
- Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control
- Air vents, rear
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Sensor, cabin humidity
- Air filter, cabin
- Glovebox, lockable
- Sunglass holder, overhead console
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors, covered
- Assist handles, driver, front passenger and rear outboard
- Lighting, illuminated entry
- Gearshift handle, with Piano Black accents
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Map pockets, driver and front passenger seatbacks
- Mini-umbrella holders driver and front passenger doors
- Cargo net anchors
- Cadillac Connected Access capable (Subject to terms. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Intelligent Brake Assist
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with traction control
- Daytime Running Lamps, LED
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector (Always use seat belts and the correct child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Airbags, dual-stage frontal knee and seat-mounted side-impact for driver and front passenger; head-curtain for all outboard seating positions with rollover protection (Always use seat belts and the correct child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Rear Park Assist
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Forward Collision Alert
- Seat belts, 3-point, all positions includes front seat belt pretensioners
- Safety Alert Seat
- Door locks, rear child security
- Teen Driver a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to help encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain available vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System includes Tire Fill Alert