Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Strong towing capacity
- Large, luxurious cabin
- Good standard power
- Imposing styling
Cadillac Escalade: Everything You Need to Know
About the Cadillac Escalade:
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade is a full-size SUV that serves as the American brand's flagship model. The Cadillac Escalade has been in production since the late 1990s. It played a large role in shaping the luxury sport-utility segment. It also became a cultural touchstone through its association with the music and entertainment industries.
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade is strong, comfortable, and practical, making it a good buy.
What’s New in the 2019 Cadillac Escalade?
There have been no major changes made to the 2019 Cadillac Escalade.
A new Sport Edition trim is now available. It adds black exterior trim and unique wheels to the vehicle.
All versions of the 2019 Cadillac Escalade feature a 6.2-liter V8 engine. It is tuned to provide 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. A 10-speed automatic transmission is standard with the SUV. Four-wheel drive can be added as an option.
Fuel economy for the 2019 Cadillac Escalade is listed at 14-mpg city and 23-mpg highway.
What Does the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Compete With?
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade competes with the following vehicles:
The most popular version of the Cadillac Escalade is the Luxury trim. This model adds a sunroof, additional safety equipment, and a sunroof. It also installs a power folding feature for the second row of seating. This is on top of the SUV's already generous level of standard equipment.
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade is good for luxury lovers who need excellent towing and hauling capability in a daily driver.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Cadillac Escalade
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade is a striking presence on the road. With its slab sides, enormous grille, and bulky sheet metal, the SUV is impossible to ignore. The Cadillac Escalade's lighting front and rear provide surprising detail given its hulking image. Consider, however, that the GMC Yukon Denali offers similar looks at a substantial discount.
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade comes standard with LED headlights, 20-inch rims, and a hands-free liftgate at the rear. The Luxury trim installs a sunroof and 22-inch wheels. The range-topping Platinum trim provides automatic running boards that slide under the vehicle when not in use.
The new Cadillac Escalade Sport Edition features blacked out trim and a black grille. It also adds silver-finished 22-inch rims. It can be ordered on all models above base.
Interior Style in the 2019 Cadillac Escalade
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade features a high end interior. For the most part, it matches its substantial price tag. Materials such as leather and soft plastics are used strategically. The overall presentation is also clean and simple. Wood trim does much to add contrast and brightness to the cabin.
The CUE infotainment system is unique to Cadillac. Its works well, but the black touch surfaces collect fingerprints. A number of other buttons and switches are shared with cheaper models from General Motors, however. This is not an issue with several of its rivals. It drags down the luxury experience just a tad. On the plus side, the cabin is surprisingly quiet and insulated.
There are two versions of the Cadillac Escalade. Both seat up to 7 passengers across 3 rows. The Cadillac Escalade ESV provides an extra 14 inches of wheelbase. Most of that room is devoted to cargo space, rather than passenger room.
This is important when considering either version of the Cadillac Escalade for passenger duty. The first and second rows of seating are quite generous. The first two positions can even be had with a massage feature. LATCH attachments are provided.
The third row, however, is quite tight for adults. The seat is mounted near the floor, and leg room is average at best. It's quite a contrast with how large the Escalade is from the outside. There are other options in its class that provide better third row space, such as the Lincoln Navigator.
The standard Cadillac Escalade suffers when it comes to cargo space. If all 3 rows are occupied, there is only marginal room for hauling luggage. The Escalade ESV improves on this problem. It also adds roughly 25 percent more total hauling space with the second and third rows folded forward. You can load longer items into the ESV, but you'll have to lift over the tall floor required by the fold-flat feature, which sits above the vehicle's solid rear axle. The standard Escalade can easily transport a full set of tires with the seats folded. Again, other options in the class provide better hauling.
Storage up front is compromised in certain models. The vehicle's available cooled center console is not as spacious as it could be. This feature is standard with the Platinum trim.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Cadillac Escalade?
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade provides a competitive list of technology features for a large SUV.
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade can be had with the following tech options:
- Head-up display
- Automatic high beam headlights
- camera-linked rearview mirror
- Rear seat entertainment system
- Massaging seats
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade comes standard with:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Surround-view camera system
- Automatic parking
- 3 zones of automatic climate control
- Wireless cell phone charging
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Cadillac Escalade?
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade does not offer any advanced safety features as standard equipment. This is frustrating, given how expensive its base price is. There are many non-luxury SUVs that outclass the Escalade in this department. That being said, the available safety equipment is quite good, once you've paid for it.
Optional safety equipment for the 2019 Cadillac Escalade includes:
- Forward collision alert with automatic braking. This system can bring the vehicle to a halt if an impact is deemed imminent.
- Lane departure warning and lane keeping assistance. A feature that can steer the SUV to keep it in its lane. It can also warn the driver if they stray over the lines on the road.
- Adaptive cruise control. A system that maintains a safe gap between the vehicle and other traffic on the road ahead of it.
- Blind spot monitoring. This feature scans the areas alongside the SUV for unseen traffic.
- Rear emergency braking. This system will apply the brakes if there is a person or obstacle behind the vehicle while reversing.
What is the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Like to Drive?
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade does a good job of disguising its weight and size. Its standard adaptive suspension system helps the enormous SUV feel more surefooted than one would expect. It also reduces the jolts and disturbances from rough roads.
Still, this is a very large vehicle, especially the Escalade ESV. Navigating narrow roads or city environments can be a challenge from behind the wheel. Parking is also a chore. Some indoor garages will be too low or tight to accommodate the SUV.
The Cadillac Escalade is in its element on longer road trips. It's here that its powerful V8 engine and comfort-tuned chassis truly shine. If you can stomach its less than stellar fuel mileage, you won't be disappointed eating miles in the Escalade. A tow rating of 8,300 lbs is also welcome for two-wheel drive models. Four-wheel drive adds excellent bad weather traction, but drops the tow rating to 8,100 lbs. The ESV model can handle 7,900 lbs of trailer in 4x4 trim.
It's worth pointing out that the Cadillac Escalade is not as maneuverable or as smooth as most of its competitors. It lacks the independent rear suspension of its rivals. You can also duplicate every aspect of the Escalade's driving experience for less money with the GMC Yukon Denali.
Should I Buy a 2019 Cadillac Escalade?
If you require a mix of brawn, luxury, and power, then the 2019 Cadillac Escalade is an intriguing option. If you want to tow in style, it's also a good choice. That being said, the cheaper Yukon Denali offers nearly the same experience.
Should I Buy a Used Cadillac Escalade?
The current generation Cadillac Escalade was introduced in 2015. We would have no problem recommending a used Escalade.
How Much Does the 2019 Cadillac Escalade Cost?
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade starts at $76,490. The Escalade ESV can reach a price of more than $100,000 after options.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Cadillac Escalade
- Excellent towing
- V8 power
- Available four-wheel drive
- Look-at-me styling
- Spacious interior
- Reasonably practical
- Thirsty at the fuel pump
- Lack of safety gear for base model
- High load floor for cargo
- Cramped third row
- Not as nimble as rivals
The History of the Cadillac Escalade: 20 years of the Model
The Cadillac Escalade was the first true luxury truck offered by General Motors in 1999. It built on the foundation of the GMC Yukon Denali. It has evolved considerably since it was first presented. At one point, it even offered a hybrid model. It now delivers unique styling and a premium experience that maintains its status as a pop culture presence.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Cadillac Escalade
- Body Style
- Sport Utility Vehicle
- 6.2L V8 with Active Fuel Management Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) and Variable Valve Timing (VVT), includes aluminum block construction (420 hp [313.2 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 460 lb-ft of torque [621 N-m] @ 4100 rpm)
- 420 hp
- 10-speed automatic electronically controlled with overdrive
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Tinted Glass
- Engine, 6.2L V8 with Active Fuel Management Spark Ignition Direct Injection (SIDI) and Variable Valve Timing (VVT), includes aluminum block construction (420 hp [313.2 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 460 lb-ft of torque [621 N-m] @ 4100 rpm)
- Transmission, 10-speed automatic electronically controlled with overdrive, tow/haul mode and tap up/tap down shifting
- Rear axle, 3.23 ratio
- Keyless Start, push-button
- Air cleaner, high-capacity
- Differential, heavy-duty locking rear
- Rear wheel drive
- Cooling, external engine oil cooler, heavy-duty
- Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil
- Alternator, 170 amps
- Trailering equipment, heavy-duty includes trailering hitch platform, 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits and 7-way sealed connector
- GVWR, 7100 lbs. (3221 kg) (2WD models only.)
- Suspension, Magnetic Ride Control with selectable sport mode
- Automatic load leveling, rear
- Steering, Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
- Capless fuel fill
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Brakes, VAC power, 17" disc
- Brakes, DuraLife rotors
- Wheels, 20" x 9" (50.8 cm x 22.9 cm) Dual 7-spoke alloy with Chrome finish (Not available with (5JL) Performance Front Brake Kit, LPO.)
- Tires, P275/55R20 all-season, blackwall
- Tire, spare P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall
- Wheel, full-size steel spare, 17" (43.2 cm) with Black finish
- Spare tire lock, hoist shaft
- Luggage rack, roof-mounted, chrome
- Assist steps, running side board
- Moldings, bodyside, chrome
- Shutters, front active aero
- Headlamps, LED high beam/low beam, light pipe
- Headlamps, automatic on/off
- Tail lamps, LED illumination
- Glass, deep-tinted (all windows, except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass)
- Glass, acoustic, laminated, windshield and front door glass
- Windshield, solar absorbing
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming, color-keyed with integrated turn signal indicators, ground illumination and programmable to provide curb view when in reverse
- Wipers, front intermittent, Rainsense
- Wiper, rear intermittent with washer
- Hands-Free Liftgate, open and close, programmable memory height
- Cadillac user experience with embedded navigation AM/FM stereo with 8" diagonal color information display featuring touch response, haptic feedback, gesture recognition, Natural Voice Recognition, Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, Connected Apps and Teen Driver. Five USB ports, including one in the articulating storage door/bin and auxiliary audio port
- SiriusXM Radio enjoy an All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change.)
- Radio, HD
- Audio system feature, Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound system with 16 speakers
- Audio system feature, single-slot CD/MP3 player
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Bluetooth for phone streaming audio for music for select phones
- SiriusXM NavTraffic Avoid congestion before you reach it by enhancing your vehicle's navigation or entertainment system with SiriusXM NavTraffic. With detailed information on traffic speed, accidents, construction, road closures and more, you will get to your destination faster and more easily than ever before. (SiriusXM radio and NavTraffic subscriptions are sold separately or as a package after trial period. If you decide to continue listening after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. Not all vehicles are capable of receiving all services offered by SiriusXM. Current information and features may not be available in all locations, or on all receivers.)
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Seats, front bucket with leather seating surfaces, driver and front passenger, 12-way power seat adjusters including 4-way power lumbar control, independently heated driver and front passenger seat cushions and seatbacks (three settings) and 2-position driver memory
- Seats, second row bucket, manual
- Seats, heated and cooled driver and front passenger seat cushion and seat back
- Seats, heated second row
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 12-way power
- Seats, third row 60/40 split-bench, power, fold flat
- Rear Seat Reminder
- Console, overhead
- Console, floor with covered storage, large and small storage bins, dual cup holders, electronic climate controls and second row heated seat controls (inside console: auxiliary power outlet, two USB ports and auxiliary audio port), 110-volt outlet and auxiliary power outlet on the backside of console
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting
- Floor mats, color-keyed carpeted first and second row
- Steering wheel, power-tilt, color-keyed with wood and leather-wrapped rim, locking
- Steering column, power tilt and telescoping
- Steering wheel, heated
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio and Driver Information Center controls
- Tow/haul mode selector, button located at end of shift lever
- Driver Information Center with programmable personalization features such as door locking and unlocking, a trip computer with trip odometer and individual tire pressure read outs, fuel information such as range, average mpg, gallons used and oil life, and a message center that displays dozens of warning messages such as low fuel and door ajar
- Gauge cluster, 12" color, reconfigurable with Driver Information Center
- Windows, power, with driver and front passenger Express-Up/Down and rear passengers Express-Down
- Windows, power all doors, comfort open (auto express down via key fob)
- Door locks, power programmable includes lockout protection and delayed locking
- Lock control, side door, electric
- Pedals, power-adjustable for accelerator and brake
- Memory settings includes two "presets" for driver seat adjuster, outside rearview mirrors, power tilt/telescoping steering column and power-adjustable pedals
- Keyless Access, passive entry
- Adaptive Remote Start
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
- Theft-deterrent system, unauthorized entry, engine immobilizer
- Climate control, tri-zone automatic with individual climate settings for driver, front passenger and rear passengers
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Power outlet, 110-volt
- Wireless Charging located on the top of the center console (The system wirelessly charges one compatible mobile device. Some phones have built-in wireless charging technology and others require a special adaptor/back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see my.cadillac.com/learnAbout/wireless-charging or consult your carrier.)
- Accents, interior, piano black and chrome finish
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
- Lighting, interior, door handle release, door storage, console and footwell
- Lighting, interior, with theater dimming
- Cargo net, rear
- Cadillac Connected Access capable (Subject to terms. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- StabiliTrak, vehicle stability enhancement system with Rollover Mitigation, includes disable switch
- Brakes, Hill Start-Assist/Hill hold
- Airbags, Frontal airbags for driver and front outboard passenger; Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for driver and front outboard passenger; Driver inboard seat-mounted side-impact airbag; Head-curtain airbags for all rows in outboard seating positions (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Front outboard Passenger Sensing System for frontal outboard passenger airbag (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Automatic Parking Assist includes front, rear, lateral-front parking assist and semi-automatic steering
- Surround Vision
- Seat belts, 3-point, all positions, includes front seat belt pretensioners
- Door locks, rear child security
- Teen Driver a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to help encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain available vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (does not apply to spare tire)
- Tire Fill Alert provides visual and audible alerts outside the vehicle when inflating an under inflated tire to the recommended tire pressure