Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Excellent steering and handling
- Luxurious and comfortable seats
- Great acceleration and overall performance
- An available 3.6L twin turbo V6 engine
- Tri-zone Climate Control
- Available all-wheel drive
The Cadillac CTS Sedan is a four-door, mid-sized luxury vehicle. The Cadillac CTS can seat up to five passengers, and this seating capacity and roomy interior make this car a good choice for family transportation. It's also a fine choice for the working professional.
The Cadillac style and luxury appointments are the perfect status symbol for the modern driver. The exterior design is classy and elegant. Adjustable front seats make it comfortable for long trips or for daily commutes.
The powerful engine choices lead to a fun and engaging driving experience. Acceleration is brisk and you'll always have plenty of power for passing on the highway. The turbocharged V6 can get you from 0 to 60 miles-per-hour in just 5.5 seconds.
All-wheel drive is available for most trim levels of the CTS Sedan. This further enhances the tight and accurate handling of this vehicle. It also makes the sedan a great performer on slick pavement during extreme weather conditions.
Safety and Security
One thing every potential owner will want to know is just how safe is the vehicle? The Cadillac CTS is a safe vehicle for you and your loved ones. The NHTSA gives it five- or four-star ratings in most crash-test categories.
The Cadillac CTS Sedan also comes packed with safety features. The Surround Vision system gives you an excellent view during low-speed maneuvering. Street parking is made easier with the rear-view camera.
A Lane-Change Alert and Lane-Keep Assist make sure you don't accidentally veer too far from your own lane. You also get a Forward Collision Detection system. Sensors monitor what's ahead of you and give you a warning for any potential danger.
Most trim packages of the CTS Sedan also come equipped with OnStar. OnStar is a system that allows you to connect with emergency services and trained professional advisers. OnStar also provides a vehicle-diagnostics service.
Keyless entry allows you to have the doors open automatically when you come near your car. The system detects the proximity of your key fob and allows you quick entry.
Newer Cadillac's come equipped with their Teen Driver system. This system allows you to set certain features and assign them to a key fob. The end result is that you can promote better driving behaviors.
Teen Driver automatically engages certain safety features when the designated key fob is used to enter the vehicle. Some features can also be limited in their use. Perhaps most important, you get a driver report card to let you know about your teen's driving habits.
Comfort, Connection, and Entertainment
The Tri-Zone Climate Control system ensures you will always be comfortable no matter what the temperature is outside of your car. Three zones allow you to adjust the heating or cooling for the driver, front passenger, and rear passengers.
A premium infotainment system keeps you connected. There are numerous connectivity options such as USB ports, Bluetooth technology, and Apple CarPlay. The system can be customized with a memory feature for all of your settings.
The infotainment center also offers a navigation system. This can help you always find your destination. There's a Wi-Fi hotspot feature as well. This is great for the working professional who needs to stay connected for business or pleasure.
You can even charge your smartphone or mobile devices wirelessly. The charger works whenever the vehicle is running. It's a fantastic feature that helps make sure you never end up with a dead phone at the wrong time.
A premium sound system from Bose allows you to listen to your favorite music with crystal-clear sound quality. There is plenty of volume thanks to the 13 high-quality speakers. CenterPoint technology divides the music signal into multiple channels for the ultimate surround-sound experience.
SurroundStage processing makes sure that every passenger feels as though they were in the middle of the music. Speaker use is optimized for immersive sound quality within your car.
A remote starter allows you to start the engine and have it warmed up before you even enter the vehicle. This is a great feature to have on cold or rainy days.
What Engine Choices Are Available?
Cadillac offers the choice of three different engines for the new 2019 CTS: 2.0L turbo, 3.6L V6, and a turbocharged version of the V6.
- 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylingder produces 268 horsepower and 295 lbs-ft of torque
- 3.6L V6 produces 335 horsepower and 285 lbs-ft of torque
- Turbocharged 3.6L V6 produces 420 horsepower and 430 lbs-ft of torque
How Many Colors Are Available for the Cadillac CTS?
Cadillac offers you seven different exterior colors to select from. The colors fit well with the Cadillac style and are what you would expect to see on luxury vehicles.
- Radiant Silver Metallic
- Black Raven
- Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Stellar Black Metallic
- Crystal White Tricoat
- Red Obsession Tintcoat
What Trim Levels Are Available for the CTS?
The 2019 Cadillac sedan comes in five different trim levels. These are the Standard, Luxury, Premium Luxury, V-Sport, and V-Sport Premium Luxury. Each trim package adds more features than the previous version.
The first two trims come equipped with a 2.0L engine. The Premium Luxury models come with the standard 3.6L V6. The remaining trims offer a turbocharged V6.
Trim Level Differences
The price of the vehicle will generally be greater as you move up through the trim levels. However, the basic package still comes packed with modern technology. Cadillac provides a number of standard safety and convenience features for this model.
Moving up to the Luxury model gets you an upgraded sound system, Driver Awareness Package, and a power sunroof. The Premium Luxury trim comes equipped with Tri-Zone Climate Control and Cadillac's Head-Up Display system. The V-Sport comes with Electronic Limited-Slip Differential and a customizable gauge cluster.
The V-Sport Premium Luxury comes loaded with all of the top features of the previous models. It is also equipped with the most powerful engine available. This trim level adds a Driver Assist Package to the Cadillac CTS Sedan.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Cadillac CTS Sedan
- Comfortable front seats
- Precise and accurate handling
- Powerful acceleration from the V-Sport engine
- A standard high-tech infotainment system
- Many standard safety features
- High crash-test ratings
- Stiff ride quality
- Small backseat area
- Small cargo space in the trunk
- Busy and distracting center console design
The Cadillac CTS has been a popular luxury sedan since it first rolled off of assembly lines in 2003. The car is now in its third generation that began in 2014.
The first generation of the CTS Sedan lasted from 2003 to 2007. It was designed to replace the Catera, a previous mid-sized luxury sedan from Cadillac. The first CTS-V version was introduced in 2004.
By 2007, the CTS Sedan was equipped with a 2.8L DOHC V6 or a 3.6L V6 engine. The second generation was rolled out the next year with the 2008 model. This second generation saw the addition of a sport wagon and a coupe version of the CTS.
The current generation began with the 2014 model. This was the first model to offer the turbocharged version of the 3.6L V6 engine from General Motors. The 2018 model continued with some minor upgrades such as an automatic heated steering wheel and expanded support for the myCadillac mobile app.
Finally, we come to the current version of the CTS. Production on this model will cease in June of 2019. It is not yet known if this will be the final version of the Cadillac CTS Sedan or if a new generation will be introduced next year.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Cadillac CTS Sedan
- Body Style
- 4 Door Sedan
- 2.0L Turbo
- 265 hp
- 8-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Memory Package recalls 2 driver and exit position "presets" for power driver seat, and outside mirrors
- Engine, 2.0L Turbo, I4, DI, DOHC, VVT with Automatic Stop/Start (268 hp [200 kW] @ 5600 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque [400 N-m] @ 3000-4500 rpm)
- Transmission, 8-speed automatic
- Keyless ignition, push button start
- Automatic Stop/Start
- Rear axle, 2.85 ratio
- Drivetrain, rear-wheel drive
- Battery, maintenance-free with rundown protection
- Recovery hook, front or rear location
- Suspension, Sport
- Steering, ZF premium rack-and-pinion, electric
- Brakes, Brembo front, performance 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Brake, electronic parking
- Exhaust, dual
- Wheels, 17" x 8.5" (43.2cm x 21.6cm) 10-spoke painted alloy
- Tires, P245/45R17 all-season, blackwall, run-flat (Lower profile tires damage more easily; especially on rough roads. Damage is not covered under warranty. For more details, go to my.cadillac.com/learnAbout/cadillactires or see your dealer.)
- Grille, active aero
- Headlamps, projector type halogen includes flash-to-pass and Twilight Sentinel
- Lamp marker, reflex, front side
- Lamp, LED center high-mounted stop/brake (CHMSL)
- Mirrors, outside heated power adjustable, body-color, manual-folding with integrated turn signal indicators
- Glass, solar absorbing, windshield
- Glass, Solar-Ray
- Windows, laminated glass, front side
- Wipers, front intermittent
- Cadillac user experience AM/FM stereo with 8" diagonal color information display, two USB ports, personalized profiles for each driver's settings, Enhanced Voice Recognition, Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, Connected Apps and Teen Driver (Upgradeable to (IOT) Cadillac User Experience with Embedded Navigation when (Y44) Seating Package is ordered.)
- Audio system feature, Bose premium surround sound 11-speaker system includes Active Noise Cancellation
- SiriusXM Radio Enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the app and online is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.)
- Bluetooth for phone/audio uplevel phone/audio with Natural Voice Recognition
- Wireless Charging (The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. Some phones have built-in wireless charging technology and others require a special adaptor/back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see my.cadillac.com/learn or consult your carrier.)
- Cadillac 4G LTE and available built-in Wi-Fi hotspot offers a fast and reliable Internet connection for up to 7 devices; includes data trial for 3 months or 3GB (whichever comes first) (Available Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.)
- Antenna, integral front and rear
- Seats, front bucket
- Seat adjusters, driver and front passenger 8-way power plus 2-way power lumbar, plus 4-way manual adjustable head restraints
- Seat, rear fixed seat-back with armrest and lockable rear pass-through access door (Upgradeable to (AM9) split-folding rear seat when (Y44) Seating Package is ordered.)
- Seat trim, Leatherette
- Headrests, rear, outboard seats, adjustable 2-way
- Console, front floor with shifter, armrest and covered storage
- Armrest, front center
- Armrest, rear center with cup holders
- Cup holders, 2 in front console, 2 in rear armrest
- Power outlets, 3 auxiliary
- Floor mats, carpeted front and rear
- Steering column, manual rake and telescoping
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Steering wheel controls, mounted controls for audio, phone and cruise
- Steering wheel mounted Paddle Shift Controls
- Gauge cluster, 5.7" color display includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Instrument cluster, electroluminescent
- Engine oil indicator
- Windows, power with front and rear express-up and down with passenger lockout feature
- Retained accessory power power windows, sunroof (when equipped) and audio system remain operational for 10 minutes after the ignition is switched off or until the driver's door is opened
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection
- Keyless Access, passive entry
- Adaptive Remote Start
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, and with 1 mph and 5 mph increment adjustment
- Trunk release, power, remote
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle with immobilizer
- Climate control, dual-zone automatic
- Air filtration system
- Defogger, rear-window, electric with front and side window outlets for the driver and front passenger
- Glovebox, electric, lockable
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, frameless
- Console, overhead includes reading lamps and controls for (UG1) Universal Home Remote, (UE1) OnStar, (DB3) power rear window sunshade (if equipped) and (C3U) UltraView power sunroof (if equipped)
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Lighting, interior includes glovebox, front cup holders, overhead console, front and rear passenger footwell, map pockets, rear assist handles and cargo area
- Coat hooks, located on rear left and right assist handles
- Cargo convenience net, trunk
- Traction control, all-speed, brake and engine controlled
- StabiliTrak, vehicle stability enhancement system
- Daytime running lamps, LED
- Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic
- Airbags, dual-stage frontal, knee and seat-mounted side-impact for driver and front passenger; seat-mounted side-impact for rear outboard passengers; head-curtain for all outboard seating positions with rollover protection (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (Fleet orders receive a 3-month trial. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model.)
- Cadillac Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity which enables services such as, Vehicle Diagnostics, Dealer Maintenance Notification, Cadillac Smart Driver, Marketplace and more (Limitations apply. Not transferable. Standard connectivity available to original purchaser for ten years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year 2018 or newer Cadillac vehicles. See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Connected Access does not include emergency or security services. Availability and additional services enabled by Connected Access are subject to change.)
- Rear Vision Camera
- Teen Driver mode a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report gives you information on your teen's driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Fuel filler door, remote locking
- Seat belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger
- Seat belts, 3-point, rear, all seating positions
- Child seat restraint system
- Door locks, rear child security
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), for child restraint seats
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System