Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Comfortable seats
- Good fuel economy
- Available CT6-V high-performance model
- Optional Super Cruise driver system
Cadillac CT6: Everything You Need to Know
About the Cadillac CT6:
The Cadillac CT6 is a large luxury car made by General Motors’ luxury brand. Cadillac introduced the car for the 2016 model year as the second largest full-size sedan in its lineup.
The CT6 boasts an elegant cabin with plenty of space and technology features. It competes with large cars from luxury brands including Audi, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW.
What’s New in the 2019 Cadillac CT6?
The Cadillac CT6 received new exterior styling for the 2019 model year. The refresh features new taillights and headlights that reflect the brand’s new signature look.
Cadillac also tweaked the CT6’s powertrain. The Caddy swaps its standard eight-speed automatic transmission for a ten-speed automatic. The 2019 lineup now features a high-performance model, the Cadillac CT6-V, with a 550-horsepower, twin-turbocharged 4.2-liter V8 engine. The 2019 Cadillac CT6 comes in four trims: Luxury, Premium Luxury, Sport, and Platinum.
- Luxury: Entry-level models get leather upholstery, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a long list of technology features including Bluetooth, dual USB ports, satellite radio, an eight-speaker Bose premium sound system, satellite radio, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, wireless device charging, and a built-in Wi-Fi hot spot.
- Premium Luxury: Adds a heated steering wheel, 16-way power-adjustable and heated front seats, a 10-speaker Bose surround-sound stereo, a hands-free power trunk, and advanced driver assistance features such as automatic parking assist and a surround-view parking camera.
- Sport: Upgrades the powertrain to a twin-turbo V6 with all-wheel drive. It retains many of the standard and optional features on the Premium Luxury trim. It adds sporty design elements such as a rear spoiler and 20-inch V-series five-spoke alloy wheels.
- Platinum: Top-of-the-line Platinum trim gets 20-way power-adjustable, ventilated, and massaging front seats, a 34-speaker Bose stereo, four-zone climate control, a rear-seat entertainment system, a head-up display, a rearview mirror camera, and Cadillac’s Super Cruise system for hands-free driving.
What Does the 2019 Cadillac CT6 Compete With?
The 2019 Cadillac CT6’s top competitors include:
The CT6 boasts a powerful engine, comfortable cabin, and semi-autonomous driving system. However, it does not deliver the athletic handling of a Mercedes or BMW. Its low starting price makes it an attractive option for luxury buyers seeking a full-size sedan at a more affordable price.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Cadillac CT6
The Cadillac CT6 received updated exterior design features for the 2019 model year. The four-door sedan sports the chiseled body found throughout Cadillac’s portfolio. The Sport trim gets a black mesh grill and larger wheels.
Interior Style in the 2019 Cadillac CT6
The 2019 Cadillac CT6 features high-quality trim including leather and wood throughout its spacious cabin. The five-passenger sedan gets supportive seats that are comfortable on long trips. Cadillac offers options for heated and ventilated seats in both rows. Buyers can add massaging, reclining, and power-adjustable functions to seats, too.
Four-zone automatic climate control and a sunroof are also available.
All models come with the Cadillac CUE infotainment system and a 10.2-inch touch screen. Both the driver and front passenger can reach the controls easily.
The CT6 provides a covered storage bin, front and rear cupholders, and a large trunk. The rear seats fold to expand cargo room.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Cadillac CT6?
The 2019 CT6 comes with a long list of standard technology features including:
- Dual USB ports.
- Cadillac CUE infotainment system with a 10.2-inch touch screen.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity.
- A built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
- An eight-speaker Bose stereo system.
Optional features include:
- A 10- or 34-speaker Bose surround-sound stereo.
- A rear-seat infotainment system.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Cadillac CT6?
The 2019 CT6 offers a variety of optional driver-assistance safety features. All models come equipped with a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, and GM’s Teen Driver feature, which lets owners limit speed and audio volume.
Optional active safety features include:
- Automatic high beams.
- Adaptive cruise control.
- A surround-view parking camera.
- Low-speed automatic emergency braking.
- Lane departure warning.
- Lane keep assist.
- Blind spot monitoring.
- Night vision detection.
- Automatic parking assist.
- A head-up display.
- A rearview mirror camera.
- Reverse automatic braking.
Cadillac’s optional Super Cruise system features Level 2 semi-autonomous driving capabilities. The system can keep the car centered within its lane and adjust to traffic while the driver keeps his or her hands off the wheel. The system scans the driver’s face to make sure he or she is paying attention and is ready to take over at any time.
What is the 2019 Cadillac CT6 Like to Drive?
The 2019 CT6 is powered by a 237-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Sport and Platinum buyers can upgrade to a 335-horsepower 3.6-liter V6 or 404-horsepower twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6. A new high-performance model delivers up to 550 horsepower using a twin-turbo 4.2-liter V8.
All engines are paired with a ten-speed automatic transmission. The Luxury and Premium models come with rear-wheel drive. Upper trims get all-wheel drive.
The standard engine provides enough power for driving around town or on the highway. However, the upgraded V6 and V8 engine supply thrilling power and acceleration that can rival any competitor.
The CT6 delivers a smooth ride, especially when equipped with the optional magnetic ride control and active steering. Its cabin is quiet, comfortable, and upscale.
Should I Buy a 2019 Cadillac CT6?
The Cadillac CT6 is a solid competitor in the luxury large car segment. It offers a comfortable, roomy interior and well-appointed cabin. It has impressive power and handling when outfitted with the larger engines. The 2019 model received refreshed styling, a new transmission, and a long list of standard and optional technology and safety features. The car may not be as sporty or luxurious as its German competitors, but CT6 buyers will find it a bargain when compared to a European choice.
Should I Buy a Used Cadillac CT6? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Cadillac CT6 has remained relatively unchanged since its 2016 introduction. The 2018 model year introduced the Super Cruise driver assistance system. For 2019, the car received exterior styling updates and a standard ten-speed automatic transmission. Buyers who can live without these latest updates will save money on a used model.
How Much Does the 2019 Cadillac CT6 Cost?
The Cadillac CT6 starts at $58,095. The base Luxury model costs $62,595 including the optional V6 engine and all-wheel-drive system. The Sport begins at $66,595. The range-topping, fully loaded Platinum starts at $86,795.
For lower trims, a $2,000 Comfort and Technology package adds ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, a rearview mirror camera, and a head-up display. The $2,700 Rear Seat package includes a second-row entertainment system and four-zone automatic climate control. Magnetic ride control and rear-wheel steering start at $2,600.
The Super Cruise driver assistance system costs $6,000 and is available on models with the upgraded engine.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Cadillac CT6
- Super Cruise driving system
- Refreshed exterior styling
- Smooth ride
- Powerful engine lineup
- Competitors offer sportier handling
- Clunky infotainment system
- Rivals are more luxurious
- Few standard safety features
The History of the Cadillac CT6: Four Years of the Cadillac CT6
The Cadillac CT6 launched for the 2016 model year as the brand’s flagship sedan. Cadillac debuted its Super Cruise driver assistance system in 2018. A high-performance, V8-powered CT6-V version followed in 2019.
The full-size sedan is currently in its first generation.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Cadillac CT6
- Body Style
- 3.6L V6
- 335 hp
- 10-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- Lane Change Assist
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Convenience Package includes (IOT) Cadillac user experience with navigation, (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats, (AX7) Automatic Seat Belt Tightening, (C3U) UltraView power sunroof and (TQ5) IntelliBeam
- Driver Awareness Package includes (HS1) Safety Alert Seat, (UE4) Following Distance Indicator, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (UFG) Rear Cross Traffic Alert, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, (UKC) Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, (DNP) outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors, (UHY) Automatic Emergency Braking and (UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking
- Engine, 3.6L V6, SIDI, DOHC, VVT with Automatic Stop/Start (335 hp [250 kW] @ 6800 rpm, 284 lb-ft of torque [385 N-m] @ 5300 rpm)
- Transmission, 10-speed automatic
- Automatic Stop/Start, with disable
- Engine air filter life monitor
- Keyless Start, push-button
- Electronic Precision Shift
- Driver Selectable Modes for various driving conditions (Tour, Sport and Snow)
- Drivetrain, all-wheel drive
- Steering, power-assist, electric-variable for low to high speed maneuvers
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, heavy-duty
- Exhaust, dual-outlet stainless-steel with chrome tips
- Tool kit, road emergency
- Wheels, 19" (48.3 cm) Multi-Spoke alloy with Sterling Silver finish
- Tires, P245/45R19 all-season, blackwall
- Capless fuel fill
- Wheel, compact spare 18" (45.7 cm) includes compact spare tire
- Tire, compact spare, T135/70R18, blackwall
- Rocker moldings, body-color
- Moldings, bodyside, bright
- Moldings, upper bodyside, window surround, bright
- Grille, bright accents with Galvano surround
- Headlamps, LED high beam/low beam, light pipe
- IntelliBeam, automatic high beam on/off
- Taillamps, LED
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming body-color with integrated turn signal indicators
- Wipers, Rainsense
- Door handles, body-color
- Sunroof, UltraView, power with independent front and rear shade control
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Cadillac user experience with embedded navigation AM/FM stereo with connected navigation providing real-time traffic, 10.2" diagonal color information display, dual USB ports, auxiliary audio port, rotary infotainment controller, Natural Voice Recognition and Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, Connected Apps and Teen Driver
- Audio system feature, Bose premium 8-speaker system
- Engine sound enhancement
- SD card receptacle, located in front center console
- SiriusXM Radio enjoy an All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the SiriusXM app, online and at home on compatible connected devices is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM. (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. See the SiriusXM Customer Agreement at www.siriusxm.com for complete terms and how to cancel. All fees, content, features, and availability are subject to change.)
- Bluetooth for phone, connectivity to vehicle infotainment system (Go to my.cadillac.com/learnAbout/bluetooth to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.)
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- USB ports, full function, one type A and one type C, front console
- Seats, front bucket, 14-way driver and front passenger includes 2-way power lumbar and 4-way manual adjustable head restraints
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Seats, heated driver and front passenger
- Memory seat, driver
- Power outlet, rear auxiliary
- Floor mats, carpeted front and rear, premium
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped
- Steering column, tilt and telescoping, power
- Steering wheel paddle shifters
- Gauge cluster, 8" diagonal color includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle immobilizer
- Remote Start
- Keyless Access, passive entry
- Cruise control, electronic, automatic
- Wireless Charging (The system wirelessly charges one compatible mobile device. Some phones have built-in wireless charging technology and others require a special adaptor/back cover. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see my.cadillac.com/learnAbout/wireless-charging or consult your carrier.)
- USB ports, one type A and one type C, rear seat
- Climate control, dual-zone automatic
- Glovebox, lockable
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming
- Universal Home Remote
- Cadillac Connected Access capable (Subject to terms. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Forward Collision Alert
- Airbags, dual-stage frontal, knee and seat-mounted side-impact for driver and front passenger; head-curtain for all outboard seating positions with rollover protection (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Airbag, Passenger Sensing System sensor indicator inflatable restraint, front passenger/child presence detector (Always use seat belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Seat belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger includes seat belt pretensioners
- Seat belts, 3-point, rear, all seating positions
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren), for child restraint seats
- Automatic Seat Belt Tightening
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable (Terms and limitations apply. See onstar.com or dealer for details.)
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Following Distance Indicator
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Safety Alert Seat
- Teen Driver a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to help encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain available vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report card gives you information on driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver