Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Energetic handling
- Choice of three powerful engines
- Luxury interior options
- High-tech infotainment system
- Driver-assist options
- Wide array of power and performance upgrades
The Cadillac ATS sedan is a popular high-performing choice for luxury car fans. The latest year of this sedan model is 2018.
The attractive ATS sedan is a favorite in the luxury car class. It provides an American-made option that competes with German brands like BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
The Cadillac ATS sedan offers three engine choices, including a V6 engine that puts out 335 hp. You can pair it with an all-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission.
This Caddy has an 8-inch touchscreen that lets you navigate its infotainment system, and great features like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are available. A 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot that uses a subscription service is also available to keep you connected.
Using well-designed angular sheet metal, the ATS sedan is at the top of its class when it comes to style. On fuel efficiency, it holds its own while performing well and sounding good.
You can choose either the eight-speed automatic transmission or the six-speed manual transmission. The solid responsiveness and precision of the manual are favorites among ATS fans.
When accelerating, you can shift from one gear to the next with ease. The clutch is easy to use, too.
The 2018 Cadillac ATS sedan is one of the best luxury cars when it comes to handling, according to experts in the industry. Fans will appreciate the sheer athleticism of the ATS as its handling is like that of an actual sports car. When you select the V-Sport Performance Suspension Upgrade, you get even better tires and a sport-tuned suspension.
The ATS's sound system provides a wonderful music-listening and podcast experience. The 10-speaker Bose sound system offers rich, deep bass and a lack of sound distortion. With a sound system like that, your daily commute becomes a lot more appealing.
If your teenager will be driving your ATS at any point, you need to know about Teen Driver Mode. This helpful feature allows parents to track their teen driving habits and locations. You can also use this feature to establish a top speed for new drivers.
According to federal government data, the 2018 Cadillac ATS did well in key crash tests. With a wide array of safety features and technology, the ATS is a safe choice of vehicle. You can select great safety features, including a backup camera and GM's award-winning OnStar emergency service.
The ATS isn't faster or more efficient than other cars in its class. It doesn't outperform peers like the Audi A4, BMW 3 Series, or the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Still, there's enough here, including a reasonable price, that should entice you to take a closer look at the Cadillac ATS sedan.
Cadillac ATS Sedan Exterior Design
With its distinctive appearance, the Cadillac ATS stands out from other sporty sedans. Its styling is unique from its angular headlamps to its sharp body lines. The Carbon Black trim level, in particular, gives the ATS an untamed road presence that many will love.
Cadillac ATS Sedan Interior Design
The ATS sedan can seat up to five people in comfy front seats that you can upgrade with heat, leather, or power. There's limited space in the back seat, but it's still more than you would get with other car models in its class. The rear outboard seats have three tether anchors, and there's enough room to fit most car seats there.
The materials used in the cabin are nice, giving it a modern feel. The nice faux leather comes standard with lots of available upgrade options, such as leather, inlays, carbon fiber trim, and more. There is 10.4 cubic feet of trunk space, which is on the low side when compared to its peers.
The High-Performing ATS-V
The ATS-V is the most expensive of the trim levels. While it's more than some shoppers are willing to invest, the available options may be well worth it for those interested in performance and comfort upgrades. At a mediocre 17 mpg for city driving and 25 mpg on the highway, however, the ATS-V has a lower fuel economy than the standard ATS.
When it comes to performance, the ATS-V model is at the top of its class. Equipped with an amped-up V6 engine that puts out 464 hp, the acceleration is at a different level. With its powerful engine and various performance upgrades, the ATS-V can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds.
Cadillac ATS Sedan Drawbacks
The ATS has a few drawbacks. The space inside the cabin is a little tight, particularly in the back seat area. The trunk offers a limited amount of space.
The four-cylinder engine can make a coarse, rasping sound at higher RPMs. The CUE (Cadillac User Experience) system includes a touchscreen that can be slow and confusing. A few of the interior controls, meant to be ergonomic and smart, aren't all that functional.
What Technology Does the Cadillac ATS Sedan Offer?
The ATS comes with an 8-inch touchscreen and a system that works pretty well. The audio and climate controls can be tricky on occasion. The buttons under the screen are touch-sensitive and can be a little distracting.
There are tech options available to add. These include Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, a Wi-Fi hotspot, a premium stereo, and USB ports.
What Safety Features Does the Cadillac ATS Sedan Offer?
The standard ATS has safety features such as the Teen Driver system, parking sensors, safety alert seats, and more. You also get alerts for lane change, blind-spot monitoring, forward collision, and rear cross traffic. There's even rain-sensing windshield wipers, auto high beams, adaptive cruise control, and more.
Should You Buy a New or Used Cadillac ATS Sedan?
If a brand-new car isn't a must for you, you can save a lot of money by considering a quality 2017 model. Older models in good condition can get you big savings as long as you know the year-to-year changes as you shop. The touchscreen first appeared as a standard feature in 2017, so you'll still have that option if you go with the older model.
A 272-hp turbocharged engine replaced the 202-hp motor in the standard car in 2017. In 2016, the popular ATS-V model appeared, and the eight-speed automatic transmission became standard. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay also became available that year in the Cadillac ATS sedan.
Pros and Cons of the 2018 Cadillac ATS Sedan
- High-Performing ATS-V
- Track package
- Comfortable seats for relaxed driving
- Advanced driving aids available
- Teen Driver feature
- Distracting, tricky infotainment system
- Limited space in back seat and trunk
- Average fuel efficiency in its class
ATS became part of the Cadillac brand in 2012 as a new entry-level, high-end compact car. Using great driving dynamics, the ATS competes with the BMW 3 Series and the Mercedes Benz C-Class. The basic car was rear-wheel drive with all-wheel-drive available as an option.
Cadillac has a long history of offering cars that compete very well in the luxury class. The ATS line was designed to meet the nexus of luxury quality and sport performance, a combination that fits well with younger or more adventurous drivers. The smaller size and high-performance response add to those selling points.
The ATS offers three engine choices: a naturally aspirated four-cylinder, a turbocharged four-cylinder, and a powerful V6. The outer design of the ATS sedan became so popular that it inspired design features used on the Escalade SUV and the CTS line of Cadillac sedans.
In 2015, the sedan's front end got an update with a bigger Cadillac logo. Other additions included OnStar service, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hotspot, and the CUE system. The V6 engine's output went up to a respectable 335 hp in 2016, and the Cadillac ATS Sedan added an eight-speed automatic transmission for boosted performance.
Specs & Key Features of the 2018 Cadillac ATS Sedan
- Body Style
- 2.0L Turbo
- 272 hp
- 8-speed automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Cadillac user experience and surround sound includes (U2M) SiriusXM and HD radio, (IOS) Cadillac user experience and (UQS) Bose premium surround sound 10-speaker system
- Engine, 2.0L Turbo, I4, DI, DOHC, VVT with Automatic Stop/Start (272 hp [203 kW] @ 5500 rpm, 295 lb-ft of torque [400 N-m] @ 3000 rpm)
- Transmission, 8-speed automatic
- Rear axle, 2.85 ratio (Upgradeable to (GW6) 3.27 rear axle when (M3L) 6-speed manual transmission is ordered.)
- Automatic Stop/Start (Not available when (M3L) 6-speed manual transmission is ordered.)
- Drivetrain, rear-wheel drive
- Battery, maintenance free with rundown protection
- Keyless Open and Start
- Recovery hook, front or rear location
- Suspension, Sport
- Steering, ZF premium rack-and-pinion, electric
- Brakes, Brembo front, performance 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Exhaust, dual stainless-steel with bright tips
- Wheels, 17" x 8" (43.2 cm x 20.3 cm) premium painted alloy (Upgradeable to (RIF) 17" x 8" polished alloy wheels or (PXG) 18" x 8" After Midnight dark finish alloy wheels.)
- Tires, P225/45R17 all-season, run-flat (Upgradeable to (RB7) P225/40R 18 all-season, run-flat tires when (PXG) 18" x 8" After Midnight dark finish alloy wheels are ordered.)
- Fascias, front and rear body-color
- Moldings, rocker panel, body-color
- Grille, galvano chrome accented
- Grille, active aero
- Headlamps, projector type halogen, includes flash-to-pass and Twilight Sentinel
- Lamp, LED center high-mounted stop/brake (CHMSL)
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding
- Glass, Solar-Ray light-tinted
- Glass, solar absorbing, windshield
- Wipers, front intermittent
- Cadillac user experience AM/FM stereo with 8" diagonal color information display, two USB ports, personalized profiles for each driver's settings, Natural Voice Recognition, Phone Integration for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability for compatible phone, Collection and Teen Driver
- Audio system feature, Bose premium surround sound 10-speaker system
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio and HD Radio; SiriusXM Satellite Radio is standard on nearly all 2018 GM models. Enjoy a 3-month All Access trial subscription with over 150 channels including commercial-free music, plus sports, news and entertainment. Plus listening on the app and online is included, so you'll hear the best SiriusXM has to offer, anywhere life takes you. Welcome to the world of SiriusXM (IMPORTANT: The SiriusXM Satellite Radio trial package is not provided on vehicles that are ordered for Fleet Daily Rental ("FDR") use. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change.)
- Bluetooth for phone/audio, uplevel phone/audio with Natural Voice Recognition
- Cadillac 4G LTE and available built-in Wi-Fi hotspot offers a fast and reliable Internet connection for up to 7 devices; includes data trial for 3 months or 3GB (whichever comes first) (Available Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.)
- Wireless Charging (The system wirelessly charges one PMA- or Qi-compatible mobile device. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see my.cadillac.com/learn.)
- Antenna, integral front and rear
- Seats, front bucket
- Seat Trim, Leatherette
- Seat adjusters, driver and front passenger 6-way power, plus 2-way power lumbar plus 4-way adjustable head restraints
- Headrests, rear, outboard seats, adjustable 2-way
- Console, front with shifter
- Shift lever, center console mounted
- Armrest, front center
- Armrest, rear center with cupholders
- Floor mats, carpeted front and rear
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim
- Steering wheel controls, mounted controls for audio, phone and cruise
- Steering column, manual tilt and telescoping
- Engine oil indicator
- Instrument cluster, electroluminescent
- Driver Information Center, 5.7" color display includes driver personalization, warning messages and vehicle information
- Windows, power with front express-up and down, and rear express-down with passenger lockout feature
- Retained accessory power power windows, sunroof (when equipped) and audio system remain operational for 10 minutes after the ignition is switched off or until the driver's door is opened.
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Keyless Access passive entry
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed and with 1 mph and 5 mph increment adjustment
- Trunk release, power, remote
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle immobilizer
- Climate control, dual-zone automatic
- Defogger, rear-window, electric with front and side window outlets for the driver and front passenger
- Air filtration system
- Mirror, inside rearview, frameless
- Console, overhead includes reading lamps and OnStar controls
- Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console
- Coat hooks, driver and passenger-side rear
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Lighting, interior, front and rear reading lights, and cargo area lamp
- StabiliTrak, electronic stability control system
- Traction control, all-speed, brake and engine controlled
- Daytime running lamps
- Air bags, driver and front passenger frontal (dual stage for passenger), knee and side, front and rear head curtain (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Air bag, Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar and Cadillac connected services capable; EFFECTIVE WITH RETAIL SALES STARTING 5/1/2018. (Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model.)
- Cadillac Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity which enables services such as, Vehicle Diagnostics, Dealer Maintenance Notification, Cadillac Smart Driver, Marketplace and more; EFFECTIVE WITH SALES STARTING 5/1/2018. (Limitations apply. Not transferable. Standard connectivity available to original purchaser for ten years from the date of initial vehicle purchase for model year 2018 or newer Cadillac vehicles. See onstar.com for details and further plan limitations. Connected Access does not include emergency or security services. Availability and additional services enabled by Connected Access are subject to change.)
- Rear Vision Camera
- Safety belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger
- Safety belts, 3-point, rear, all seating positions
- Door locks, rear child security
- Child seat restraint system
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren), for child safety seats
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Teen Driver a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob, to encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report gives you information on your teen's driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System