Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Choice of powerful turbocharged engines
- Standard third row
- Smooth handling
- BMW’s iDrive infotainment system with 12.3-inch touch screen
2019 BMW X7: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 BMW X7:
The all-new 2019 BMW X7 is the German automaker’s largest-ever SUV. The three-row, full-size X7 sports the traditional look of a BMW, but with a larger signature grille and more pronounced curves. With seating for seven, the SUV boasts a spacious cabin and BMW’s latest infotainment system.
It enters an ever-growing competitive segment. The X7 is late to the market but boasts the very latest in modern features.
This 2019 BMW X7 is built at BMW’s factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina. It’s exported globally from this single production point.
What’s New in the 2019 BMW X7?
BMW introduced the X7 in spring 2019 to sit atop the automaker’s SUV lineup. The seven-passenger utility vehicle features three rows of seating and standard all-wheel drive. The 2019 BMW X7 is available in two trims:
- xDrive40i: The base model runs on a 3.0-liter, turbocharged six-cylinder engine
- xDrive50i: The top trim gets a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8
Each can be ordered with BMW’s standard luxury design package or with the more muscular M Sport treatment. A high-performance M version of the X7, the 523-horsepower M50i, starts at $99,600 for the 2020 model year. The M version sports features from BMW’s high-performance M Badge: an M Sport Differential, M Sport Brakes and an M Sport Exhaust System.
Exterior colors include Alpine White, Arctic Grey, Vermont Bronze, Carbon Black, Black Sapphire, Mineral White, and Dark Graphite. There are up to ten different upholstery colors offered for full customization.
What Does the 2019 BMW X7 Compete With?
BMW X7’s top competitors include:
The BMW X7’s xDrive40i base model runs on a 335-horsepower, 3.0-liter turbocharged six-cylinder engine and can reach a top speed of 130 mph. The xDrive50i is powered by a 4.4-liter turbocharged V8 that generates 456 horsepower.
Like its rivals, BMW’s largest SUV provides advanced technology features, a comfortable cabin with ample room for taller adults, and robust all-wheel drive performance.
Exterior Design of the 2019 BMW X7
The BMW X7 adapts BMW’s signature look to a bigger body. The full-size SUV boasts the brand’s largest-ever kidney grille. The X7 measures 9 inches longer than BMW’s bestselling vehicle, the mid-size X5 SUV.
The X7’s exterior showcases a more upright stance than the low-slung profile of its smaller siblings. All models have a panoramic moonroof, rain-detecting windshield wipers and a power liftgate. Twenty-one inch alloys wheels that can be upgraded to 22 inches.
Buyers can add an LED Sky Lounge Roof option. This spreads colored light across the glass pane to illuminate more than 15,000 graphic patterns. The display evokes the nighttime sky.
Interior Style in the 2019 BMW X7
The 2019 BMW X7’s standard cabin features seating for seven across its three rows. Buyers may also swap the second-row bench seat for two captain’s chairs. This lowers the SUV’s seating capacity to six.
All X7s have leather upholstery, heated and 16-way power-adjustable front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and four-zone automatic climate control. A 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster runs the latest version of BMW’s iDrive infotainment system.
The touchscreen and physical buttons are accessible from the driver and passenger seat. The iDrive system allows users to control functions with physical gestures and hand movements.
The SUV provides plenty of interior storage. The X7 boasts front and rear cupholders, glovebox, seatback pockets, and storage bin inside center console. Heated and cooled cupholders for the front seat are optional.
Although the 2019 BMW X7 plenty of room for passengers, its cargo area is small for an SUV of its size. Folding the third-row seats down provides more space for groceries, suitcases, or golf bags.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 BMW X7?
The 2019 BMW X7 comes equipped with a long list of standard technology features. These include a wireless charging pad, Apple CarPlay, navigation, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi hotspot and two USB ports. A 10-speaker stereo system pumps out the HD and satellite radio.
Buyers may upgrade to features such as :
- A 12- to 16-speaker Harman Kardon stereo system
- A 20-speaker Bowers & Wilkins premium sound system
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 BMW X7?
The 2019 BMW X7 comes standard with more advanced driver assistance safety features found in most cars. Parking aids include a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, pedestrian detection, and rear cross traffic alert. Automatic braking, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and blind spot monitoring assist while on the road. Adaptive headlights, automatic high beams, and rain-sensing windshield wipers complete the extensive suite of safety.
For $1,700, buyers may add BMW’s Driving Assistance Professional package, which includes adaptive cruise control, forward collision assist, lane keep assist, lane control assist, and emergency stop assist.
What is the 2019 BMW X7 like to drive?
With its powerful engine lineup and dynamic handling, driving the 2019 BMW X7 offers a nimble ride for its gargantuan proportions. Its large windows provide clear visibility.
The xDrive40i model gets a 3.0-liter, turbocharged six-cylinder engine that delivers 335 horsepower. The xDrive50i runs on a 456-horsepower, 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8. Both are mated to BMW’s smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission. Models equipped with the inline six-cylinder and V8 engines can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds and 5.8 seconds, respectively. However, the SUV can feel top-heavy around corners and curves.
Inside, the refined cabin provides comfortable seating and ample head- and legroom for adult passengers.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 BMW X7?
BMW brings its reputation for reliability, power and sporty handling to its newest and largest SUV. Luxurious and restful, the 2019 BMW X7 provides a high-end experience inside a strong exterior.
Should I buy a Used BMW X7? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The BMW X7 was launched for the 2019 model year so used versions will be hard to find. Check your local dealer for test drivers.
How Much Does the 2019 BMW X7 Cost?
The 2019 BMW X7’s base xDrive40i starts at $73,900. The more powerful xDrive50i begins at $92,600. Buyers can add tailored options, such as a $1,200 Cold Weather package. This comes with a heated steering wheel, heated armrests in the front row, a heated steering wheel and five-zone climate control.
Buyers willing to tack on another $1,450 can swap the X7’s standard synthetic leather for genuine leather. An additional $1,000 buys premium Merino leather.
Seating can be enhanced with the $1,600 Luxury Seating package. This includes 20-way power-adjustable, multi-contour, ventilated, and massaging front seats. For $3,000, the Premium Package comes with gesture control, heated and cooled cupholders, soft-close doors, a head-up display, and power rear-window sunshades.
The Dynamic Handling package adds rear-wheel steering, a dynamic suspension, and M Sport brakes for $3,850. Buyers who plan to take their X7 onto rough surfaces can buy the $1,650 Off-Road package. This includes driving modes customized to the terrain, skid plates, and a locking differential.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 BMW X7
- Spacious cabin
- Standard third row
- Latest version of BMW’s iDrive infotainment system with gesture control
- Several customized packages available
- Feels top-heavy around corners
- Small cargo area
- No Android Auto compatibility
- Difficult to park
The History of the BMW X7: The first year of the BMW X7
Introduced for the 2019 model year, the BMW X7 sits atop the German automaker’s lineup as its largest and most imposing model. It’s meant to do battle with full-size SUVs from Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Range Rover and others.
The three-row X7 offers more cabin room and seating than its smaller sibling and BMW’s bestseller, the X5 mid-size SUV.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 BMW X7
- Body Style
- Sports Activity Vehicle
- 3.0L DOHC 24 Valve I-6 Turbocharged
- 335 hp
- Sport Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Wifi Hotspot
- Engine: 3.0L DOHC 24 Valve I-6 Turbocharged
- Transmission: Sport Automatic
- 3.64 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,989 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and STEPTRONIC Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Part And Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 1202# Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- 4-Corner Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Height Adjustable Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 21.9 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Air Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Air Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 21" x 9.5" Y-Spoke Bi-Color (Style 753) -inc: Ferric grey
- Tires: 285/45R21 Run-Flat AS
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Fixed Glass 3rd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Chrome Bumper Insert
- Chrome Bodyside Insert and Body-Colored Wheel Well Trim
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming, Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Power Liftgate/Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Directionally Adaptive Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, External Memory Control and 20 Gb Internal Memory
- Hi-Fi Sound System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio -inc: 1 year All Access subscription
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Sport Seats
- Power Front Seats
- Heated Front Seats
- 12-Way Driver Seat
- 12-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Power Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Power Fore/Aft
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- WiFi Hotspot with complimentary 3-month or 3GB trial Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Fixed 50-50 Split-Bench 3rd Row Seat Front, Power Recline, Power Fold Into Floor, 2 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Sport Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Interior Lock Disable
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front And Rear Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- SensaTec Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Driver Seat, Door Mirrors, Steering Wheel and Head Restraints
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Tracker System
- CD Player Prep
- Apple CarPlay Compatibility -inc: 1 year trial
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Lumbar Support
- Power w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- BMW Assist eCall Emergency Sos
- Park Distance Control Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Active Blind Spot Detection Blind Spot Sensor
- Frontal Collision Warning w/City Collision Mitigation and Cross-Traffic Alert Rear
- Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera