Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Twin turbocharged 4.4 L 8-cylinder engine
- Nimble handling
- User-friendly infotainment system
- Terrific reliability rating
- Standard features like Apple CarPlay, blind-spot monitoring, and more
The BMW X6 M is one of the most recommended big-body SUV models in many online reviews. It’s full of power and speed and delivers excellent driving performance.
You wouldn’t expect something as heavy as this model to be so fast and capable. This vehicle weighs more than 5,000 pounds and can go from 0 to 60 in just 3.8 seconds.
The 2019 sports model is an upgrade of the 2018 version. Most of the features that came with the premium package last year are now standard. For example, BMW’s Active Driver Assistant is now a normal feature in all 2019 models.
Even though this X6 may have a small cargo space when compared to the X5 or other cars in the same category, the space is still much bigger than what you’d find in a standard sedan. However, according to reviews, buyers of this car are after the performance, and many want an SUV that’s more of a sports vehicle than a utility car. The 2019 BMW X6 M offers exactly that.
What’s New for the Latest Model Year?
The 2019 X6 M can produce 575 horsepower. This model year, BMW introduced a new 8-speed M Steptronic transmission that will distribute the horsepower to all wheels when you step on the throttle.
Apart from that, the new model doesn’t have any major differences from its 2018 counterpart. However, some features have now become standard for 2019, including:
- Speed limit information
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Low-speed automated brakes with pedestrian detection
- Forward-collision warning
Which Brands Does the New BMW X6 Compete With?
The mid-size luxury SUV market is very competitive, and big car manufacturers will try their best to get a huge chunk of the market. BMWs have been trying their best to hold their own. Currently, the X6 M competes with the following cars:
Exterior Design of the New BMW X6 M
The 2019 X6 M has the dynamic curves and lines of a BMW sports coupe. Since this vehicle was inspired by the M5 body design, it has that distinctive M look.
The lines run smoothly through the curved glasshouse, sloping roof, and overall aerodynamic shape. The large air intakes on the front and the sides add to that sporty and muscular exterior look.
Interior Design of the New BMW X6 M
The BMW X6 M is a five-seater SUV. Both front and rear seats are covered in stitched leather. The driver has a nice view of the road thanks to the raised front seats, which are also heated.
The comfortable rear seats offer nice back support. However, the backseats have limited passenger space, especially in terms of the headroom for adults. Thus, this space is better suited for children.
The X6 M comes with a set of two LATCH connectors that basically allow you to install a baby car seat. The interior feel and look of the X6 will give an upscale impression. This is because of the leather upholstery.
The X6 will give the passengers a considerable amount of usable interior space and cargo support. According to reviews, the rear seats are designed with nearly 27 cubic feet of space behind them.
This has been tested and proven to be enough for a weekend’s worth of luggage. By folding the rear seats down, you will get access to about 60 cubic feet of space and a completely different interior style. Other standard interior features include:
- 10.2-inch touchscreen that can be used to watch media videos
- Navigation system
- Nine-speaker audio system
- USB port
- Apple CarPlay
Higher trim levels and optional equipment choices include:
- Wireless device charging
- Advanced infotainment system for quality 4K videos
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Satellite radio
- Premium audio systems
What Kind of Safety Features Are in the New BMW X6 M?
When testing out the level of safety of any vehicle, you have to look at the crash test results and available safety features. At this point, the X6 M hasn’t undergone the crash test provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Nonetheless, the vehicle is fitted with safety features that include:
- Auto-adaptive cruise control
- Rear-view camera
- Front and rear parking sensors to help you find your way
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane departure warning
- Forward collision warning
- Pedestrian detection
- Auto emergency braking
Special Safety Package Features
- Surround-view camera that takes videos of the area around the car
- Head-up display
- Parallel and perpendicular park assist
- Automatic high beams
- Night vision assist
What’s the New BMW X6 M Like to Drive?
The BMW X6 M is placed at the top range across other X6 trims. This intricate machine comes with a 575-HP 4.4L V8 engine that powers the wheels when driving. By parting with some extra cash, you can go for performance upgrades such as suspension, brake systems, and a sport-tuned all-wheel drive.
The X6 M is designed with an auto Adaptive Dynamic Suspension setup that significantly improves the control on the steering and makes it very smooth to drive. In addition, the new car has an improved fuel economy of about 25.5 MPG on average. This is a 5.2-MPG improvement from the X5, which is considerably more economical.
Even though the X6 M is based on the X5 series platform, they are quite different. The X6 M accelerates quite fast and manages 6,000 rotations per minute. This vehicle offers improved speed, control, steering, power, and transmission compared to other X6 trim levels.
How Much Will a New BMW X6 M Cost?
The X6 M is a power-filled vehicle with good steering that feels smooth and fun to drive on any terrain, but you need to understand that this vehicle doesn't come cheap. Since it has an M5 power engine, it has to be pricey. A brand-new X6 M might cost you $105,700.
Things You Should Know before Going for Used Models
Whatever you decide on, it’s important to keep in mind that a used version might be more appropriate if you’re not able to meet the 2019 X6 M price tag. However, the lower price tag also comes with some risks.
For example, older versions of the X6 M may lack some of the newly added features included in the brand-new 2019 version. Additionally, you might not find the proper support for special features. Some services and rights are reserved for people who buy the car when it's still new.
Exterior damage, like minor scratches or dents, are also common among used vehicles. A wheel or all wheels could be worn-out, or they might not all match in terms of quality and size. Some dealers have a tendency to use the wheels of similar vehicles, such as a wheel designed for the BMW X5 instead of the used X6 M.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 BMW X6 M
- Great interior
- Comfortable seats
- High-performance engine
- A variety of standardized features
- Great handling capability
- Can do better with fuel consumption
- Arched roof limits head space for rear passengers
The BMW X6 M was officially released in 2009, around the same time that the first X5 M debuted. They were the first vehicles from the "X series" to get the M label.
For years, BMW had dominated the luxury SUV market with the X5. The X6 was created to give lovers of the "X series" something different.
During the launch, it was called the BMW X6 activity coupe. The first generation had a 4.4 L V8 turbo-charged 6-speed engine with an automatic transmission. This vehicle was a bit slower than the current model and could go from 0 to 60 in 4.7 seconds.
The second generation, which the 2019 model falls in, was officially introduced in 2014. As is the tradition with new BMWs, the engine received a major upgrade. The second generation of the 2014 BMW X6 M was the first to use the twin-turbo-charged M engine, which provides more torque and power.
The 2019 BMW X6 M is more than an SUV. Any vehicle that’s capable of producing 575 horsepower surpasses the SUV title. This is a sports activity coupe that’s on a completely different level when compared to other vehicles in the same class.
The 4.4 L twin-turbo-charged M engine with an 8-speed transmission produces 553 pounds-feet of torque. The all-drive system makes sure that this torque is properly and equally transferred to all wheels.
The X6 M has been in existence for more than 10 years now. It's a well-rounded utility vehicle suitable for various types of drivers.
All this time, the vehicle has maintained high levels of comfort and performance. It also has the turbo to take on most sports cars. This means that anyone who owns a BMW X6 M gets a driving experience like no other.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 BMW X6 M
- Body Style
- Sports Activity Coupe
- M TwinPower Turbo V8 32V 4.4L
- 567 hp
- Sport Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- DVD Player
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: M TwinPower Turbo V8 32V 4.4L
- Transmission: Sport Automatic
- 3.154 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,505 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, STEPTRONIC Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls and Oil Cooler
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 105-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- Regenerative 210 Amp Alternator
- 1170lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Rear Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Active Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Sport Tuned Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 22.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Air Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Electro-Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
- Wheels: 21" M Double-Spoke -inc: Style 612M
- Tires: 285/35R21 Fr & 325/30R21 Rr Performance -inc: Non run-flat
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Body-Colored Wheel Well Trim
- Black Side Windows Trim and Body-Colored Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Directionally Adaptive Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Washer and Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, Weatherband, DVD-Audio, External Memory Control and 20 Gb Internal Memory
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio -inc: 1 year All Access subscription
- harman/kardon Surround Sound System
- Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
- Graphic Equalizer
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Front Bucket Seats
- Heated Front Seats
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- BMW Online Full Service Internet Access
- Multi-Function Seats w/Lumbar Support
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front And Rear Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Interior Lock Disable
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Dual Zone Front And Rear Automatic Air Conditioning w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Piano Black/Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leather Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Alcantara Simulated Suede Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Extended Merino Leather Seat Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Folding Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Navigation System
- Apple CarPlay Compatibility -inc: 1 year trial
- Memory Settings -inc: Driver And Passenger Seats, Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Tracker System
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Fixed Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- BMW Assist eCall Emergency Sos
- Park Distance Control Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Active Blind Spot Detection Blind Spot Sensor
- Frontal Collision Warning w/City Collision Mitigation
- Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera