Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Powerful engines
- Sporty handling
- Luxurious cabin
- Easy-to-use infotainment system
2019 BMW X6: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 BMX X6:
The 2019 BMW X6 is the largest of the German brand’s portfolio of coupe-like utility vehicles. The luxury midsize crossover sports a powerful engine, agile and responsive handling, and a comfortable cabin.
Known as a Sport Active Vehicle within BMW’s lineup, the X6 can seat five passengers in its two rows. It’s built on the same platform as the midsize X5 crossover, BMW’s most popular SUV.
The X6 is offered with two design treatments: xLine or M Sport.
What’s New in the 2019 BMW X6?
Currently in its second generation, the X6 now comes standard with Apple CarPlay and advanced driver assistance features such as forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, and lane departure warning.
The X6 is available in three trims: sDrive35i, xDrive35i, and xDrive50i. There’s also a high-performance M Sport version. Buyers can upgrade to the Convenience, Premium and Executive packages for more interior, technology and safety features.
Exterior colors include Alpine White and Jet Black or metallic-based hues including Atlas Cedar, Azurite Black, Carbon Black, Flamenco Red, Dark Olive, Dark Graphite, Space Gray, Ruby Black, Pearl Silver, Mineral White, and Dark Black Sapphire.
There’s no less than eight different interior schemes as well as five “BMW Individual” bespoke combinations. These take an additional six to eight weeks to produce at the Spartanburg, SC plant.
What Does the 2019 BMW X6 Compete With?
BMW X6’s top competitors include:
The X6 costs more than some rivals but offers fewer standard features and less cargo room due to its sloping roofline. Although it is less practical and not as family-friendly as the X5 SUV, the X6 showcases sportier design and a fastback profile.
Exterior Design of the 2019 BMW X6
The X6 displays a sloping roofline and a chiseled, muscular stance anchored by BMW’s kidney grille. The four-door sports coupe features a tapered fastback silhouette and a rear liftgate raised high off the ground.
The xLine package adds sportier features such as 19-inch light alloy Y-spoke wheels and a satin aluminum appearance. The M Sport package comes with a choice of 19-, 20-, or 21-inch M Double Spoke wheels and a sport steering wheel.
All models come with LED fog lights, daytime running lights and a moonroof.
Interior Style in the 2019 BMW X6
The X6’s luxurious cabin comes with leather upholstery, wood and metal accents, and supportive front bucket seats that can be adjusted 14 ways. The top-of-the-line xDrive50i comes with 20-way power adjustable front seats, four-zone automatic climate control, and a 16-speaker Harman Kardon sound system.
Taller adults may feel cramped in the back seats, which can be short on headroom due to the vehicle’s sloping roofline.
Interior storage compartments include a large covered center console, glovebox, seat back pockets, and cup holders for both rows. The crossover has less cargo space than its competitors but can fit a few suitcases, especially if the 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats are folded down.
M Sport models get upgraded leather upholstery, 18-way power-adjustable front seats, a power tailgate, and a 16-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound system.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 BMW X6?
The 2019 BMW X6 comes standard with Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, navigation, USB ports, a nine-speaker audio system. BMW’s iDrive infotainment system can be controlled with a rotary dial or through a crisp 10.2-inch touchscreen.
All models come equipped with an ambient lighting function using three-color LED lights to create nine light designs.
Buyers can add satellite radio, a built-in WiFi hotspot, and wireless charging capability. Note that the X6 does not support Android Auto.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 BMW X6?
BMW has placed an emphasis on safety for the 2019 model year. The latest BMW X6 comes with an array of safety features. The German automaker’s Active Driving Assistant package is standard across the nameplate. All models come equipped with a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning with pedestrian detection, lane departure warning, rain-sensing windshield wipers, blind spot monitoring, and automatic emergency braking.
Optional features for the X6 include a surround-view camera, automatic high beams, a head-up display, night vision assist, and parallel and perpendicular park assist.
What is the 2019 BMW X6 Like to Drive?
The 2019 BMW X6 provides lightning-quick acceleration, expert handling, and a smooth ride.
The rear-wheel drive sDrive 35i base model and all-wheel drive xDrive35i run on a 3.0-liter, inline six-cylinder engine delivering 300 horsepower. The xDrive50i upgrades to a 4.4-liter, twin-turbo V8 producing 445 horsepower. The xDrive50i sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds on its way to a top speed of 130 mph.
All models come equipped with three drive modes: Comfort, ECO Pro and Sport. An eight-speed automatic transmission is standard. An adjustable suspension absorbs road imperfections for an effortless, quiet drive.
A Dynamic Handling package adds adaptive dampers and active roll stabilization. Slim pillars provide excellent visibility in front, but the X6’s design compromises the view in the rear. Ground clearance of 8.3 inches can be useful when driving over rocks and other tough terrain.
A high-performance M badge version achieves 567 horsepower with a twin-turbo V8. Those cars also get sport-tuned all-wheel drive, suspension, and brake systems.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 BMW X6?
When compared against rivals or other SUVs in BMW’s portfolio, the BMW X6 is usually near the bottom of the list. It costs more and delivers less cargo space. If price and interior space aren’t high on your list of must-haves, the BMW X6’s smooth performance and powerful engine make it one of the sportiest midsize crossovers available.
Should I buy a Used BMW X6? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The BMW X6 was introduced to the U.S. market for the 2009 model year. Buyers who want a modern X6 without paying for a new one should consider a second-generation model. The X6’s second generation debuted in 2015 with an upgraded eight-speed automatic transmission, more cargo room, and a faster twin-turbo engine. However, unlike current generation models, older ones won’t come standard with Apple CarPlay and advanced driver assistance features such as forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, and lane departure warning.
How Much Does the New 2019 BMW X6 Cost?
The 2019 BMW X6’s Drive35i starts at $63,550. The xDrive35i and xDrive50i begin at $65,850 and $78,300, respectively. The BMW X6 can be customized to include heated rear seats, a leather dashboard, advanced driver assistance features, and a premium Bang Olufsen sound system.
The range-topping X6 M starts at $105,700. That version comes with a plethora of upgrades to the X6’s performance and cabin comforts.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 BMW X6
- Powerful engine lineup
- Responsive handling
- Latest version of BMW’s iDrive infotainment system
- Luxurious cabin
- Costs more than rivals
- Cramped second-row seating
- Small cargo space
- No Android Auto compatibility
The History of the BMW X6: 10 years of the BMW X6
The BMW X6 debuted in 2009 as Sports Activity Coupe (SAC). The crossover combines the size, height, and utility of an SUV with the sporty shape of a coupe.
It is produced at BMW’s plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina. As the automaker’s largest factory, the plant builds all of the brand’s crossovers and SUVs, ranging from the subcompact X1 to the three-row X7. Even-numbered models denote coupe-like models. Odd numbers represent conventional crossovers and utility vehicles.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 BMW X6
- Body Style
- Sports Activity Coupe
- 3.0L DOHC 24 Valve Inline 6 Turbocharged
- 335 hp
- Sport Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Rear Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Blind Spot Sensor
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0L DOHC 24 Valve Inline 6 Turbocharged
- Transmission: Sport Automatic
- 3.15 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,010 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, STEPTRONIC Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls and Oil Cooler
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- 90-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery
- Regenerative 210 Amp Alternator
- Trailer Wiring Harness
- 2 Skid Plates
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 22.4 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 20" x 9" V-Spoke (Style 738)
- Tires: 275/45R20 AS
- Runflat Tires
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Black Bumper Insert
- Rocker Panel Extensions and Black Wheel Well Trim
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Body-Colored Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Metal-Look Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Driver Auto Dimming and Power Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Metal-Look Grille
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Directionally Adaptive Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: AM/FM Stereo
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Compatible CD, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System, Weatherband, External Memory Control and 20 Gb Internal Memory
- Graphic Equalizer
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid And Roof Mount Diversity Antenna
- CD Player Prep
- Hi-Fi Sound System
- Satellite Radio Preparation
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Bluetooth Wireless Phone Connectivity
- Sport Seats
- Power Front Seats
- Heated Front Seats
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- 8-Way Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- ConnectedDrive Services Selective Service Internet Access
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Interior Lock Disable
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation and Console Ducts
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Vernasca Leather Upholstery (MC)
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Folding Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Tracker System
- Memory Settings -inc: Driver Seat, Door Mirrors, Steering Wheel, Head Restraints, Audio and HVAC
- BMW Assist eCall
- BMW TeleServices
- ConnectedDrive Services
- Connected Package Pro
- Apple CarPlay Compatibility -inc: 1 year trial
- Live Cockpit Pro w/Navigation
- Integrated Navigation System w/Voice Activation
- Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Power Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Lumbar Support
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Park Distance Control Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Active Blind Spot Detection Blind Spot Sensor
- Frontal Collision Warning w/City Collision Mitigation
- Lane Departure Warning
- BMW Assist eCall Emergency Sos
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera