Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Fuel efficient with abilities of a muscle car
- Four-cylinder turbocharged engine
- Dual-clutch transmission with seven speeds
- Progressive steering feature for easy maneuvering
- Advanced parking system with sensors
The 2019 Audi TT Coupe is the latest addition to the muscle car-like collection built for anyone. It is a perfect combination of high horsepower and compact size. You'll also find exciting technological features packed into Audi's virtual cockpit.
The TT is a two-door model that can seat up to four people. The Audi TT Coupe is available in different trims. Drivers who would like to have a sportier or speedier alternative can satisfy their wishes.
This driving machine offers basic 17-inch wheels that drivers can upgrade. Those who want something flashier can get 18, 19, or 20-inch wheels and 5-arm wheels.
One of the many perks of this car is the elegance that immediately impresses. The optional rear spoiler on certain designs takes the overall appearance to a new level.
What's New in the Audi TT Coupe?
Most of the external upgrades to the 2019 coupe are easy to spot when compared to the 2018 model. These changes include a single-frame radiator grille and a noticeable line on the side of the frame. The major interior upgrades from 2018 include:
- More standard equipment to the entry-level model
- Heated mirrors and light or rain sensors
- A virtual cockpit
- Bigger air inlets on the side
- Illuminated Bluetooth and USB connectivity and ports
The engine is also improved from 2018 to offer a wide array of possibilities with three trims. These include the 40 TFSI, 45 TFSI, and 45 TFSI Quattro that offer 197, 245, and 245 horsepower, respectively. Additionally, the TTS model comes with a 306 horsepower captured in a 2.0-liter engine.
The TT offers popular colors like tango-red and mythos-black metallic. This comes as no surprise since Audi practically reserved the rights to them. These are commonly seen on models like the A4, A5, A8, and even R8.
What Vehicles Does the Audi TT Coupe Compare With?
Due to the unique merge of speed and compact size of TT, it does not fall in the same category as traditional muscle cars. Instead, it competes with:
- Porsche Cayman
- Porsche Boxster
- Chevrolet Corvette
- Jaguar F-Type
- BMW Two Series
- BMW Four Series
- Alfa Romeo Giulia
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Audi TT Coupe Exterior Design Overview
The exterior design of the 2019 Audi TT Coupe is pretty close to its predecessors. It features a rounded cabin that offers comfortable seating to the driver and the passenger.
The hood transitions into aggressive headlights that take the shape of crooked rectangles. Below them is an intentionally oversized grill decorated with barely visible lettering for the trim type.
As with 2018 and older TTs, the cabin offers views through windows that are big enough to go on an SUV. Additionally, sturdy wheels and the sport bumpers give the car an unmistakably athletic look.
Interior Design of the Audi TT Coupe
Generally speaking, Audi TT models are not built to fit more than two full-size adults. However, the two front seats are made with high-quality leather.
The Audi Virtual Cockpit system employs MMI Navigation in combination with MMI touch. The outputs are on the dashboard, so the driver can stay focused on the road without having to look to the side to check the navigation system.
Although the height of the seats in comparison with the window placement is low, there is no lack of visibility. In fact, the sheer size of the windshield and the driver's window makes it easy to watch the road.
The TT also comes with a few different trims of leather. The S sport seats tend to be a more popular alternative and come with Fine Nappa leather in combination with diamond stitching. The colors that people can request include black or palomino brown.
These packages were also offered in 2018, 2017, and most older models.
What Technology Comes in the Audi TT Coupe?
As noted, the technology for the 2019 model includes the latest Google Earth Imagery mixed with MMI Navigation. Drivers will be able to see the road both through the windshield as well as through current images captured by Google.
The display itself is 12.3 inches and comes with a plethora of customizable infotainment options. As with Audi's classics like the A4, A5, A8, or R8, this auto provides a Wi-Fi hotspot, providing those taking long road trips with plenty of entertainment while on the go. For your music-listening pleasure, the Bang and Olufsen Sound System with 12 speakers offers up to 680 watts of power.
The 2019 model is very similar to previous Audi TTs that carry desired safety features even in their entry-level packages. Some of the most notable features include:
- Anti-lock brakes that increase the ability to turn while breaking
- Stability control
- Front and side-impact airbags
- Knee airbags that cover lower extremities
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Security that prevents engine from starting when someone uses an incorrect key
What Is the 2019 Audi TT Coupe Like to Drive?
With an ability to go from zero to 60 in 5.2 seconds, the vehicle will test even the most discerning of car enthusiasts. The auto comes with four different modes of driving that include Dynamic, Comfort, Auto, and Individual. All of these will impact the transmission shift times and steering, allowing the driver to customize their experience based on the road or preference.
If you want more control, Audi's S tronic, dual-clutch transmission is eligible for manual shifting. The driver can shift gears by using the steering wheel-mounted paddle shifter.
The Quattro's all-wheel drive and seven-speed transmission turn this coupe into a fearsome roadster. It easily parallels the capabilities of the A5 or even the R8.
TT's fuel consumption is quite favorable when compared to that of other models in its class. The standard model gets a combined rating of 26 mpg. Of course, higher-end trims like the TT RS will bring that down with their high-powered engines that feature more horsepower.
Although the TT will come up short in a performance test versus an actual muscle car, Quattro's all-wheel drive and shorter frame will make it much easier to operate. This will help drivers who lack the necessary experience with powerful cars.
What Is the Price of an Audi TT Coupe?
The price for a new TT will start at $44,900 and go up from there. Individuals who want to add things like higher wheel trims, updated sport seats, or custom-designed leather will pay more. Selecting every single variant is not necessary, though.
Instead, buyers can request the S line competition package for an added $2,200. This will provide them with:
- Audi Sport 19-inch, 5-arm polygon black wheels
- High-gloss black exterior trim and mirror housings
- Black housing tips
- Red brake calipers
- Virtual cockpit with Sport mode
Unlike the 2017 or 2018 models, the 2019 TT does not require a plethora of customization. After all, the entry-level Audi TT Coupe comes with an abundance of features already.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Audi TT Coupe
- Bluetooth and W-Fi connectivity
- Great gas mileage
- Fast but easy to maneuver
- Packed with the latest technology
- One of the top speaker systems on the market
- Still has no safety rating
- The back seats are impractical to use
- Virtual cockpit costs extra
- Not much different than the previous models
The standard issue of TT Coupe has been around since the spring of 1994. The first few models came from a subsidiary in Hungary that reserved the rights to many of the modern-day features.
The automatic transmission did not come in until 2003. Until then, the car's performance was also limited to the driver's capabilities.
Over the years, the producers continued to deliver the vehicle's reserved look of an aggressively rounded cabin. This goes from the most basic trims to high-end RS models. Similarly, the price continues to fall in the mid-range of a luxury coupe, so it fares well when compared to vehicles from Corvette, Jaguar, or Mercedes.
It is fair to assume that Audi will eventually incorporate its e-tron, electrical engine in one of the high-end options like the RS. Until then, however, the Audi TT Coupe remains an outstanding coupe that will easily turn anyone into an Audi enthusiast.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Audi TT Coupe
- Body Style
- quattro Coupe
- 2.0 TFSI 4 Cylinder
- 220 hp
- S tronic 7-Speed Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0 TFSI 4 Cylinder
- Transmission: S tronic 7-Speed Automatic
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls and Oil Cooler
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.30 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 80-Amp/Hr 330CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 140 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 14.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" 5-Double-Spoke Dynamic Design
- Tires: 245/35R18 Summer Performance
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Black Side Windows Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Spoiler
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi MMI w/CD Player -inc: 2 SD card readers, HD Radio, Audi music interface w/2 illuminated USB inputs and a 3.5mm auxiliary input, MMI touch, Bluetooth preparation for mobile phone w/audio streaming, SiriusXM all access service (w/3-month trial subscription) and voice control
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- Audi Sound System
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Heated Front Sport Seats -inc: 8-way power seats w/4-way power lumbar
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 50-50 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Fixed Rear Windows
- Sport Leather/Aluminum Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Leather/Alcantara Seat Trim
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Net
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Audi Phone Box w/Wireless Charging -inc: signal booster
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins and 1st Row Underseat Storage
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Audi Virtual Cockpit
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Fixed Front Head Restraints and Fixed Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi parking system plus Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera