Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
• Quattro four-wheel drive system
• A ton of road grip, especially while turning corners
• A high-class interior design
• Powerful acceleration
• A cozy ride quality
After some revamping in 2018, the Audi S5 coupe models are now in their second generation. With plenty of up-to-date technology, a cozy ride quality, and phenomenal driving experience, the S5 lineup is popular among Audi lovers and overall auto enthusiasts.
You can get the S5 as a coupe, cabriolet, or the five-door fastback, all of which come with Audi's well-loved Quattro four-wheel drive (4WD) system. The coupe and the cabriolet seat four while the fastback seats five. Each body style comes with three trim levels: the Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige.
Every trim level on the Audi S5 gives you 349 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque from the standard 3.0-liter turbocharged V-6 engine. This is certainly enough to get the A5 up to speed on any roadway.
These German vehicles are actually built in Germany and shipped overseas. As you might expect from Audi, this coupe is a mix of sport and luxury.
What's New in the 2019 Audi S5 Coupe?
Even though the S5 Coupe is only two years into its second generation, Audi made a few changes to the 2019 model lineup.
The Premium trim is brand-new, and some of the features have received updates. A wireless charger and accompanying signal booster are now part of the list of standard tech features. Other than that, expect to find that everything from the 2018 models carries over.
Which Cars Does the Audi S5 Coupe Compete With?
The S5 Coupe has a few major rivals in its segment. Three of its biggest competitor vehicles are:
The S5, Mercedes, and BMW are longtime competitors, but the F-Type is somewhat new to the fray.
Exterior Design of the Audi S5 Coupe
As mentioned above, Audi gives the S5 a distinctive body style. The S5 Coupe has a long front end and a short rear, giving it an eye-catching sport shape. LED headlights set off the front fascia while LED taillights shine bright on the rear.
Other exterior features you will find on the Audi S5 Coupe include:
- Automatic headlights
- Heated, power-adjustable side mirrors
- S model quad exhaust outlets
- 18-inch wheels with summer performance tires
- A power tailgate
- Aluminum trim
In addition to all of these external features, you can choose between 10 different body paint colors. This includes one exclusive paint color as a special offer from Audi.
Interior Style in the Audi S5 Coupe
From its front S sport-trimmed seats to the ambient LED lighting that adorns the interior of the 2019 Audi S5 Coupe, the inside is all about mixing style with technology. The view out the front window is nice and wide, and there is plenty of rear seat space. As for the driver, you get a physical cockpit up front as well as a virtual cockpit chock-full of cutting-edge technology.
Some of the details you can find throughout the cabin of the S5 include:
- Heated front seats
- A panoramic sunroof
- Illuminated vanity mirrors on the sun visors
- Stainless-steel pedal caps
- A sport steering wheel with shift paddles and S badging
If you upgrade to the Premium Plus or Prestige trims, you gain access to even more interior features, such as a leather-wrapped gear selector.
Technology in the Audi S5 Coupe
The Audi S5 hosts a number of standard tech features. Audi gives its vehicles an easy-to-use interface that includes an expansive virtual cockpit that reflects the physical cockpit you see in front of you along the dash.
Some of the tech features that you will find inside of the 2019 lineup include:
- Bluetooth compatibility and streaming
- Audi pre sense city and basic
- Audi drive select
- A 7-inch driver information screen
- A 7-inch MMI center infotainment display
- Cruise control
- Voice recognition
- Audi connect CARE assistance and security services
- An Audi sound system and interface
Of course, the 2017 and 2018 models come with a lot of the same standard features. Just bear in mind that automobile technology is a rapidly growing field, so many minor and a few major things will likely keep changing between model years.
The base sound system is particularly noteworthy with its 10 speakers that pump concert-like sound throughout the vehicle. As you move up the trim level ladder, you can upgrade to an even more stellar sound system.
If you want the navigation system, you will have to upgrade to the Premium Plus, which has the MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch included. The line-topping Prestige adds a head-up display that shows you navigation information.
Safety Features of the Audi S5 Coupe
Whether you get a 2017, 2018, or 2019 model, you will find that each one offers most of the same safety features. The 2019 lineup has them in abundance. There are safety features such as:
- A rearview camera
- An electromechanical parking brake
- A tire pressure monitoring system
- Vehicle immobilizer
- A safety belt reminder for the driver and front seat passenger
- Audi side assist and pre sense with rear cross-traffic alert and vehicle exit assist
A top view camera with parking assist comes on the Prestige, allowing the driver to view what is happening around the vehicle while they go to park it. This virtual vantage point helps keep the Audi S5 clear of other cars in the area.
Driving the Audi S5 Coupe
As a luxury sport vehicle, there is no denying that the Audi S5 Coupe is fun to drive. Even just test-driving one can make for a thrilling time. It is one of the best cars in terms of its driving performance.
The acceleration is incredibly smooth and responsive, and the transmission makes it so that upshifts are barely felt. It's impressive how quickly the car gets up to speed. You might not even be aware that you are speeding—that's how fast it happens.
The automatic 8-speed transmission works well overall with the 3.0-liter V-6 turbocharged engine, which is easily able to produce an impressive 349 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. This engine certainly offers plenty of power for a car like the S5. Also, the Quattro system helps this car stick to the road in all kinds of inclement weather.
Steering feels effortless, although there is not a whole lot of feedback through the wheel regarding grip performance. Still, handling shows impeccable control, and the brakes feel secure, taking little time to get the vehicle to stop.
Should You Buy a New 2019 Audi S5 Coupe?
The 2019 Audi S5 Coupe gives you the option of buying a base Premium trim, which is the most cost-effective of the three. It is well-stocked with features, and this auto has the same engine and transmission as the other trims.
Should You Buy a Used Audi S5 Coupe?
You can shave a few thousand dollars off the price by opting for a 2017 or 2018 S5. This might help you more easily afford the Premium Plus or Prestige instead of the Premium. The problem with the 2017 is that there is no USB port available.
Also, it lacks some of the other features you will find standard on the 2018 and 2019 models.
How Much Does the New 2019 Audi S5 Coupe Cost?
The new 2019 model has a starting MSRP that is typical for its segment. However, the price of an Audi S5 Coupe can shoot up if you get the line-topping trim and add on a bunch of optional features and packages.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Audi S5 Coupe
- Virtual technology is easy to use
- Audi connect CARE service
- Quickly gets up to speed
- Has a smooth ride quality
- Minimal interior storage
- Minimized cargo space
Audi released the first S5 coupe and the A5 at the same time, way back in 2007. Audi designed the S5 to be an athletic alternative to the A5.
The S5 received its power from a strong 4.2-liter V-8 engine, which produced 354 hp. In 2010, Audi added a supercharged 3.0-liter engine to the lineup, giving buyers several stellar engine options.
In 2016, Audi redesigned the Coupe by giving it wider rims, a curvier body, and an integrated air diffuser. Although the engine remained the same, Audi altered it slightly to get a higher top speed of 155 mph. The Audi S5 Coupe also now has a faster acceleration speed.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Audi S5 Coupe
- Body Style
- quattro Coupe
- 3.0L TFSI 6 Cylinder
- 349 hp
- 8-Speed Tiptronic Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Convenience Package -inc: Audi pre sense rear, Alarm System w/Motion Sensors, SiriusXM All Access Service, 3-month trial subscription, Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors, Audi Advanced Key, keyless engine start/stop and doors and trunk entry, Driver Seat Memory, Audi Side Assist
- Engine: 3.0L TFSI 6 Cylinder -inc: energy recuperation system w/start-stop
- Transmission: 8-Speed Tiptronic Automatic
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 2.85 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 75-Amp/Hr 420CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Sport Tuned Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 15.3 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" x 8.5" 5-Double-Spoke-Star Design -inc: Audi Sport
- Tires: P245/40R18 97Y Summer Performance
- Wheels w/Machined w/Painted Accents Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Insert
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Chrome Door Handles
- Metal-Look Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Aero-Composite Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi Sound System -inc: 10 speakers, 6-channel amplifier, 180 watts, USB Audi music interface, Audi smartphone interface (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay), Bluetooth preparation for mobile phone and HD Radio technology
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front S Sport Seats -inc: 8-way power front seats, 4-way power lumbar, power side bolsters and massage function
- 10-Way Driver Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 10-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 40-20-40 Folding Bucket Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Fixed Rear Windows
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Piano Black/Chrome Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Alcantara Simulated Suede Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather/Alcantara Seating Surfaces -inc: Diamond stitched
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Fixed Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi connect CARE Emergency Sos
- Audi pre sense basic
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera