Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- New Premium trim level lowers the entry price
- Strong performance from turbocharged V6
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Luxurious interior
- Engaging driving experience
2019 Audi S4: Everything You Need to Know
About the Audi S4:
The Audi S4 is a high-performance version of the standard Audi A4 four-door sedan. Compared to the A4, the S4 has a more powerful engine, a sport-tuned suspension, and more aggressive styling.
While the A4 targets urban professionals, the S4 goes after drivers who enjoy a more pulse-raising commute.
What’s New in the 2019 Audi S4?
There is only one big change for the 2019 Audi S4. A new Premium trim level has been added. It’s actually an entry-level model that gives the S4 a lower base price. But it still comes with 18-inch wheels with high-performance tires, a sport suspension, and diamond-stitched sport seats with power adjustable bolsters and a massage function.
The Audi S4 comes in three trim levels: Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. Premium includes the 354-horsepower V6 engine, all-wheel drive, and an eight-speed automatic transmission. Sport seats, 18-inch wheels and tires, and a sport-tuned suspension are also part of this trim.
Premium Plus adds the MMI infotainment system with an 8.3-inch screen, Audi’s “Virtual Cockpit,” remote start, keyless trunk release, Audi Pre Sense Rear, and a wireless charging pad. Prestige models include adaptive cruise control, a head-up display, a Bang and Olufsen audio system, overhead view cameras, and active lane assist.
What Does the 2019 Audi S4 Compete With?
The 2019 Audi S4 challenges the following sport sedans:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Audi S4
Like the Audi A4, the S4 has classic sedan lines that give it a graceful look from any angle. Some find Audi’s latest designs boring, but the S4 has just enough sharp angles to make it interesting. Styling cues unique to the S4 include aluminum side mirrors, a gray grille with aluminum accents, quad exhaust outlets, and a small spoiler on the trunk lid. All of them are subtle changes that blend in with the S4’s conservative look.
Interior Style in the 2019 Audi S4
Audi is well-known for its high-quality interiors. The current S4 is no exception. Everything looks and feels expensive. From the quilted seats to the metal trim on the dash, it’s a cabin that makes passengers feel special.
Passenger room is about average for the class. The S4 will seat four adults but there’s not much room to stretch out. The driver and front passenger seats have excellent support and even a massage function. The trunk is on the small side, so large suitcases are a tight fit.
Audi’s infotainment system, called MMI, is one of the better systems on the market. It uses a central controller located just ahead of the shifter to scroll through menus. It’s easy to reach and the screen on the top of the dash has crisp, readable graphics.
There are two cupholders squeezed into the console in front of the MMI controller. Larger drinks don’t fit very well. There’s not much storage space either. But there are a couple small bins that will hold cell phones.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Audi S4?
There’s a long list of technology features for the Audi S4, including the following options:
- MMI Infotainment System: Uses an 8.3-inch screen mounted on the dash, and a round controller on the center console. It’s a great system that’s easy to use and has many useful functions. The S4 supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Virtual Cockpit: Replaces the gauges in front of the driver with a large reconfigurable screen. This projects information such as driving directions and vehicle data. It also displays speed and fuel range.
- Head-up Display: Projects information onto the windshield
- Bang and Olufsen audio system
- On-board WiFi
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Audi S4?
All Audi S4 models comes standard with Audi Pre Sense City. This is an active safety system that can detect vehicles or pedestrians and warn drivers. Or it can stop the vehicle if speeds are below 25 mph.
Optional safety systems include:
- Pre Sense Rear: Stops car from backing into a car or person at slow speeds
- Active Lane Assist: Warns driver if the car veers from its lane
- Rear Cross Traffic Assist: Lets driver know if a vehicle is coming from the side in a parking lot
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Maintains speed and distance from the car in front
- Road Sign Recognition: Reads and displays traffic signs in the Virtual Cockpit
What is the 2019 Audi S4 Like to Drive?
The S4 may look tame on the outside, but it’s a serious performance sedan. Between its all-wheel drive and 354-horsepower engine, the S4 has exceptional acceleration at nearly any speed. Handling is also another strong point as the sport-tuned suspension and sharp steering make for a car that responds instantly to driver inputs. Good brakes and plenty of grip from the performance tires give drivers the confidence to have fun on twisty roads.
Standard all-wheel drive also makes the S4 a good choice for sport-sedan buyers who need to power through occasional snow.
The EPA rates the S4 sedan’s fuel economy at 21 mpg for city driving, and 30 mpg on the highway. That results in a combined average of 24 mpg.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Audi S4?
The latest Audi S4 has a combination of performance and comfort that’s hard to beat. Add in its tech and safety features, and this is one of the best sport sedans in its class.
Should I buy a Used 2019 Audi S4? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
There are previous generation Audi S4s with V8 engines and manual transmissions that are coveted by enthusiasts. Maintenance costs can be expensive though.
How Much Does the New 2019 Audi S4 Cost?
The new-for-2019 S4 Premium model starts at $51,195. The S4 goes to $55,495 for the Premium Plus. The top Prestige trim costs $58,795. The S4 isn’t exactly cheap, but shoppers looking for stealthy performance will be hard-pressed to find better.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Audi S4
- Strong performance in every respect
- Beautiful cabin design and exceptional build quality
- Understated design that doesn’t draw attention to its performance
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Cabin is tight for four adults
- Trunk is on the small side for the class
- More advanced safety equipment is optional
The History of 2019 Audi S4: More Powerful Brother
Originally introduced in the early ‘90s, the Audi S4 is now in its sixth generation. Always a more powerful, more aggressive version of the standard A4, the S4 built a reputation as a fast car that flies under the radar because of its understated styling.
Like all S4s before it, the current S4 is built in Audi’s plant in Ingolstadt, Germany.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Audi S4
- Body Style
- quattro Sedan
- 3.0L TFSI Twin-Scroll Turbo DOHC V6
- 349 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic Tiptronic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Convenience Package -inc: Audi Side Assist, rear cross traffic assist, Audi Pre Sense Rear, Alarm System w/Motion Sensors, SiriusXM All Access Service, complimentary 90 day subscription, Driver's Seat Memory, Audi Advanced Key, keyless engine start/stop and entry - doors and trunk
- Engine: 3.0L TFSI Twin-Scroll Turbo DOHC V6 -inc: Audi valvelift system
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic Tiptronic
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 2.85 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 80-Amp/Hr 420CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Regenerative 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Sport Tuned Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 15.3 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 8.5" x 18" 5-Double-Spoke-Star Design
- Tires: 245/40R18 Summer
- Aluminum Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Colored Rub Strip/Fascia Accent and Metal-Look Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Bodyside Insert
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Metal-Look Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Colored Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi Sound System -inc: USB Audi music interface w/Audi smartphone interface (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay), Audi connect CARE (limited time subscription) and preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Glove Box Mounted Single Remote CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- 10 Speakers
- 180w Regular Amplifier
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Heated Front S Sport Seats -inc: 8-way power front seats, driver 4-way power lumbar adjustment, power side bolsters and massage function
- 12-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Cushion Extension
- 12-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Cushion Extension
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Chrome/Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Leather/Alcantara Seat Trim -inc: diamond stitching
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim, Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim and Vinyl/Rubber Mat
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Audi connect CARE Tracker System
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi connect CARE Emergency Sos
- Audi pre sense basic
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera