Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Powerful 3.0-liter, V6 engine
- Audi Connect integration
- Athletic styling
- MMI infotainment system with dual touchscreens
- Very latest in technology, luxury and performance
2019 Audi Q8: Everything You Need to Know
The full-size Audi Q8 sits atop the German automaker’s growing truck lineup. It was introduced for the 2019 model year. Audi’s flagship SUV is larger than the brand’s bestselling model, the mid-size Q5 SUV. It’s smaller than the three-row Q7 SUV.
Though it is more compact than the Q7, the five-passenger Q8 costs more due to its focus on luxury rather than family travel. The Q8 is the ultimate Audi for shoppers seeking a powerful engine, smooth ride, luxurious interior, and spacious cabin.
What’s New in the 2019 Audi Q8?
The Audi Q8 was introduced in the 2019 model year. As Audi’s flagship SUV, it adds to the long list of features already offered in the brand’s other light trucks. The Q8 shares a wheelbase with the Q7 but measures shorter, lower, and wider. The extra width means more legroom room in the backseat. The second row fits three passengers but sits two adults more comfortably. The 2019 Audi Q8 is available in three different versions with ever-increasing levels of content: premium, premium plus, and prestige.
Exterior colors include Pure White, Night Black, Dragon Orange, Floret Silver, Galaxy Blue, Glacier White, Navarra Blue, Orca Black, and Daytona Grey. There are four different interior schemes.
What Does the Audi Q8 Compete With?
Audi Q8’s top competitors include:
Audi designed the Q8 for luxury customers at the top of the market seeking a refined cabin, elegant exterior, and powerful ride.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Audi Q8
New for 2019, the Audi Q8 crosses the brand’s sleek, sophisticated silhouette with a compact, muscular stance. It showcases athletic, sports coupe-like styling without the typical sloping roofline that reduces interior space.
The SUV features an aggressive face with LED headlights and a bold single-frame grille with vertical chrome struts. All models come equipped with a panoramic sunroof and 20-inch wheels. These can be upgraded to 21- or 22 inches. The SUV’s commemorative Year One package adds a black grille and trim plus black gloss 22-inch wheels.
Interior Style in the 2019 Audi Q8
The 2019 Audi Q8’s interior mixes sophistication and comfort. The SUV comes with the brand’s latest MMI touch response system routed through a pair of high-resolution screens. The 10.1-inch upper display controls the SUV’s navigation and infotainment functions. The 8.6-inch lower display governs climate and other inputs. The system comes with an easy-to-use handwriting recognition function. This allows users to input information faster than by punching buttons via the keypad.
The Audi Q8 boasts a spacious cabin with comfortable seating for five adults. Leather upholstery comes standard in the Premium trim. Buyers can add a leather dashboard and leather-padded armrests. All models come equipped with heated and 8-way power adjustable driver and passenger seats. Upgrades include a heated back seat and 12-way adjustable seating for the driver and passenger.
The $5,950 Luxury package adds massage and ventilation functions to the front seats. It also comes with memory functions for passenger seating, an Alcantara headliner, and premium Valcona leather upholstery.
Audi offers an array of interior colors accented by standard ash wood and aluminum trim. Standard strip lighting runs throughout the cabin, and buyers can upgrade to multi-color ambient lights.
Interior storage options include a deep, covered center console, front and rear cupholders, a glovebox, and pockets behind the driver and passenger seats. The SUV’s back row features a split-folding 40/20/40 design to accommodate larger cargo.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 Audi Q8?
The 2019 Audi Q8 features Audi’s MMI infotainment system with 10.1- and 8.6-inch touch screens. All models get Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality. This is enhanced by navigation, satellite radio, HD Radio.
A quartet of USB ports and power outlets in both rows completes the capabilities. Base models come with a 10-speaker stereo system. Upgraded trims offer either a 17- or 23-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system.
Buyers considering rival SUVs would need to purchase upgraded packages to get many of these features.
The Q8’s upper trims adds 12-way power adjustable and ventilated front seats and four-zone automatic climate control. A wireless device charging and heads-up display are also offered.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Audi Q8?
The Audi Q8 offers a suite of driver-assistance safety features. This data is collected from two dozen sensors located through the car to detect and avoid collisions. Standard features include a rearview camera, front and rear parking sensors, and Audi Pre-sense city. This package includes forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and pedestrian detection.
Optional features for the Q8 include adaptive cruise control, a 360-degree camera, and traffic sign recognition. Automatic high beams, which engage low or high beams based on driving conditions. The Q8 also offers blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, and a night vision assistant.
What is the 2019 Audi Q8 like to drive?
The 2019 Audi Q8 runs on a 335-horsepower, 3.0-liter V6 engine and Audi’s 48-volt, mild hybrid battery technology. The SUV’s standard eight-speed automatic transmission and quattro all-wheel drive provide a smooth, comfortable ride even in sand or mud. The Q8 comes with four drive modes – comfort, auto, dynamic and individual – to tune its performance to the terrain. An optional adaptive air suspension system adjusts the SUV’s ride height for more ground clearance on rocky and other challenging conditions.
The Q8’s ride is quiet, comfortable and plush. There’s ample head- and legroom for adult passengers. Slim pillars provide clear visibility on the road.
Should I Buy a 2019 Audi Q8?
Luxury customers looking for a powerful SUV delivering consistent performance and reliability should consider the 2019 Audi Q8. You’ll get ample interior space, comfortable seating, and a smooth, enjoyable ride. With its robust engine, precise handling, and eye-catching silhouette, the Q8 commands a powerful on-road presence. It’s one of the most luxurious SUVs money can buy.
Should I buy a Used Audi Q8? Are There Any I Should Avoid? The Audi Q8 was introduced to the U.S. market for the 2019 model year.
How Much Does the 2019 Audi Q8 Cost?
The 2019 Audi Q8 comes in three trims. The base model, called Premium, starts at $67,400. The mid-range Premium Plus trim begins at $71,400. The top-of-the-line Prestige version starts at $76,550. Buyers can customize the SUV’s interior and exterior with add-ons ranging in price from $700 to $12,600.
With its powerful engine, muscular grille, chiseled lines, extensive infotainment options, and safety features, the Q8 delivers a superior driving experience.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Audi Q8
- Powerful engine with hybrid technology
- Long list of standard safety and technology features
- Audi’s MMI infotainment system with handwriting recognition
- Easily accessible touchscreens and buttons
- Below-average fuel economy
- No third row
- Back row may not fit three adults comfortably
- Infotainment system can be complicated to learn
Audi introduced the full-size Audi Q8 for the 2019 model year. The model is the brand’s flagship SUV. It’s a higher-end and yet more compact alternative to the mid-size and three-row utility vehicles in its portfolio. The Q8 packages the brand’s most advanced performance and technology.
The automaker first showed a concept for the vehicle in January 2017 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Audi began teasing a production version of the Q8 with a five-episode miniseries the following year. The SUV went on sale in spring 2019.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Audi Q8
- Body Style
- quattro Sport Utility
- 3.0 TFSI 6 Cylinder 24-Valve DOHC 335 HP
- 335 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic w/Tiptronic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0 TFSI 6 Cylinder 24-Valve DOHC 335 HP -inc: Audi valvelift system and variable valve timing
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic w/Tiptronic
- Axle Ratio: TBA
- GVWR: 6,471 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 68-Amp/Hr 380CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Regenerative Alternator
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 22.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 20" 5-Arm Design
- Tires: 275/50R20 All-Season
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Metal-Look Bodyside Insert and Body-Colored Wheel Well Trim
- Metal-Look Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi Music Interface -inc: front and rear USB ports (data and charge), Audi connect CARE, PRIME & PLUS (limited time description), MMI navigation plus w/MMI touch response, Audi sound system, Audi smartphone interface (wired Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay), Alexa integration and SiriusXM all access service (w/3-month trial subscription)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Real-Time Traffic Display
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way power front seats w/driver 4-way power lumbar and driver memory
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Audi connect 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Piano Black Console Insert and Aluminum/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Roll-Up Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi Connect Care and Prime & Plus Emergency Sos
- Audi parking system Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Audi pre sense front
- Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera