Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Powerful 3.0-liter V6 engine
- Luxury interior
- Large suite of safety technology
- Relatively affordable for its class
2019 Audi Q7: Everything You Need to Know
About the Audi Q7
The 2019 Audi Q7 is the second generation of Audi’s full-size SUV. Audi debuted the redesigned Q7 in 2015, but production didn’t start until 2017. The Q7 is part of Audi’s growing lineup of SUVs in various classes.
The 2019 Q7 shares its engine and chassis with a handful of Audi cars. The Q7 chassis is also used by Porsche, Lamborghini, and Bentley. The 2019 Audi Q7 is available with two engines: a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that develops 248 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque; or a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 with 329 horsepower and 325 pound feet of torque. Both are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and Audi’s Quattro all-wheel drive.
The Audi Q7 delivers a spacious and luxurious interior. It can hold up to seven people in its three-row configuration. And customers can individualize their SUV extensively through Audi’s host of available options. The Q7 also comes standard with a suite of up-to-date technology and safety systems.
In the 2019 Audi Q7, you can see Audi’s commitment to luxury and precision in everything you touch and interact with. This commitment is what sets the Q7 apart from many of its competitors.
What’s New in the 2019 Audi Q7?
The second-generation Audi Q7 debuted in 2017 and is already quite up to date. Audi does offer slightly updated features for 2019, including:
- Standard navigation
- Available Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Optional top-view camera
- LED head and tail lights higher trims
- Dynamic turn signals
- Available wireless charging
Audi also offers an updated Convenience package for all models, which now includes Audi’s Side Assist and Pre-Sense Rear Assist. Audi’s Parking Assist technology is now included with the Driver’s Assistance package. New 21-inch wheels, either in black or silver, can also be optioned.
The 2019 Audi Q7 is available in three trims, each of which can be optioned with either the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder or turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engines.
- Premium: This model includes Audi Pre Sense Basic, Pre Sense Front, Navigation Plus, panoramic sunroof, keyless start, hands-free tailgate, power folding third-row seat.
- Premium Plus: This trim adds a Bose surround sound system, Audi Virtual Cockpit, Side Assist, Pre-Sense Rear, top-view camera, wireless charging, and a phone-signal booster.
- Prestige: This adds 20-inch gray/polished wheels, LED interior lighting, Warm Weather package with four-zone climate control and front seat ventilation, head-up display, and Driver Assistance package. This trim also comes with lane-keeping assist, Audi Parking Assist, automatic high-beams, and adaptive cruise control with traffic sign recognition.
What Does the 2019 Audi Q7 Compete With?
The Audi Q7 competes with the following full-size SUVs:
Though the luxury SUV segment isn’t as crowded as the more in-demand crossover and affordable full-size SUV fields, the competition is ruthless. Here, Audi competes against some of the most well-engineered machines available. As such, it’s hard to choose between the SUVs based on just options and features. The Audi Q7, however, edges ahead of much of the competition with its subdued exterior styling and a relatively affordable price tag.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Audi Q7
The 2019 Audi Q7 adopts Audi’s new Global Design Language that’s present in the company’s entire lineup. The goal of this program is to bring forward-thinking design and an emphasis on technology to the entire brand.
Like its sedan and crossover siblings, the Q7 sports a geometric front end. A central hexagonal grille bisects twin LED pentagonal headlights. The lower part of the fascia holds fog lights and brake cooling ducts. The sides of the Q7 remain flat. The rear is similarly conservative, with twin exhaust exits, twin LED tail lights, and a small roof-mounted spoiler. The 2019 Audi Q7 is a master class in subdued design.
Audi offers six different wheel designs for the Q7. However, 2.0-liter-powered Q7’s can only be equipped with three of the six offerings. Wheel sizes include 18-inch, 19-inch, 20-inch, 21-inch, and a 22-inch, five-spoke design with a titanium finish.
Interior Design of the 2019 Audi Q7
Similarly, the interior of the Q7 follows the exterior’s careful conservativism. Inside is a well-designed cockpit with the buttons, screens, and controls all angled toward the driver.
The dash comes in two flavors, a base system, and Audi’s digital Virtual Cockpit. Both are easily read and navigated from the driver’s seat. The optional Virtual Cockpit is configurable, per the driver’s preferred readouts. The Q7’s steering wheel features a small number of buttons to control the vehicle’s systems and screens.
The dash has a smaller-than-average pop-up LCD screen with audio, phone, apps, and navigation controls. The system is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible as standard. Situated lower are the controls for the HVAC system, heated seats, and window defrosters. The central column between the driver and passenger holds the shifter, touchpad, two cup holders, and the Q7’s electronic parking brake.
The Audi Q7 comes with powered and heated front seats. In the second row, Audi offers a 60/40 split bench seat, as well as LATCH attachments for child seats. There’s also a flat-folding third row.
What Technology Comes With the 2019 Audi Q7?
Audi’s buyers are looking for an SUV with a full suite of today’s latest technology, and the Q7 delivers. The Audi Q7 comes standard with:
- 8.3-inch TFT infotainment display
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 4G-LTE Wi-Fi
- AM/FM/XM audio
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Two USB ports
Optional tech equipment includes:
- Bose 3D 19-speaker sound system
- Bang & Olufsen 3D premium audio with 23 speakers
- Audi Virtual Cockpit
- Head-up display
- Wireless charging with signal booster
What Kind of Safety Features Are in the 2019 Audi Q7?
The Audi Q7 includes standard advanced safety features such as:
- Pre-collision assist
- Pedestrian detection
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
Optional safety equipment includes:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Active lane assist
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
- Night vision assist
- Vehicle exit assist
- Auto adaptive LED headlights
What’s the 2019 Audi Q7 Like to Drive?
The 2019 Audi Q7 rides on Volkswagen’s MLB chassis architecture. This underpins a number of Audi’s cars and a few of Volkswagen’s more prestigious and performance-oriented SUVs. Audi’s Q7 benefits from this kinship.
Behind the Audi’s wheel, there’s a directness fed back from the tires that’s appreciated from such a large SUV. Whereas others in its class numb the steering feel to provide a more reclusive experience, the Q7 is more driver-centric. Because of the tight and direct handling, the Q7 feels very car-like with little traditional SUV body roll.
Yet the Q7’s directness doesn’t intrude on the luxury experience. Audi made sure that while the response is felt, it isn’t overly intrusive. Furthering the Q7’s luxury experience is the well-insulated interior. Both road and wind noise are barely noticed, though thicker tires would go quite some way in reducing the little road noise that is heard.
Audi’s Quattro all-wheel-drive system makes inclement weather easy to tackle, though we recommend winter tires for anyone in snowy climates. As a daily commuter, a sporty SUV, or a capable hauler, the Q7 can do the job and is always ready for more.
Should I Buy a 2019 Audi Q7?
The new Audi Q7 is an admirable take on the luxury SUV segment. It features all the safety and technology customers look for. However, the interior and exterior are somewhat plain in their design. As such, the Q7 doesn’t feel as special as its price tag might command. Still, for those wanting a less flashy luxury SUV experience, but who still like all the bells and whistles, the Q7 is a great choice.
Should I Buy a Used Audi Q7?
Audis, like most German luxury vehicles, can be expensive to repair. Given the high degree of precise tolerances, if the car isn’t maintained correctly, it can often have issues when mileage gets high. That said, Audis are more reliable than some of their counterparts. The previous generation Q7 was a good car, and if you’re looking at one, we’d suggest that you find a warrantied or certified pre-owned example.
How Much Does the Audi Q7 Cost?
The 2019 Audi Q7 is available now with prices starting at $54,545 for the base Q7, including destination charge. The top Prestige trim with a few options will climb past the $70,000 mark.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Audi Q7
- Host of standard and available safety systems
- Available all-wheel steering
- Relatively inexpensive starting price for the class
- Panoramic sunroof
- Three-row seating
- No hybrid or EV option
- Lower standard power compared to some rivals
- Limited color options
- Not as much cargo space as some competitors
The History of the Audi Q7: More than a decade of the Q7
The Audi Q7 has a rather short history. Development began in 2002 based on the Porsche Cayenne architecture. However, the Q7 didn’t debut to the public until 2007. One key distinction between the Cayenne and Q7 was that Audi offered the only series-production diesel V12 engine ever.
After its debut, the Q7 quickly became one of Audi’s best-selling automobiles, in both Europe and the United States. However, sales did trickle off as the model aged. That said, the Q7’s success, and the reinvigorated public demand for crossovers and SUVs, demanded that Audi build a second generation, which debuted at the Detroit Auto Show in 2015.
While the first-generation Audi Q7 shared chassis and engine architecture with just the Porsche Cayenne, the second generation shares its architecture with the new Cayenne, as well as the Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q8, Audi A8, Audi A4, Audi A5, Audi A7, Bentley Bentayga, and Lamborghini Urus. The second-generation Q7 was originally supposed to be offered with a diesel in the U.S. market, but Volkswagen’s emissions scandal canceled the project.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Audi Q7
- Body Style
- quattro Sport Utility
- 2.0L TFSI 4 Cylinder DOHC
- 248 hp
- 8-Speed Automatic w/Tiptronic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L TFSI 4 Cylinder DOHC -inc: Audi valvelift system
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic w/Tiptronic
- 3.76 Axle Ratio
- GVWR: 6,479 lbs
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Regenerative 180 Amp Alternator
- 68-Amp/Hr 380CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Towing Equipment -inc: Trailer Sway Control
- 1367lbs. Maximum Payload
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 22.5 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Polished Tailpipe Finisher
- Permanent Locking Hubs
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Descent Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" 5-Arm Design
- Tires: 255/60R18 All-Season
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st And 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Metal-Look Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Metal-Look Bodyside Insert and Body-Colored Wheel Well Trim
- Metal-Look Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Fixed Interval Wiper and Defroster
- Deep Tinted Glass
- Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Aluminum Panels
- Lip Spoiler
- Metal-Look Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Roof Rack Rails Only
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi MMI Navigation Plus -inc: Audi sound system, USB Audi music interface w/Audi smartphone interface (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay) and preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 10 Speakers
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Audi Real-Time Traffic Real-Time Traffic Display
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way power front seats w/driver memory and lumbar
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 35-30-35 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing Manual Reclining Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat w/Manual Fore/Aft
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and Fixed 3rd Row Windows
- Audi connect PLUS Mobile Hotspot Internet Access
- Fixed 50-50 Bench Leather 3rd Row Seat Front, Power Fold Into Floor, 2 Manual and Adjustable Head Restraints
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Aluminum/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Driver And Front Passenger Armrests and Rear Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 5 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) And Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi connect CARE Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Audi pre sense basic
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st, 2nd And 3rd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera