Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- High horsepower combined with a powerful V-6 engine
- Quattro all-wheel drive
- The epitome of luxury and innovative technology
- Predictive suspension with HD Matrix, LED headlights
When luxury meets modernization and size, the Audi A8 L is born. With an above-average cabin size, hence the "L," this car yields to no one and will test everyone's love for elegance. This Audi further comes with a single trim that has a 3.0-liter, turbocharged V-6 engine.
Moreover, the popular Quattro all-wheel drive allows the driver to easily maneuver the enormous sedan. The 2019 A8 L seats five people who can enjoy the industry-leading luxury. Just glancing over the dashboard should be enough to get the feel for the brand's next-level thinking.
The car has an infotainment system that offers apps like Google Earth and an MMI touch-response system. Don’t forget about the enormous screens for every seat and the panoramic sunroof that lets natural light in.
What's New in the Audi A8 L?
Other than two extra horsepower that the new A8 has, Audi has made no notable changes to the vehicle since 2018.
Special Features of the Audi A8 L
In the world of super-luxury sedan cars, one of Audi A8 L’s most notable characteristics includes the fact that it has 3D surround sound in the entry-level model. Moreover, the A8 has intersection assist.
Audi also allows its buyers to select an optional rear matrix LED reading light. This is a feature that's hard to find in competitors.
It is important to take note of the dynamic all-wheel Quattro steering that the A8 has. One downside, however, is the seemingly undersized trunk of the A8.
Nevertheless, saying that Audi is light years ahead of most other super-luxury vehicles is not a far-reaching statement. Those who do not believe this can just look at the technology inside the auto or its road performance.
Audi A8 L Exterior Design Overview
Audi's slogan for the A8 L is "Meant to Cause a Scene." Rightly so. After all, anyone who witnesses this 208.7-inch-long monster with a 123.1-inch wheelbase will undoubtedly have to look twice.
To further enforce the width of the vehicle, Audi equipped all standard models with a light bar above the taillights. Its main purpose is to act as an aggressive OLED finish that has a choreographed dance of light during locking or unlocking. Similarly, the rear turning signals have a three-dimensional shape that lights up in an outward direction.
In case you wonder how to recognize this 2019 epitome of luxury from the front, look no further than the headlights. The HD Matrix design has LED headlights that allow the driver to preserve power during the day with a daytime running mode.
When analyzing the body of the car, you may notice a few elements of the illusion of movement. For instance, there is a minor tilt in the tail section that goes across the A8 Audi. This helps make the sedan appear to be moving forward even when parked.
Sports car enthusiasts will also find the new grille quite appealing. Besides being lower on the front end, it is now much wider and takes a unique shape that the 2017 model introduced.
As with the rest of the detailing on the vehicle, the grille is also angled. The idea here was to offer another point of three-dimensional construction that puts an emphasis on the headlights.
Interior Design of the Audi A8 L
As impressive as the exterior of the A8 Audi is, it is nothing more than the tip of an iceberg. This is because people who like lengthy sedans with enormous cabins have already seen cars of this size. The interior, on the other hand, is where the real magic begins.
One of the latest additions that is invisible to the naked eye is the so-called air ionizer. The purpose of this tool is to fill the interior with negatively charged molecules.
As a consequence, the overall amount of allergens like dust is lower. To get a frame of reference, there is quite literally no other vehicle on the planet that has a feature that is even remotely similar.
Of course, the rest of the interior features will probably distract the riders from looking for dust. For instance, four of the seats in the vehicle have a touch-response screen in front of them. Anyone riding in the back will have access to a 10.1-inch tablet that detaches.
Leaving the tablet on the stand will not prevent you from controlling it because there is a 5.7-inch smart remote hidden between the two back seats. The passenger in the front will also have access to a double MMI touch-response infotainment center. This, combined with the mix of wood and piano-black panels, helps the car's interior leave a lasting impression.
Technology in the Audi A8 L
To make the A8 L experience long-lasting, Audi packed it with some of the most innovative technology that exists. One of the most notable upgrades includes the virtual cockpit that turns the dashboard into an interactive screen. This is where apps like Google Earth help with navigation.
Also, anyone driving the standard model will find that all screens are touch-operated. This is because Audi implemented the MMI system in almost every version of its 2019 lineup. So, the driver can customize his or her experience by going from a speedometer layout to a more casual infotainment look.
Those who are riding in the back of an A8 Audi might mistake it for a first-class airplane. This is because the auto lets riders change everything from the climate to seating positions via smart remote control. The driver can further change things like audio by just talking to the auto via voice control.
The 2019 model of A8 has not received a review from the NHTSA yet. When looking at the 2018 or 2017 models, however, there do not seem to be too many upgrades to the 2019 version. Some of the key features still include:
- Multiple cameras that scan the environment and prevent collisions
- Parking system supported by front and rear acoustic sensors
- Six advanced airbags that passed every internal safety test
- Rearview camera
- Electronic stability control with secondary brake assist during collisions
- Anti-lock brake system
- Electromechanical brake for parking
Depending on the package and trim, buyers can also choose to have:
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Dual-pane glass that is acoustic
- A virtual camera that provides a 360 view to help with parking and maneuvering in small spaces
- Advanced windshield system with adaptive windscreen
- Adaptive turn, traffic jam, and even cruise assist
- Virtual recognition of traffic signs to help the driver stay more alert
Driving the Audi A8 L
The fact that the new A8 L is one of the best super-luxury cars on the market is not exactly news to most experienced drivers. With the 2019 A8, however, practically every aspect of comfort, speed, and performance entered a new level.
The 335-horsepower, V-6 turbocharged engine and Audi's all-wheel-drive give it a muscle-car feeling. In other words, a light tap on the gas pedal will be enough to get the speed up to 60 in only 5.6 seconds. The transmission, which can be automatic or manual, carries eight speeds, so drivers who want to test their gear-shifting abilities can do so.
The performance is further amplified by the adaptive air suspension and intuitive sensors. Thus, if there is a slight bump on the road, the likelihood of rapidly hitting it is borderline nonexistent.
Additionally, the 2019 Audi has three interior packages that include the executive, executive rear seat comfort, and luxury. Some of the upgraded features that come with these include:
- Side assist exist warning
- Chrome exterior
- Four-spoke multifunction steering wheel
- Full-size center console covered in premium leather
- Rear Matrix LED lights for reading
- Aluminum optic buttons
- Premium air quality
Therefore, the feeling of driving the new A8 beats the vast majority of super-luxury, oversized sedans in the market. Even its top competitors like Mercedes and BMW would have trouble keeping up with all the technological upgrades.
Buying a New Audi A8 L
Similar to other vehicles in its class, the 2019 Audi has a reputable combined fuel economy of 21.7 miles per gallon. To be fair, this is not the most mind-blowing upgrade from its 2018 model.
In fact, anyone who is looking to upgrade any models higher than A4 due to the fuel efficiency can terminate their search. Odds are, the A8 L will get fewer miles than the alternatives.
Nevertheless, people willing to trade a mile or two per gallon will receive the best version of the A8 invented. The fact that a lot of the latest upgrades are available with the standard model is another advantage. This means that drivers will not have to search for high-end trims to get all of their options.
Should You Buy a Used Audi A8 L?
Since a lot of the upgrades to the A8 are subtle in nature, those looking into a 2018 or older year model will still get a great auto. Although some minor changes to the body are available, none of them are revolutionary enough to completely rule out earlier versions of the car. So, as long as the previous owner has not misused it, an older A8 should still last a long time.
What Is the Price of the Audi A8 L?
The starting price for the standard package is $83,800. As with other models in this class, however, the cost can add up quickly depending on add-on packages. For instance, increasing the wheel size to 20 inches will add another $1,200 to the base price.
Some items, however, are available at no extra cost. For instance, adding a wooden inlay does not carry an extra cost. Likewise, every exterior color of the vehicle will carry the same price.
The best packages, however, will offset these savings as most of the marketable features on the Audi A8 L require an upcharge.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Audi A8 L
- Strong V-6 engine that offers outstanding performance and driving
- Ages well over time as most features are quite forward-thinking
- Incredibly spacious with premium features available to all riders
- No trade-off between power and maneuverability
- Most added features will increase the price
- The fuel efficiency is slightly below average for the class
- No safety reviews from the NHTSA
The original A8 was first mass-produced in 1994. Back then, the objective was to get a lighter frame compared to the other cars in the class.
However, the model did not become available in North America until half a decade later. Since then, however, Audi has been building itself as the reputable competitor in the market of extended sedans.
In 2000, Audi made the news by revamping the front of the A8. It did so by giving the vehicle larger and clearer headlights accompanied by a modified grille. These changes led to a series of top reviews that helped propel the model to the forefront of the market for a while.
It is also when Audi slowly reserved the rights to its famous Quattro all-wheel drive that nearly all new models come with.
Since then, Audi has made a dozen other complete upgrades that led to the A8 becoming an aggressive symbol of power. The brand has also focused on the road performance of the Audi A8 L, putting it at the top of its class.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Audi A8 L
- Body Style
- quattro LWB Sedan
- 3.0 TFSI 6 Cylinder
- 335 hp
- 8-Speed Auto w/Tiptronic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.0 TFSI 6 Cylinder
- Transmission: 8-Speed Auto w/Tiptronic
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.08 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 70-Amp/Hr Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- 4-Corner Auto-Leveling Suspension
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Height Adjustable Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 21.7 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Air Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Air Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" 15-Spoke
- Tires: 255/45R19 All-Season
- Aluminum Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Metallic Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Exterior Express Open/Close Tilting Glass 2nd Row Sunroof w/Power Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster and Power Blind
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Power Open And Close Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Washer and Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Door Auto-Latch
- Laminated Glass
- Radio: Audi MMI Navigation Plus -inc: natural voice control system, MMI touch response w/dual-center displays (10.3-inch upper and 8.6-inch lower) and haptic feedback, limited-time subscription to Audi connect CARE assistance and security services, 6-month trial subscription to Audi connect PRIME and Audi connect PLUS online services, Audi smartphone interface including Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto for compatible devices, HD radio technology, SiriusXM satellite radio w/90-Day Trial, Audi music interface w/front USB ports for data/charting and two USB ports for charging, Bluetooth streaming audio for compatible devices, Bluetooth wireless technology preparation for compatible devices
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System and 20 Gb Internal Memory
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Bang & Olufsen 3D Premium Sound System -inc: 16 speakers and 16 channel 730 watt amplifier
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Seats -inc: 18-way power front seats w/4-way power lumbar and driver memory
- 12-Way Driver Seat
- 12-Way Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows and w/Power Sun Blinds
- Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front And Rear Cigar Lighter(s)
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Proximity Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front And Rear Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation, Auxiliary Rear Heater, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood/Piano Black Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Piano Black Door Panel Insert, Leather/Genuine Wood Console Insert, Aluminum/Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Valetta Leather Seat Upholstery
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination and Illuminated Rear Visor Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Cargo Net
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors, Steering Wheel, Head Restraints, HVAC and Seatbelts
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Audi connect CARE Tracker System
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Heated Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Leather Back Material
- Power w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and w/Tilt Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Immobilizer III Engine Immobilizer
- 4 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi connect CARE Emergency Sos
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Audi pre sense basic
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera