Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Distinctive good-looking design
- Winner of the Luxury Car Award at the World Car Awards
- Packed with cutting-edge driver-focused technology and safety
Audi A7: Everything You Need To Know
What is the Audi A7?
The Audi A7 is a five-passenger hatchback sedan with stunning good looks and tons of some of the best technology on the road. It is built by the German company Audi, which is owned by the Volkswagen Group.
The 2019 Audi A7 is the second generation of the vehicle. Since it made its debut in the U.S. market in 2010, the “Sportback," or sporty hatchback, has won several awards including those from Edmunds, Kelley Blue Book, and the World Car Awards.
The Audi A7 comes in just one body style and engine. It gets a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine that makes 335 horsepower and 369-pound feet of torque. It also comes with Audi's latest all-wheel-drive system called Quattro Ultra. All engines are mated to a seven-speed automatic S-Tronic transmission. The Audi A7 gets an EPA estimated 29 miles per gallon combined.
There are three trim packages available for the Audi A7. They are:
- Premium: This package includes navigation, a sunroof, LED headlights, and contrast stitching on the seats.
- Premium Plus: This package includes Audi's phenomenal virtual cockpit, matrix LED headlights, a premium sound system, and a top-view camera with 360 views.
- Prestige: At this level, you get an added head-up display, ventilated front seats, laser headlights, power door closer, and a four-zone automatic climate control.
What’s New in the Audi A7?
The Audi A7 is all-new for 2019. It gets a new body, chassis, engine and all-wheel-drive system called Audi Quattro Ultra.
For 2019 Audi has outfitted all A7s with a new mild hybrid system that helps make the vehicle more fuel efficient. It’s a 48-volt system that powers the start/stop system in A7 and uses route data to help make the A7 more efficient.
What Does the Audi A7 Compete With?
The Audi A7 is relatively unique. It competes with a small handful of cars including:
The A7 is great for a family or professional who loves to have the latest technology and some of the best driving experiences. It is truly a driver’s car.
Exterior Design of the Audi A7
The Audi gets a new, more angular design on the exterior. It still has the signature sloping roofline that defined the segment years ago, but it also gets more hood creases and a widened grille making it look more aggressive on the road. The way the shoulder and hip lines meet at the rear give a sense of forward motion to the body design.
The A7 is like a sedan with more trunk space. Because it has a liftback design the entire rear window and door open up to allow access to the trunk. It combines the utility of a midsize sedan with coupe styling and comes with a standard power tailgate. The new A7 has an active spoiler at the rear that automatically deploys at 75 miles per hour.
As standard, the A7 gets 19-inch wheels. Larger 20- and 21-inch wheels are available as options. The A7 also gets power-adjustable, auto-dimming, power-folding, heated exterior side mirrors, with memory, as standard.
Interior Style in the Audi A7
While the A7 is based on the A6, it does not share any pieces from it on the outside. Inside, however, the A7 and A6 are identical in their dash layout and driver-centric form. You can choose from a variety of materials inside, including leather and natural wood.
One of the major highlights of the A7 and many of the modern-day Audi’s is the digital dash set up, known as the Virtual Cockpit (available on the Premium that makes it incredibly easy for the driver to make on-the-go adjustments to everything from the climate control and infotainment to the way the car drives on the road. The three-spoke wheel has integrated controls and
Contour lights run along the inside of the cabin and can be configured to any number of colors. As standard the A7 comes with the ambient lighting LED package. Customers can optionally upgrade the lighting package to the LED interior lighting plus package, which offers more than 900 color combinations.
The seats in the Audi A7 are comfortable and luxurious. The A7 comes, as standard with eight-way adjustable seats. The optional Individual Contour seating package adds more available adjustments and memory settings, cooling and heating, massage, and leather on the touchpoints. To get these seats, you must also choose the Warm Weather package which includes a four-zone climate control system and sunshades.
What Technology Comes in the Audi A7?
The Audi A7 is one of the most technologically advanced vehicles on the market today, and it is all centered around Audi's MMI Touch Response system.
Previous models used a rotary dial to access the infotainment, but Audi has replaced it with the new MMI Touch Response system with an 8.8-inch touch screen at the top of the center stack, and an 8.6-inch lower screen for text inputs. You can use your finger to write on the screen, and the system will recognize the letters you spell. It’s easy to use and very intuitive. You can also swipe through features and move icons on the system if you want to change the way it looks.
One of the highlights of the Audi A7s technology systems is the optional Virtual Cockpit. The entirely digital screen allows the driver to set up any sort of view they’d like in front of them. You can display Google Map directions, a 3D map display, standard gauges, and speedometer or information from the infotainment system. It is bright and clear to read in sunlight, and it is easy to change with a few presses to buttons on the steering wheel. A full-color head-up display is optional and can add additional information for the driver.
The Audi A7 comes as standard with a smartphone interface that offers both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
There are two sound systems available on the Audi A7, both made by Bang & Olufsen. There is a Premium Sound System and an upgraded Advanced Sound System. The standard one gets 16 speakers while the upgraded version gets 19 speakers.
What Safety Features are in the Audi A7?
The Audi A7 comes with standard available driver assistance systems that include the following: • Audi pre sense city: A system that detects vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists in the vehicle's way. The system works at speeds up to 52 miles per hour and can automatically brake when something is in the path of the car.
The Audi A7 can be outfitted with additional features like:
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane-keeping assist
- Active cruise control
- Intersection assist: Monitors traffic at an intersection and can alert a driver to hazardous situations
- Many other options including advanced crash safety
What is the Audi A7 Like to Drive?
The Audi A7 is agile and enjoyable on the road. It doesn't feel heavy or lumbering, and its got plenty of acceleration thanks to the standard 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine that puts out 335 horsepower and 369 pound feet of torque.
The A7 is big enough to carry five passengers and their gear, but it doesn't feel enormous like an SUV does. The standard Quattro all-wheel drive is almost unnoticeable when you get into slippery situations, and it gives the driver confidence on slick or icy roads. The transmission is smooth and doesn't hunt for gears in stop and go traffic the Audi A7 is quite a joy to drive.
Driving the Audi A7 is like stepping into an entirely driver-centric universe where everything you need for a smooth, relaxing, comfortable drive is at your fingertips. In a commute the advanced cruise control is a welcome addition and should you choose to go out and really drive the A7 on some canyon roads, it will certainly not disappoint.
The Audi A7 is one of the best driving cars on the market.
Should I Buy a Current Audi A7?
Yes, the Audi A7 would be a great buy. It is packed to the gills with technology and safety, and it is truly a driver-centric car.
Think of owning an Audi A7 like buying the latest technology from Apple. If you want to be on the cutting edge of driving technology but still want to feel connected to the road and real world an Audi A7 is a great bet.
Should I Buy a Used Audi A7?
A used Audi A7 can be a good buy. Be aware that you can no longer buy a diesel Audi A7 since the parent company, Volkswagen Group, was fined for programming their diesel emissions controls to work only during the emissions testing process.
Because Audis are German vehicles, they can be costly to repair so be sure that you factor in any maintenance or repair items you might need when buying a used Audi A7.
How Much Does the New Audi A7 Cost?
The Audi A7 starts at around $68,000, excluding delivery. Shop around for the best prices on an Audi A7. If you have the money, we suggest stepping up to the mid-level Audi A7 Premium Plus. This level gets you more of the high-tech and safety features that make the A7 such a stellar vehicle.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Audi A7
- Advanced technology including Audi’s fantastic Virtual Cockpit
- A great-looking vehicle that seats five
- An elegant, simple and clean interior that is packed with comfort
- Starts at $68,000 at its base
- To get many features, you need to step up to the mid-level Audi A7 package, which starts at $72,400.
- Other luxury brands still offer complimentary service
The History of the Audi A7: Sportback Good Looks, Power and Comfort
The Audi A7 was first launched in the U.S. in 2010. In Europe, it is referred to as a Sportback or a saloon (wagon).
While Americans have never been huge fans of wagons, the Audi A7 has held its own in a market that is increasingly loaded with SUVs and crossovers. Audi refers to the car as a “five-door coupe.”
The Audi A7 shares the architecture of the Audi A6 and Audi A8 but does not share any body panels or glass with either vehicle. The underpinnings of the Audi A7 is an evolved version of the MLB architecture.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Audi A7
- Body Style
- quattro Sportback
- 3.0 Turbocharged TFSI DOHC V6
- 335 hp
- S Tronic Dual-Clutch Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Convenience Package -inc: Heated 3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel, shift paddles, Audi Phone Box w/Wireless Charging, signal booster, Audi Pre Sense Rear, Audi Side Assist w/Rear Cross Traffic, vehicle exit assist
- Engine: 3.0 Turbocharged TFSI DOHC V6 -inc: Audi valvelift system and variable valve timing
- Transmission: S Tronic Dual-Clutch Automatic
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Automatic Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 4.41 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19.3 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" 10-Y-Spoke Design
- Tires: 245/45R19 All-Season
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Power Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Spoiler
- Chrome Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Power Liftgate Rear Cargo Access
- Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Cornering Lights
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Programmable Projector Beam Auto-Leveling Auto High-Beam Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Radio: MMI Navigation Plus -inc: 10.1" upper and 8.6" lower MMI touch screen response, Audi Connect CARE, PRIME & PLUS (limited time subscription), Audi smartphone interface (wired Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay), Audi sound system, Bluetooth preparation for mobile phone and SiriusXM All Access service (w/3-month trial subscription), Bang & Olufsen 3D Premium Sound System, 16 speakers
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Voice Activation, Radio Data System and 10 Gb Internal Memory
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 3 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way power front seats w/driver 4-way power lumbar and memory
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Trunk/Hatch Auto-Latch
- Rigid Cargo Cover
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Audi connect Security & Assistance Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Immobilizer III Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Audi pre sense city
- Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners