Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Luxurious cabin
- Powerful engine
- Dual-screen infotainment system
- Several customized packages
2019 Audi A6: Everything You Need to Know
About the Audi A6:
The Audi A6 is a mid-size luxury car. It slots between Audi’s compact A4 and full-size A8 sedans.
Now in its fifth generation, the A6 has been a staple in the brand’s lineup for 25 years.
What’s New in the 2019 Audi A6?
The 2019 Audi A6 receives a full redesign. The highlights include a more powerful engine, standard all-wheel drive, and the brand’s dual-screen infotainment system. Audi has also made its MMI infotainment system’s search function available through text input or natural voice control. The 2019 A6 uses a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 that delivers 335 horsepower. Its supported by a standard 48-volt mild-hybrid system compact enough to fit under the rear cargo floor. The previous model came with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine or an optional supercharged V6. It also used front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive is now standard.
The 2019 Audi A6 comes in three trims: Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. The Premium base model includes amenities found in most luxury sedans. The range-topping Prestige trim gets four-zone climate control, automatic high beams, a head-up display, and ventilated, twelve-way power-adjustable front seats.
What Does the 2019 Audi A6 Compete With?
The 2019 Audi A6’s top competitors include:
These five-passenger sedans are the bread-and-butter for most automakers. They showcase the performance, design, and technology that’s available in each manufacturer’s lineup.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Audi A6
The 2019 Audi A6 adapts the brand’s new design language to a mid-size sedan body. Like other vehicles in Audi’s portfolio, the A6 gets pronounced wheel arches, a tapered roofline, and short trunk lid to broadcast its sporty heritage.
The car features wide surfaces, sharp lines, and sculpted edges. The redesigned model showcases a lower, wider grille and large side air intakes.
Audi’s emphasis on lighting design carries over to the new A6. LED headlights with LED daytime running lights come standard. Higher trims add Matrix-design LED headlights with high-beam assist. The headlights and taillights become animated when the car is locked and unlocked.
The taillight design underscores the horizontal lines seen in the front of the car. A chrome strip highlights its low, athletic stance.
Buyers may opt for the standard 19-inch wheels, or upgrade to 21-inch wheels.
Interior Style in the 2019 Audi A6
The 2019 Audi A6’s cabin offers seating for five passengers with standard leather upholstery. Both rows feature ample head- and legroom. The rear seats boast more legroom than the 2018 A6.
All models come equipped with eight-way power-adjustable, heated front seats. Buyers can upgrade to twelve- or eighteen-way power-adjustable seats with a massage function. Ventilated front seats and heated rear seats are available.
Wood and aluminum trim is standard. Premium Valcona leather is available. The attractive cabin features contrast stitching on the seats and dashboard. Dark brown Walnut natural wood inlays are standard. Achat gray fine grain birch wood inlays are available.
The 2019 Audi A6’s redesign includes the brand’s dual-screen infotainment system. The cockpit-focused dashboard lends the car a futuristic look and feel.
The A6 provides less cargo space than competitors, but standard split-folding rear seats offer flexibility. A hands-free power trunk lid is optional.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Audi A6?
The 2019 Audi A6 comes with the brand’s latest MMI infotainment system with dual touchscreens. The 8.8-inch top screen controls navigation and audio. The bottom screen measures 8.6 inches and controls climate and comfort functions. The top screen can be upgraded to a 10.1-inch display. The system can recognize touch, voice, and handwriting inputs.
The smartphone-like touch screen allows users to drag-and-drop icons to organize the location of central vehicle functions. The system can store thirty-two shortcuts for users to customize and set audio and communication preferences.
Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, three USB ports, satellite radio, HD Radio, and a ten-speaker stereo system come with the base model. A 12.3-inch virtual cockpit and a premium Bang & Olufsen sound system are available.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Audi A6?
The 2019 Audi A6 comes with a rearview camera, and front and rear parking sensors. Audi’s standard Pre Sense basic system tightens the seatbelts if it detects an impending collision. The standard Pre Sense City system includes automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, and pedestrian detection.
Optional equipment includes:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot monitoring
- Automatic high beams
- Lane departure warning
- Lane keep assist
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- A surround-view camera
- Head-up display
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Night vision assistant with pedestrian detection
What is the 2019 Audi A6 Like to Drive?
The 2019 Audi A6 uses a 335-horsepower turbocharged V6 engine. The potent powerplant produces quick acceleration, taking the sedan from zero to 60 mph in 5.1 seconds. A dual-clutch seven-speed automatic transmission and Audi’s quattro all-wheel-drive system come standard.
The A6’s quiet ride can feel muted and not as responsive as its rivals. However, it provides a smooth, maneuverable ride that absorbs imperfections in the road.
Performance-minded buyers can add a lowered sport suspension or an adaptive damping suspension.
The A6 seats five adults comfortably, with more rear legroom than the outgoing model. An available interior lighting package adds multicolor ambient lighting.
Should I Buy a 2019 Audi A6?
The 2019 Audi A6 is the brand’s most advanced version of its mid-size sedan. This latest redesign provides sharper performance, a more luxurious cabin, and the latest technology and safety equipment.
Buyers looking for a mid-size sedan with a powerful engine, all-wheel drive, and an advanced infotainment system should consider the Audi A6.
Should I Buy a Used Audi A6? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The Audi A6 received a full redesign for the 2019 model year. It benefits from a new powertrain, and updates to its exterior and interior design. Buying a used Audi A6 won’t include new features such as Audi’s latest infotainment system and standard all-wheel drive, but shoppers should now be able to get a better deal on the previous-generation model.
Note that the 2018 model came with a standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine or an optional supercharged V6, so a powertrain choice will need to be made.
How Much Does the 2019 Audi A6 Cost?
The 2019 Audi A6 begins at $58,900. The Premium Plus and Prestige trims start at $62,700 and $67,100, respectively. Buyers may add a wide range of optional equipment. For an additional $1,800, the Warm Weather package includes ventilated front seats and four-zone automatic climate control. The $600 Cold Weather package comes with heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel. The $1,300 Convenience package adds push-button start and proximity key entry, as well as additional safety features including Audi Pre Sense Rear, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert. For $1,050, buyers can upgrade to a sport suspension and larger wheels. The Driver Assistance package ($2,750) provides advanced safety equipment such as adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, and traffic sign recognition.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Audi A6
- Audi’s new dual-screen infotainment system
- Powerful V6
- Quiet cabin
- Roomy interior
- Standard all-wheel drive
- Less cargo space than competitors
- Pricier than some competitors
- No engine choice
The History of the Audi A6: 25 Years of the A6
The Audi A6 launched in 1994 as the luxury brand’s mid-size sedan. The five-passenger car entered its fifth generation with the launch of the 2019 A6. Its luxurious interior and smooth ride make it a formidable competitor in its segment.
The A6 is built in Germany.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Audi A6
- Body Style
- quattro Sedan
- 3.0 TFSI 6 Cylinder
- 335 hp
- 7-Speed Stronic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Convenience Package -inc: Audi Side Assist w/Rear Cross Traffic Assist, vehicle exit warning, Heated 3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel, shift paddles, Audi Pre Sense Rear, Audi Phone Box w/Wireless Charging, signal booster, Audi Advanced Key
- Engine: 3.0 TFSI 6 Cylinder -inc: Audi valvelift system, variable valve timing and start-stop engine system
- Transmission: 7-Speed Stronic
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls and Oil Cooler
- Automatic Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 4.41 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Hybrid Electric Motor
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 19.3 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" 5-Twin-Spoke Bi Color
- Tires: 245/45R19 All-Season
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Metal-Look Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Auto Dimming Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Chrome Grille
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Programmable Projector Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Radio: MMI Navigation Plus w/MMI Touch Response -inc: 10.1" upper and 8.6" lower screens, Audi smartphone interface (Apple CarPlay/Android Auto), Alexa integration, Bluetooth preparation for mobile phone and SiriusXM All Access service (w/3-month trial subscription)
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Streaming Audio
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- Heated Front Seats -inc: 8-way power w/driver 4-way power lumbar and driver memory
- Driver Seat
- 8-Way Power Passenger Seat -inc: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement and Cushion Tilt
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Sport Leather Steering Wheel w/Auto Tilt-Away
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 4 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts, Residual Heat Recirculation, Headliner/Pillar Ducts and Console Ducts
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood/Metal-Look Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Leatherette Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seating Surfaces -inc: contrast stitching
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Mini Overhead Console w/Storage and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Door Mirrors and Steering Wheel
- Smart Device Remote Engine Start
- Tracker System
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver / Passenger And Rear Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Manual w/Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Immobilizer III Engine Immobilizer
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Audi pre sense front
- Lane Departure Warning
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Power Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners