Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- 34 highway mpg
- 248 horsepower
- Accelerates from zero to 60 mph in six seconds
- Convertible top
- Quattro all-wheel drive
The 2019 Audi A5 Cabriolet is a sports car with a convertible top and lots of extra style features. It has four seats and two doors and gets great gas mileage with in-town and highway driving because it's compact. The A5 Cabriolet also has a slew of extra features for people who want the latest technology.
People who wish to buy an A5 Cabriolet can choose from one of three trim packages. These include the Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige, which all have the same four-cylinder engine. The real fun begins when you pick your trim and start seeing how each upgrade gets you plenty of gadgets.
If you're looking for a convertible, there are only a few other contenders. Some of these include the Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, the Mazda Miata, and a few offered by Mercedes-Benz. However, if you need a convertible that's big enough for tall people but not huge, the Cabriolet is a great choice.
New Features of the 2019 Audi A5 Cabriolet
There are some minor upgrades to the 2019 Audi A5, and there's one feature that's discontinued:
- As a feature that comes standard on all A5s, LED headlights are brighter and need fewer changes
- A wireless charger and signal booster is now available
- Manual transmission is no longer an option
Differences Between the Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige
With each step up on the three trim options on the Cabriolet, Audi adds more features. The Premium has features like Audi pre sense and a smartphone interface with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The wheels have a five-arm dynamic design, and Audi includes all-season tires, too.
The Premium Plus has all of the features that the Premium has, but there are some upgrades. For instance, it has keyless entry, start, and stop, and you can also open the tailgate hands-free. The new A5 Cabriolet also has the MMI Navigation system with MMI touch.
The Prestige has all of the features of the Premium and Premium Plus. Additionally, it has the head-up display, park steering assist, and adaptive cruise control. For entertainment, the Bang & Olufsen sound system with 20 speakers and a 16-channel amplifier brings beautiful sound to your car.
What's Included in the Audi Virtual Cockpit?
Premium Plus and Prestige cars also have a virtual cockpit, which has a 12.3-inch display. On this screen, you can get navigation, smartphone features, and audio. You can also use Google Earth, which superimposes satellite and aerial images so that you can see the city you're driving in.
Interior Features on the 2019 Audi A5 Cabriolet
With the luxury package, there are several features that make the ride more comfortable. On cold days, the neck-level heating system and heated steering wheel add a touch of comfort. The sports seats also have ventilated seats for hot days, and the lumbar feature is something you can enjoy every day.
What Is the Price of a New A5 Cabriolet Model?
The price will vary depending on the trim level. Prices start at $51,000 for the Premium trim level, and the Premium Plus costs $56,000. If you really want to get a truly luxurious vehicle, you can get the Prestige for about $59,000.
Special Features of the Cabriolet Roof
The roof is a soft convertible top that folds down in 15 seconds. It also offers comforts that other convertibles lack, such as a quieter ride and more headroom in the rear seat. The exterior also comes in gray, black, brown, and red, which coordinates with the several body color options.
Additionally, you can put the roof back up even when you're driving at speeds of up to 31 miles per hour. It also only takes about 18 seconds to close the roof. The interior headliner also comes in three colors so that you can customize your ride.
Performance Specifications on the Cabriolet
If you love speed, 248 horsepower and 273 torque take you to 60 mph in a time of just six seconds. A driver who is looking for precision handling will also love the Quattro all-wheel drive. Those who search for ways to customize their driving experience will appreciate the Audi drive select feature.
Suspension on the Cabriolet
Both the rear and the front have five-link suspensions, which gives you a smoother ride and better handling. This also tends to be more expensive than some other types of suspensions. This is why it's often used in off-roading vehicles and more expensive vehicles, such as the A5.
A sport suspension is also available on the 2019 Cabriolet. This gives the driver a sportier driving experience.
What Kind of Driver Is the A5 Cabriolet Good For?
For people who want great handling and a sporty appearance and feel, the Cabriolet is a smart choice. The front seats also have some comfort features for those who like vehicles with a bit of luxury. Because of the Audi A5 Cabriolet's roof design, which insulates from cold, it's suitable for people living in many climates.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Audi A5 Cabriolet
- Offers a quiet ride for a convertible when the top is up
- Good performance features
- Nice interior with some comfort upgrades on the upper-end trim
- As a convertible, it's not very roomy in the back, so it's not good for transporting many people
- Not very much trunk space
- No manual transmission offered
The Audi A5 Cabriolet is part of the A5 series that Audi's been manufacturing since 2007. Within this series, there are three vehicles, which include the Cabriolet, a two-door coupe, and the four-door Sportback. The A5 is part of a line of vehicles, with the first one being the A1.
The line of vehicles is closely related to the A4 line, which also included a Cabriolet. Production for the A5 Cabriolet didn't start until 2009, and at that point, it replaced the A4 Cabriolet.
There were some changes when Audi switched to the Audi A5 generation Cabriolet. Although it was originally designed after the Volkswagen EOS, which had a hardtop, Audi's A5 Cabriolet had a soft top.
The A5 Cabriolet was first distributed in the second quarter of 2009 as a 2010 model. It wasn't until September 2009 that Audi released the model in the U.S. The original unveiling of the model was at the 2009 New York Auto Show.
There's very little difference between the 2010 and 2011 years, except that the 2011 model gets slightly better gas mileage on the highway and in town. The automatic transmission also changed from a six-speed to an eight-speed.
There weren't any significant changes for the 2012 year. In 2013, in-town fuel economy is one mile less, and highway gas mileage is one mile more per gallon. In 2014, the highway fuel economy was only 29 mpg, and the fuel economy changed slightly in 2015.
In 2018, Audi made significant changes to the Cabriolet by switching the 220-horsepower engine for a 252-horsepower engine. Audi also switched to a seven-speed transmission. For the 2019 model year, the Cabriolet also gets better gas mileage, with 23 city and 34 highway miles per gallon.
Finally, in 2019, the engine's horsepower is slightly less at only 248 horsepower. However, the curb weight is also just under 400 pounds less, making it a lighter vehicle. Overall, the Audi A5 Cabriolet hasn't changed much over the years; instead, Audi has tweaked it by small degrees periodically.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Audi A5 Cabriolet
- Body Style
- quattro Cabriolet
- 2.0L TFSI 4 Cylinder
- 248 hp
- 7-Speed S tronic Dual-Clutch Auto
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0L TFSI 4 Cylinder -inc: energy recuperation system w/start-stop
- Transmission: 7-Speed S tronic Dual-Clutch Auto -inc: shift paddles
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode
- Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 4.27 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 75-Amp/Hr 420CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 150 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 15.3 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Multi-Link Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" x 8.5" 5-Arm-Dynamic Design
- Tires: P245/40R18 93H AS
- Wheels w/Silver Accents
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Aluminum Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Convertible Top w/Lining, Glass Rear Window, Automatic Roll-Over Protection and Manual Wind Blocker
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto-Leveling Headlamps w/Washer and Delay-Off
- Front Fog Lamps
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi Sound System -inc: 10 speakers, 6-channel amplifier, 180 watts, USB Audi music interface, Audi smartphone interface (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay), Bluetooth preparation for mobile phone and HD Radio technology
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, MP3 Player, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Aux Audio Input Jack, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Concealed Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way power front seats and 4-way power lumbar for driver
- Driver Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- Passenger Seat -inc: Power Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Front Cigar Lighter(s)
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Proximity Key For Push Button Start Only
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Rear HVAC w/Separate Controls
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Door Panel Insert, Genuine Wood Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Aluminum Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage, Rear Console and 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Audi connect CARE Tracker System
- Refrigerated/Cooled Box Located In The Glovebox, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Analog Display
- Power Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Sliding Front Center Armrest
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Immobilizer III Engine Immobilizer
- Perimeter Alarm
- 3 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi connect CARE Emergency Sos
- Audi pre sense basic
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Side Airbag Head Extension, Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera