Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Good base price
- Great acceleration
- Good handling
- Excellent steering
- Comfortable, quality ride
When it comes to entry-level luxury cars, the Audi A3 Sedan has a lot to offer. Blending performance, style, and the ultimate in comfort, the Audi A3 is hard to match. If you are searching for a luxury vehicle, the A3 is worth a long look.
A3 is everything you want in a luxury car and available as a convertible (Cabriolet) or a sedan. Based on the Volkswagen Golf platform, the A3 is a true Audi with all the brand's best features. The grille's four-ring logo is your assurance that you're getting a high-quality level in your driving experience.
The A3 has enjoyed frequent updates, including one in 2019, to keep it current and exciting in the minds of fans. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are now standard features instead of optional. A seven-speed, automatic transmission takes the place of last year's six-speed version for AWD Quattro models.
The new transmission doesn't improve the car's fuel economy. According to EPA data, Quattro all-wheel-drive models dropped in combined city/highway driving. It lost 2 mpg from last year's numbers.
The turbocharged engine offered in the A3 has a choice of two strengths: 186 hp and 220 hp. The stronger of the two engines can go from zero to 60 mph in only 5.5 seconds on the test track. It still manages to get 34 mpg on a 200-mile highway, according to fuel-economy test runs.
You also get great steering, a quality ride, and the option of Quattro all-wheel drive. Audi's AWD offers you a good level of grip on the road without using a ton of gas. With all-wheel-drive available on several trim levels, you can have that power and customize too.
Audi A3's acceleration is excellent. The car can go from 0 to 60 mpg in 5.4 seconds, which is outstanding in its class. That's a 0.4-second increase over the 2018 models.
When it comes to braking, the system on the A3 sedan has a secure, natural feel. In an emergency braking situation, it can stop within only 118 feet, which is above the average for its class. The car can keep straight while braking with no weird sounds or jitters.
Visibility is good with the Audi A3 Sedan; front and side views are generous. You get a clear view from any angle since the roof pillars are very narrow. Even the view from the back window is wide and clear, making the rearview camera a great extra, but it's not needed.
The A3 received Top Safety Pick ratings by the IIHS when equipped with LED headlamps. The 2019 Audi A3 Sedan is a compact luxury car worth considering.
Audi A3 Sedan Exterior Design
To many, the A3 seems like a smaller version of the Audi A6. The outer look of Audi's 2019 A3 is eye-catching and elegant.
It has high-intensity headlights, a large sunroof, and 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. You can upgrade to the available 18- and 19-inch wheels and tires to give the car a sportier look.
There's a 12.3-cubic-foot trunk underneath the rear deck. The trunk space downsized to 10 cubic feet of space in the all-wheel-drive versions of the A3. The convertibles have two doors and feature sharp profiles with power-folding soft tops.
The available colors vary based on the model and trim level you choose. You can find 2019 Audi A3 cars in several shades of silver and gray. They're also available in black, red, white, or blue.
Audi A3 Sedan Interior Design
Audi fans expect a lot when it comes to a car's inner space, and the A3 doesn't disappoint. With its sleek design, the Audi A3 has quality materials, and its makers assemble it with care. Its simple, classy look may not have enough dazzle for some, but it is a good design for a sporty, luxury vehicle.
The technology for this car is easy to access and understand. The digital gauges and the infotainment system touchscreen are easy to use and reach. Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot service are all available to help you stay connected.
Interior space is tight, particularly in the back seat. The Cabriolet convertible's backseat is even smaller. But, its stylish details, quality materials, and great features help it to remain competitive.
Audi A3 Sedan Trim Levels
Audi A3 for 2019 offers a four-door sedan and a two-door convertible, or Cabriolet. Both models are available in all-wheel drive or front-wheel drive. The available trim levels are Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige.
For the front-wheel drive A3s, there is a turbocharged engine with 184 horsepower output. With the Quattro models, the engine is similar but with some tweaks to boost it to 228 horsepower. All Audi A3 models feature a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The base Premium trim level has great features such as Android Auto, Apply CarPlay, and climate control. For comfort, it has heated front seats, leather upholstery, and a wide sunroof. You also get a 10-speaker sound system and a power driver's seat.
The Premium trim level for the convertible version, the Cabriolet, has a nine-speaker sound system instead of 10. It also has a power-folding soft top and a power front passenger seat for comfort.
For an extra cost, the Premium Plus trim level adds even more useful and convenient features. For safety, it adds blind-spot monitoring, remote start, and parking sensors. It includes 18-inch wheels, LED headlights, and wireless device charging, too.
The exterior gets updated bumpers, side sill extensions, and front door sills that light up. With Premium Plus, you can add the Sport Package and get an upgraded sound system. The mid-level is a good compromise between available equipment and affordability.
The Prestige trim level is the top level and makes the A3 a fully-loaded luxury car. It adds a full parking help system, power-folding mirrors, and built-in navigation. It also adds an expanded audio system panel for the driver, a navigation upgrade, and more.
You can include some of the Premium Plus and Prestige features as options on the base car for 2019.
What Safety Features Does the Audi A3 Offer?
The 2019 Audi A3 Sedan comes with great safety and anti-theft features. The anti-lock brake and stability control systems help you maintain control of the car. There is a full range of airbags to protect occupants from many different angles in the event of a crash.
What Technology Does the Audi A3 Sedan Offer?
Audi's A3's technology adds driver help features, auto emergency braking, and collision alerts. All these services are standard with this car. For Audi A3 Sedan upgrades, you can get adaptive cruise control, auto high-beam headlights, and a self-parking feature.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Audi A3 Sedan
- Loaded with technology features
- Quality handling and ride
- Energetic engines
- Good acceleration
- Small back seat and limited trunk space
- Interior is average when compared to the competition
- Disappointing reliability rating
Starting as a wagon-style car in the U.S. in 2006, Audi's dedication to updating the A3 is a big reason for its popularity.
Available as a sportback in North America since 2006, the Audi A3 reinvented itself. Audi's 2015 lineup featured a handsome A3 with xenon headlights and 17-inch wheels. This new Audi gave shoppers a variety of great luxury car choices.
In 2015, the standard car had front-wheel drive with a turbocharged engine that put out 170 hp. The AWD Quattro models had a similar but more powerful engine with 220 hp. Audi fans loved the high acceleration the Quattro models offered.
Audi also offered a new diesel engine with 150 hp that achieved an impressive 36 mpg on combined city/highway fuel economy.
The standard entry-level Audi car has a long list of features, such as dual-zone climate control and leather seating for comfort. Audi's A3 Sedan was among the first to offer available 4G LTE connectivity service through AT&T. in 2017, A3 received the Audi virtual cockpit.
The ongoing efforts to improve the Audi A3 Sedan make it one car you will want to consider both new and pre-owned.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Audi A3 Sedan
- Body Style
- 2.0 TFSI 4 Cylinder 16-Valve DOHC
- 184 hp
- 7-Spd S tronic Dual-Clutch Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0 TFSI 4 Cylinder 16-Valve DOHC -inc: Audi valvelift system and start/stop engine system
- Transmission: 7-Spd S tronic Dual-Clutch Automatic
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.12 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 59-Amp/Hr 320CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 320 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 18" x 8" 5-Double-Spoke-Design Bi-Color
- Tires: 225/40R18 All Season
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Programmable Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi Concert AM/FM/CD/SAT Player -inc: Audi sound system w/10 speakers, MP3 playback capability, HD Radio, Audi smartphone interface (CarPlay and Android Auto) w/2 USB ports, preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth) w/streaming audio and SiriusXM All Access w/3-month trial subscription
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 8-way power driver's seat w/4-way power lumbar
- Driver Seat
- 6-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline, Height Adjustment and Fore/Aft Movement
- 40-20-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Aluminum Instrument Panel Insert, Aluminum Door Panel Insert, Aluminum Console Insert and Chrome/Aluminum Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest w/Pass-Thru w/Storage
- Perimeter Alarm
- Immobilizer IV Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi pre sense front
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- SIDEGUARD Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera