Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Quality car for the price
- Good acceleration from the turbocharged engine
- Great handling
- Superb steering
- Upscale, comfortable ride
The Audi A3 Cabriolet is a two-door convertible that has a lot to offer. Since it's an Audi, you know it has a lot of solid features, good performance, and a classy look.
Audi has updated the A3 series quite a lot over the years to please its consumers. For example, the 2019 release gets an 8-horsepower boost with a new transmission.
It also gets new standard features like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Before, you could only get those features with more expensive trim packages.
Aside from the standard tech additions, there's also a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. On the Quattro models (all-wheel-drive), it takes the place of the six-speed transmission it had last year.
The engines for Cabriolet are the same as the Audi A3 Sedans. There's a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, and you can choose from either the 186 hp version or the 220 hp version.
The latter can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 5.5 seconds on a test track. Meanwhile, the 220 hp model still got 34 mpg on a 200-mile highway fuel-usage test run.
When it comes to speed, the Cabriolet holds its own against the A3 Sedan. The convertible is only about 0.67 seconds slower. While the sedan is a little faster and does slightly better on fuel, the Audi A3 Cabriolet can still keep up.
Audi A3 Cabriolet Exterior Design
Like the four-door sedans, critics often view the Audi A3 Cabriolet as a fine-looking car. Looking a lot like the Audi A6, the Cabriolet has strong headlights, a large sunroof, and 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. You can upgrade to available 18- and 19-inch wheels and tires that give the car an even sportier look.
Small touches like the special grille make the Cabriolet look sharp and give an idea of its power. The power-folding roof draws back at speeds of up to 30 mph. The folding roof absorbs noise to keep the ride quiet.
However, there's limited trunk space in the back. This is one of the car's few drawbacks.
Audi A3 Cabriolet Interior Design
The inside of the A3 Cabriolet is stylish and comfortable. The 2019 A3 Cabriolet has quality cloths, leathers, and accents for a nice-looking cabin. To some, it might seem plain, but its simple approach works with its sporty outer look.
There's not a lot of space on the inside of the Cabriolet, especially in the back seat. Still, the nice materials, aluminum accents, and features help make up for the lack of room.
What Technology Does the Cabriolet Offer?
The technology in this convertible is modern, featuring some touchscreens that are intuitive to use. The information and entertainment system has Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and a 4G LTE power Wi-Fi hot spot so you can stay connected while on the road.
Audi A3 Cabriolet Trim Levels
Audi offers the two-door convertible Cabriolet in all-wheel drive and front-wheel drive. There are three available trim levels for the car.
On the front-wheel-drive models, you get a turbocharged engine that puts out 184 hp. With the Quattro all-wheel-drive version, the engine is nearly the same but with a 228 hp output. All models come with the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The base trim level is the Premium, which offers a lot of good features. Aside from Android Auto or Apple CarPlay, you get two-zone climate control, heated front seats, nice leather upholstery, and a wide sunroof. There's also a nine-speaker sound speaker, power driver, and front passenger seats.
For an extra cost, you can get the Premium Plus trim level that offers some cool extras. It offers 18-inch wheels, several driver features like remote entry and ignition and wireless device charging, and extra safety tech. On the outside, you get extra bumper styling, side sill extensions, and front door sills that light up.
The top-level Prestige trim has a full parking system, a navigation system, and power-folding mirrors. There's a premium stereo system, and many more safety features. As a bonus, several of the features in the two upper trim packages are available as options on the base car.
With all models, you get the power-folding soft top.
Cabriolet Safety Features
The 2019 Audi A3 Cabriolet offers the following safety measures:
- An anti-lock brake system that stops tire spinning when braking. The system manages brake pressure to help you control the car.
- A stability control system that can help you slow the car and navigate to help you keep control of it.
- Front-impact airbags protect your head during head-on crashes.
- Side-impact airbags protect your body during side-impact crashes.
- Overhead airbags protect your head in case of a rollover.
- Knee airbags protect the legs from injuries in accidents.
- The seat belts lock around the body to protect the driver and passengers in accidents.
- The anti-whiplash head restraints protect the driver and passengers in rear collisions.
- Anti-theft features are also included.
What Is the Available Convenience Package?
The available Convenience Package is a popular option for the Cabriolet. It gives you remote engine start and entry for the front doors and the trunk. The package also gets you LED interior lights, glossy window accents, and Audi's side-assist feature.
What Is It Like to Drive the Audi A3 Cabriolet?
The car corners well, and the new transmission is sufficient whether you're using it in manual or sports mode. Shifting gears using the finger panels is fun and easy to do. Without the roof, the overall performance is good, especially with a smaller engine to pull you out of corners at slower speeds.
Does the Audi A3 Cabriolet Have a Comfortable Ride?
Reviewers have noted that the A3 Cabriolet provides a comfortable ride with a solid suspension and good bump and pothole absorption. With the S line trim, the suspension is firmer at low speeds. The ride is bumpier with bigger tires.
While each model of this car is comfortable, you can order a softer Dynamic suspension with the S line trim. The S3 is a stiffer, lower ride than the S line models; however, it does come with standard Adaptive Magnetic Ride dampers to make the ride better. The Critics have noted that the dynamic suspension is the best value when it comes to the Cabriolet.
Does the Audi A3 Cabriolet Have a Quiet Ride?
Audi has installed a great acoustic hood standard. With the roof up, the car's occupants get isolated from outside noise.
The engines are smooth and hushed, even quieter once you've reached highway speeds. In addition, the smaller wheels help minimize noise in the Audi A3 Cabriolet.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Audi A3 Cabriolet
- Loaded with technology features
- Quality handling and ride
- Powerful engines
- Good acceleration
- Small back seat and limited trunk space
- Limited room inside
- Weak reliability rating
Introduced as a wagon-type car in 2006 in the U.S., the Audi A3 got an update for its second generation. Fast forward to 2015, and the A3 lineup featured a sharp look that included quality headlamps and 17-inch wheels. The debut of the A3 Sedan and Cabriolet wowed shoppers who had many compact luxury cars to pick from.
The 2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet was front-wheel drive with a turbocharged engine. Of course, the Quattro all-wheel-drive version of the Cabriolet had a stronger turbocharged engine that offered good acceleration.
There was a diesel engine, too, with a 150 horsepower output. It got a combined city/highway fuel economy rating of 36 mpg.
While considered an entry-level car, the Cabriolet had great extras like dual-zone climate control and nice leather upholstery seating. Cabriolet was one of the first cars to get available 4G LTE service from AT&T.
The car got a light makeover in 2017, getting Audi's virtual cockpit system. This put the Audi A3 Cabriolet on the map for many buyers.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Audi A3 Cabriolet
- Body Style
- 2.0 TFSI 4 Cylinder 16-Valve DOHC
- 184 hp
- 7-Spd S tronic Dual-Clutch Automatic
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Back Up Camera
- CD Player
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.0 TFSI 4 Cylinder 16-Valve DOHC -inc: Audi valvelift system and start/stop engine system
- Transmission: 7-Spd S tronic Dual-Clutch Automatic -inc: additional sport program
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.77 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 60-Amp/Hr 320CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 140 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 17" x 7.5" 5-Arm-Design
- Tires: 225/45R17 All-Season
- Steel Spare Wheel
- Compact Spare Tire Mounted Inside Under Cargo
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Rub Strip/Fascia Accent
- Aluminum Side Windows Trim and Aluminum Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Rain Detecting Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Jets
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Power Convertible Top w/Lining, Glass Rear Window and Automatic Roll-Over Protection
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- Programmable Projector Beam High Intensity Low/High Beam Auto-Leveling Daytime Running Lights Preference Setting Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Front And Rear Fog Lamps
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Audi Concert AM/FM/CD/SAT Player -inc: Audi sound system w/9 speakers, MP3 playback capability, HD Radio, Audi smartphone interface (CarPlay and Android Auto) w/2 USB ports, preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth) w/streaming audio and SiriusXM All Access w/3-month trial subscription
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls, Radio Data System and External Memory Control
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way power front seats w/4-way power lumbar
- 8-Way Driver Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Manual Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 8-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Manual Rear Seat Easy Entry
- 50-50 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Level, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Valet Function
- Power Fuel Flap Locking Type
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access
- Cruise Control
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather/Metal-Look Gear Shift Knob
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert and Chrome/Aluminum Interior Accents
- Leather Seating Surfaces
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination, Driver And Passenger Auxiliary Mirror
- Full Floor Console w/Storage, Rear Console w/Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate
- Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Front And Rear 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Redundant Digital Speedometer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest
- Perimeter Alarm
- Immobilizer IV Engine Immobilizer
- Air Filtration
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Audi pre sense front
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver And Passenger Side Airbag Head Extension
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera