Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Midsize luxury sedan
- Four-cylinder or V6 engine
- Standard four-wheel steering
- Available all-wheel-drive
- Available A-Spec sport appearance package
Acura TLX: Everything You Need to Know
About the Acura TLX:
The 2020 Acura TLX is a midsize luxury sedan. The TLX delivers an executive car experience for five passengers. Acura’s attention to detail shows in every category from ergonomic seats to advanced safety technology.
The TLX is available with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 206 horsepower, or a 3.5-liter V6 with 290 horsepower. The four-cylinder engine is paired with an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. TLX models with a V6 engine use a nine-speed automatic.
Acura is known for performance, and the TLX embodies that reputation. All front-wheel-drive TLX models feature four-wheel-steering technology. Acura’s Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive system is available as an option on V6 models.
What’s New in the Current Acura TLX?
Important standard features in the 2020 Acura TLX include:
- AcuraWatch suite of advanced safety and driver assistance features.
- LED headlights.
- Ten-way power driver's seat.
- Heated front seats.
- Keyless entry with push button start.
Optional features in the 2020 TLX include:
- A-spec sport appearance trim available on all models.
- 360-degree Surround View Camera system.
- Heated steering wheel.
- Ten-speaker Acura/ELS Studio Premium Audio System.
- Twelve-way power driver’s seat with extendable thigh support.
What Does the Acura TLX Compete With?
The 2020 Acura TLX competes in the luxury midsize sedan category. Leading vehicles in this category include:
Buyers in this class are looking for the perfect blend of performance and luxury. These sedans are made for people who love to drive. Technology is also an important consideration, both in safety features and connectivity. Finally, interior comfort and top quality are required.
Exterior Design of the Acura TLX
Acura’s emphasis has always been on performance. The exterior design of the TLX reflects this mission with an athletic stance that suggests speed. TLX design language is simple, yet sophisticated. Every detail from panel fit to the unique grille design has been meticulously engineered.
Important exterior features in the 2020 Acura TLX include:
- Power moonroof.
- LED headlights, turn signals, taillights, and marker lights.
- Acoustic glass windshield.
- Remote window and moonroof opening capability.
- Capless fuel fill.
- Rear spoiler (V6 A-Spec package).
- Dual exhaust (V6 A-Spec package).
Interior Style in the Acura TLX
The cabin of the TLX is where luxury meets technology. Acura provides heated ergonomic seats trimmed in leatherette or leather. The front seats hold the driver and passenger with sport-oriented bolstering, but they are never hard or constricting. The basic TLX includes a ten-way power adjustable driver’s seat. V6 models raise that to twelve-way with a power thigh support extension. All TLX front seats are heated, and V6 models add front seat ventilation.
The push-button transmission controls on V6 models emphasize the high-tech nature of the TLX. Paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel allow the driver to select gears or let the TLX do the work. The four-cylinder TLX includes a sport shift lever on the console.
The TLX includes active noise cancellation on all models. Together with the acoustic glass on the windshield, this ensures a whisper-quiet experience on any road surface.
The rear bench seat will accommodate three adults in comfort. The outboard seat positions include LATCH fittings for child car seats. The TLX trunk measurement is 14.3 cubic feet, which is enough to stow luggage or golf clubs for four. The rear seat includes a 60/40-split and folding capability to extend the trunk cargo area.
What Technology Comes in the Acura TLX?
Acura offers a unique dashboard technology solution with two screens. The upper screen is set into the top of the dash, and displays navigation and infotainment details. The bottom screen is an 8.0-inch touchscreen with controls for infotainment and climate.
The TLX supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration. This means effective navigation, hands-free texting, and music streaming are available on all trims. Sirius/XM satellite radio capability is also standard on all trims.
Optional tech features include:
- Ten-speaker ELS premium audio.
- 3D GPS navigation.
- Real time traffic monitoring with rerouting.
- Voice recognition.
- Remote engine start.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the Acura TLX?
Advanced safety and driver assistance features are central to the TLX. Acura includes a full suite of the latest technology as standard equipment:
- Multi-view rear camera with dynamic guidelines.
- Collision mitigation braking.
- Adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow.
- Lane keeping assistance.
- Road departure mitigation.
- Tire pressure monitoring.
Additionally, the following features are optional or included on V6 models:
- Blind spot monitoring.
- Rear cross-traffic alert.
- Front and rear parking sensors.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers.
- Windshield de-icer.
- Head-up collision warning.
- Surround-view camera system.
In standard crash tests, the 2020 TLX earned five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) gives the TLX its top “good” rating in most crash tests. IIHS rates the TLX as “acceptable” in small-overlap driver-side crash tests.
What is the Acura TLX Like to Drive?
If you love to drive, you will enjoy the 2020 Acura TLX. Both the four-cylinder and the V6 models offer excellent performance, but the V6 is truly extraordinary.
Choose front-wheel-drive, and Acura’s all-wheel-steering technology makes the TLX one of the most intuitive and responsive midsize sedans to drive. The V6 with all-wheel-drive makes the TLX a capable and safe car in any kind of winter weather.
A quiet cabin is central to the TLX driving experience, thanks to Acura’s active noise cancellation system. Acura’s seats are among the most comfortable in the industry. With the TLX, drivers can take a long road trip and arrive feeling fresh.
Should I Buy a Current Acura TLX?
The 2020 Acura TLX is an excellent choice among luxury midsize sedans. However, Acura is expected to bring out an all-new second generation TLX in the next year or two. Shoppers who are satisfied with the current generation TLX, now is the time to buy. Wait a year, and the new TLX may be even better.
Should I buy a Used Acura TLX? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The TLX has been on the market since the 2015 model year, so any pre-owned TLX will still be current in terms of performance and most technology. Acura has added several advanced safety features in recent years, so newer models are better.
Always look for an Acura certified pre-owned model when buying used. These cars are inspected and verified with respect to prior damage and unusual wear.
How Much Does the New Acura TLX Cost?
The 2020 Acura TLX starts at $33,000 with the four-cylinder engine and base trim. That price is solidly in economy car territory, so it’s a great deal on a luxury midsize sedan. Upgrading to the V6 raises the price to $36,200. Adding all-wheel-drive to the V6 model yields a base price of $38,200.
Acura offers three option packages to upgrade the TLX. The Technology package adds advanced safety and infotainment features. The TLX with this package costs $36,700 to $42,100 depending on engine choice. The A-Spec sport appearance package ranges from $39,600 to $44,800. Finally, the Advance package creates the ultimate TLX for $45,950.
The 2020 Acura TLX is an excellent midsize luxury sedan. It’s easy to spend more and get less from other brands. When shopping in this category, be sure to test-drive the TLX.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Acura TLX
- Excellent performance
- Standard advanced safety technology
- Attractive pricing
- Good selection of trim and options
- Acura quality
- Infotainment needs updating
- Large price jump for top trims
- Next-generation TLX is coming
The History of Acura TLX: Midsize Luxury and Performance
Acura created the TLX to unify its midsize sedan lineup in the 2015 model year. Changes and upgrades have been incremental throughout the first generation, but each model year has been improved.
The TLX is a consistent sales leader and an important part of Acura’s sedan strategy. The revised second-generation TLX is expected to be unveiled in 2020 as a 2021 model. Acura has not yet announced technical specifications or pricing for the next TLX.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Acura TLX
- Body Style
- 2.4L DOHC 16-Valve i-VTEC 4-Cylinder
- 206 hp
- 8-Speed Dual-Clutch
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.4L DOHC 16-Valve i-VTEC 4-Cylinder
- Transmission: 8-Speed Dual-Clutch -inc: torque converter and Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode and Oil Cooler
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 4.57 Axle Ratio
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic Ride Control Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 17.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Quasi-Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Wheels: 17" x 7.5" Pewter Gray Aluminum Alloy -inc: Machine-finished, 10-spoke
- Tires: P225/55R17 High-Performance All-Season
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter, Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Auto High-Beam Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Acura Premium Audio System -inc: 7 speakers, SiriusXM satellite radio, Pandora compatibility, USB audio interface w/smartphone integration, Bluetooth streaming audio, MP3/auxiliary input jack, Speed-sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC), On Demand Multi-Use Display (ODMD) 2.0, Siri Eyes Free (iPhone only), Apple Carplay and Android Auto integration, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink wireless telephone interface and SMS, MMS text message and email capability
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Regular Amplifier
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Heated Front Sport Seats -inc: 10-way power driver's seat w/power lumbar support and 4-way power front passenger's seat
- 8-Way Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- 60-40 Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Illuminated Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, 2 Door Curb/Courtesy, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing w/Traffic Stop-Go
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts and Console Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Simulated Wood/Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Leatherette-Trimmed Interior
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front And Rear Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Area Concealed Storage
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- Memory Settings -inc: Driver Seat, Door Mirrors and HVAC
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Anti-Whiplash Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest w/Storage and Rear Center Armrest w/Storage
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- Vehicle Stability Assist Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Collision Mitigation Braking System
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera