Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- High-performance hybrid drivetrain
- Powerful 3.5-liter V6 engine
- Low center of gravity
- Great handling and performance
- Customizable interior and exterior options
Acura NSX: Everything You Need to Know
About the Acura NSX:
The 2019 Acura NSX is a mid-engine sports car built by the luxury division of Honda. It combines the spirit of racing with advanced technology. The Acura NSX offers exhilarating speed, responsive handling, and a comfortable ride. Officially named “New Sportscar eXperimental,” it comes with a hybrid twin-turbo V6 engine and three electric motors. Together, they produce a maximum of 573 horsepower. The Acura NSX’s bold color and sleek exterior grab attention as it drives down the road.
The Acura NSX focuses on the driver’s experience. Acura’s Integrated Dynamics System allows drivers to customize the car’s performance with four modes: Quiet, Sport, Sport+, and Track. The two-seater sports coupe has comfortable seats, and simple audio and connectivity features.
Buyers looking for an exciting car will appreciate the Acura NSX.
What’s New in the 2019 Acura NSX?
The 2019 Acura NSX receives some notable updates:
- Improved suspension
- Power seats and technology packages now standard
- New exterior and interior color options
- Chassis enhancements, including: stabilizer bars, rear toe-link bushing, and rear hub
- Upgraded tires
The NSX uses a 3.5-liter twin-turbo hybrid V6 engine, along with three electric motors to reach 573 horsepower and 476 pound-feet of torque. With a nine-speed dual clutch transmission and all-wheel drive, the Acura NSX rockets from zero to 60 mph in 2.9 seconds. It can reach a top speed of 191 mph.
Designed to create an emotional connection between the driver and car, the 2019 Acura NSX comes in one customizable trim. Buyers can choose from bold or neutral colors options. Plush seats offer a comfortable ride, and firm bolstering keeps passengers from sliding sideways on curvy roads. Tall passengers will fit comfortably, and the flat-bottom steering wheel gives the
driver more legroom. Its on-board navigation system, audio features, and connectivity options enhance the experience.
What Does the 2019 Acura NSX Compete With?
The Acura NSX’s top competitors include:
Exterior Design of the 2019 Acura NSX
The Acura NSX has a distinct design. Its drastic angles and sleek lines are complemented by bold racing-inspired colors. Standard exterior colors include Berina Black, Curva Red, and 130R White. The Acura NSX also offers optional pearl or metallic-based colors including Therma Orange Pearl, Casino White Pearl, Source Silver Metallic, as well as the Andaro colors of Nouvelle Blue Pearl and Valencia Red Pearl.
The Acura NSX uses LED lights throughout the car. Headlights and taillights are made of small, jewel-eye LED lights. A thin strip of LED daytime running lights accents the front end.
Y-spoke wheels are standard. These wheels are designed for handling, rigidity, and noise reduction. Interwoven wheels are optional, and increase handling and performance.
A rear spoiler is optional. It provides greater stability at high speed.
The Acura NSX also features optional carbon fiber on the roof, hood, and rear spoiler.
Interior Style in the 2019 Acura NSX
The interior of the Acura NSX is uniquely styled. Buyers can choose bold or muted colors including ebony, indigo, saddle, and red.
The headliner is covered with versatile Tricot. An optional upgrade to Alcantara provides a soft, lush feel.
The Acura NSX coupe seats two adults. Seats are designed for optimal driving performance, with an eye on comfort. Buyers can choose Milano leather manual seats or power semi-Aniline leather/Alcantra seats, or upgrade to power semi-aniline, full leather seats.
The brake pedal, accelerator, and footrest are trimmed in polished aluminum. The distinctive leather-wrapped steering wheel is flattened at the top and bottom to provide more legroom. Optional packages add carbon fiber interior trim.
Interior storage includes console pockets, and a compartment with a 1.5-amp USB port. A second USB port is in the glovebox. The NSX can carry two small bags or a golf bag. The proximity of the trunk to the engine can raise its heat level. Stowing perishables or frozen items in the trunk is not recommended.
What Technology Comes in the 2019 Acura NSX?
The Acura NSX offers an immersive audio and connectivity experience. Technology includes:
- ELS Studio Premium Audio system: Nine-speakers and 580-watt DTS Neural Surround sound technology
- AcuraLink The Next Generation connectivity
- Sonar-based proximity sensors
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Bluetooth compatibility
The AcuraLink The Next Generation system has satellite navigation, smartphone integration, and continuous connectivity. It is operated through an 8.0-inch touchscreen or voice recognition. Navigation includes real-time traffic updates and re-routing. Connect your smartphone to remotely lock and unlock doors, turn on or off the car’s security system, and receive alarm notifications. Extra features include a searchable owner’s manual and maintenance reminders.
Buyers can upgrade to SiriusXM radio, as well as subscription services for roadside assistance, airbag deployment, and live-operator emergency help. Concierge and travel subscription packages are also available.
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Acura NSX?
The Acura NSX comes with the following safety features:
- Driver and passenger front, overhead, and side airbags
- Multi-view rear camera with 170-degree angle
- Sonar-based proximity sensors
- Electronic stability control
What is the 2019 Acura NSX Like to Drive?
With quick acceleration and a top speed of 191 mph, the 2019 Acura NSX is fun to drive. It has the lowest center of gravity in its class. It hugs the road through twisty turns.
Drivers can customize the performance of the car using Integrated Dynamics System. Four modes provide unique driving experiences. Whether tacking mountain roads in Sport+ mode, driving across the country in Sport mode, taking a few laps in Track mode, or running errands in Quiet mode, the driver controls the car’s performance.
Drivers will appreciate the long windows and thin A-pillars that increase exterior visibility. Power rearview mirrors and a back-up camera assist while parking.
Should I Buy a Current 2019 Acura NSX?
Buyers looking for an exciting sports car will find the Acura NSX a fun choice. With a powerful hybrid drivetrain, superior handling, and a sporty cabin, it is a true driver’s car. The storage capacity isn’t plentiful, but that’s not the point of the NSX.
Should I buy a Used 2019 Acura NSX? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
The original Acura NSX model was built from 1990-2005. The nameplate then went dormant until Honda launched the 2017 NSX with hybrid technology. These are two very different sports cars. Buyers should first consider if they want old-school fun or advanced racecar technology.
How Much Does the 2019 Acura NSX Cost?
The 2019 Acura NSX starts at $157,500. Buyers can customize the interior and exterior with many factory packages. Package prices range from $700-$12,600.
Pros and Cons of the 2019 Acura NSX
- Hybrid drivetrain is powerful and fuel efficient
- Responsive suspension, steering, and brakes
- Comfortable ride
- Good visibility
- Customized to buyer preference
- Base price is significantly higher than competitors
- Minimal interior storage
- Infotainment system is similar to that offered in Acura’s cheaper models
- Small cargo area
The History of the Acura NSX: A Japanese Racecar
The Acura NSX was first produced in 1990. The two-seat coupe was inspired by the performance of a racing car, and the design of an F-16 fighter jet cockpit. The original Acura NSX model had an all-aluminum body, 3.0-liter V6 engine, and a five-speed manual transmission. The Acura NSX evolved to offer a four-speed automatic transmission in 1994. In 1995, it moved from a coupe to a Targa top. A more powerful 3.2-liter V6 engine was added in 1997. Production ended in 2005.
Honda debuted the next-generation in 2016. The new 2017 NSX had a powerful engine, hybrid technology, a unique cockpit, and a spaceship-like exterior. Honda builds the Acura NSX at its
Performance Manufacturing Center in Ohio. Each NSX is hand-crafted to customer preference. Customers can visit the facility to see their car built.
Specs & Key Features of the 2019 Acura NSX
- Body Style
- 3.5L Twin-Turbocharged 24-Valve DOHC V6
- 573 hp
- 9-Speed Dual Clutch
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- All Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sat Nav
- Satellite Navigation
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 3.5L Twin-Turbocharged 24-Valve DOHC V6
- Transmission: 9-Speed Dual Clutch
- Engine Auto Stop-Start Feature
- Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Sequential SportShift Sequential Shift Control w/Steering Wheel Controls and Oil Cooler
- Automatic Full-Time All-Wheel Drive
- 3.58 Axle Ratio
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Battery w/Run Down Protection
- Magnetic Fluid-Filled Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Automatic w/Driver Control Ride Control Adaptive Suspension
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 15.6 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Double Wishbone Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Regenerative 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front And Rear Vented Discs, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control and Electric Parking Brake
- Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
- Lithium Ion Traction Battery
- Wheels: 19" x 8.5" Fr/20" x 11" Rr Forged Aluminum -inc: Signature Y-spoke
- Tires: 245/35ZR19 Fr & 305/30ZR20 Rr -inc: High-performance summer
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Black Bodyside Insert
- Metal-Look Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power w/Tilt Down Heated Side Mirrors w/Convex Spotter, Manual Folding and Turn Signal Indicator
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Galvanized Steel/Aluminum/Composite Panels
- Black Grille
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Programmable Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- Perimeter/Approach Lights
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: ELS Studio Premium Audio System -inc: 9 speakers including subwoofer, 7" display audio w/high-resolution WVGA electrostatic touch-screen, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, Bluetooth streaming audio, MP3/auxiliary input jack, USB audio interface, AcuraLink Next Generation, SMS text message function, Pandora compatibility, Acura satellite-linked navigation system w/voice recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic, HD Radio, Siri Eyes Free, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, Clock, Speed Compensated Volume Control, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Window Grid Antenna
- 2 LCD Monitors In The Front
- Turn-By-Turn Navigation Directions
- Heated Power Sport Seats -inc: 4-way power adjusters, 4-way power lumbar and 2-position memory
- Driver Seat
- Passenger Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Oil Temperature, Traction Battery Level, Power/Regen, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Sport Leather/Metal-Look Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Power Cargo Access and Power Fuel
- HomeLink Garage Door Transmitter
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Voice Activated Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Perforated Semi-Aniline Leather Seat Trim -inc: Alcantara-trimmed seats
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Door Panel Insert, Alcantara Simulated Suede/Metal-Look Console Insert, Metal-Look Interior Accents and Alcantara Simulated Suede/Leather Upholstered Dashboard
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leather Door Trim Insert
- Day-Night Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering
- Carpet Floor Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate and Windows
- Instrument Panel Bin
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Digital/Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Fixed Front Head Restraints
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- VSA Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Front And Rear Parking Sensors
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera