Get Custom Pricing
Top Features of Base Model
- Low starting price
- Several standard safety features
- Athletic styling
- Choice of three design packages
2019 Acura ILX: Everything You Need to Know
About the 2019 Acura ILX:
The compact Acura ILX is the smallest vehicle manufactured by Honda’s luxury division Acura. The car is based upon Honda’s popular Civic sedan.
Introduced as a new model for 2013, the five-passenger, entry-level ILX is currently in its first generation. The nameplate received minor design changes for the 2016 and 2019 model years.
What’s New in the 2019 Acura ILX?
Acura’s smallest car underwent a facelift for the 2019 model year. The exterior and interior design were refreshed. An updated infotainment system and new standard safety features were added. This includes optional Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The 2019 Acura ILX is sold in only one trim. Buyers may choose one of three packages: Premium, Technology, and A-Spec. The Premium package includes leather-trimmed sport seats with contrast stitching and technology features. These include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, satellite and HD Radio, and rear cross traffic alert.
The Technology package adds 3-D navigation and a 10-speaker premium sound system. The AcuraLink suite of connected services and real-time traffic information is standard.
The range-topping A-Spec package comes with larger wheels, rear spoiler, and premium leather sport seats. Stainless steel sport pedals and a leather-wrapped A-Spec edition steering wheel complete the look.
What Does the Acura ILX Compete With?
The Acura ILX challenges entry-level high performance sedans from a variety of brands. Top competitors include:
Acura designed the ILX for entry-level luxury customers. It attracts those seeking an upscale cabin and poised handling at an affordable starting price.
Exterior Design of the 2019 Acura ILX The Acura ILX is a four-door, five-passenger compact car. It is based on the bestselling Honda Civic sedan. The ILX sports jewel-eye headlights, angular taillights and the “Diamond Pentagon” grille. This reflects Acura’s new design language.
The Premium package comes with 17-inch pewter silver metallic machine-finished Y-spoke wheels. The A-Spec design package substitutes 18-inch shark gray 15-spoke wheels. A moonroof is standard.
Interior Style in the 2019 Acura ILX
The interior of the 2019 Acura ILX showcases a mix of high- and low-quality materials. The sedan boasts leatherette-trimmed sport seats. An upgrade to premium leather is available. The cabin contains some hard plastics atypical for luxury nameplates. The ILX does not feel as refined as rivals.
All models come with heated front seats and an eight-way power driver's seat. Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob are standard. A four-way power-adjustable passenger seat is available.
The front row provides adequate space for adult passengers. The sloped roofline and moonroof sacrifice head- and legroom for back seat passengers.
Technology: What Technology Comes in the 2019 Acura ILX?
The 2019 Acura ILX comes equipped with a list of standard technology features on par for the compact car segment. These include:
- A 5-inch infotainment display screen
- Siri Eyes Free
- A USB port
- Six-speaker audio system
Optional equipment is offered in the ILX’s Premium, Technology and A-Spec packages. Options include:
- A 7-inch touchscreen
- An 8-inch display screen
- A 7- or 10-speaker premium audio system
- Satellite Radio
- HD Radio
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
What Kind of Safety Features are in the 2019 Acura ILX?
Acura made its AcuraWatch safety system standard for the ILX for 2019. The car received a five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It also received high scores from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). However, its headlights earned IIHS’ lowest rating of Poor.
Standard features include:
- A multi-view rearview camera
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning. This triggers an audio and visual alert if the car approaches the lane markers.
- Lane keep assist. This gently nudges the car back into the center of the lane.
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Collision mitigation braking
- Road departure mitigation
Optional features include:
- Blind spot monitoring. This alerts the driver to the presence of cars, pedestrians and bicyclists in the ILX’s blind spot.
- Rear cross traffic alert. This detects cars and pedestrians in the car’s path when in reverse.
What is the 2019 Acura ILX like to drive?
The 2019 Acura ILX runs on a 201-horsepower, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. It’s mated to a smooth-shifting, eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The ILX’s engine can feel lackluster and underpowered when compared with its competitors. But it provides plenty of power driving in the city and on the highway. Fuel economy is 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. This is adequate fuel economy for the class. This allows drivers to travel longer distances and limits trips to the pump.
The handling of the ILX feels comfortable and composed on most surfaces. The sedan has garnered criticism for its underwhelming ride. The Acura ILX’s interior amplifies noise from wind and tires. This is especially obvious driving over bumps or at fast speeds. Many competitors feature quieter cabins and noise-cancelling technology.
The ILX provides adequate head- and legroom for front row passengers. Adults in the back row may feel cramped due to the car’s moonroof and sloping roofline. Optional leather upholstery with contrast stitching creates an upscale feel. The car’s cabin feels less refined than rivals due to its use of hard plastics.
The car also earned a below-average predictability rating from J.D. Power. This means you might need to spend extra time and money at the repair shop.
Should I Buy a 2019 Acura ILX?
The Acura ILX offers an entry-level luxury ride at a competitive price. The driving may not be as engaging as rivals. As the gateway to Honda’s luxury brand, the ILX provides a reasonably upscale ride. It has a host of advanced driver assistance feature as part of its standard AcuraWatch system. However, its powertrain can feel underwhelming and lackluster vis a vis competitors from Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi.
The compact car received updated interior and exterior styling for 2019.
Should I buy a Used Acura ILX? Are There Any I Should Avoid?
Introduced for the 2013 model year, the Acura ILX is still in its first generation. That means a used model won’t look significantly different from a 2019 version, especially if it was made after the car’s 2016 facelift, which added updated styling, a more powerful engine, and new safety features. Acura made a hybrid version for the 2013 and 2014 model years.
How Much Does the 2019 Acura ILX Cost?
Starting at $25,900, the 2019 Acura ILX boasts one of the lowest base prices for an entry-level luxury sedan. It’s only available in one trim, but buyers can choose one of three packages.
The $1,750 Premium package adds leather upholstery, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, satellite and HD Radio. A seven-speaker audio system, a four-way power-adjustable passenger seat, a 7-inch touch screen and an 8-inch display screen complete the package.
Starting at $29,550, models equipped with the Technology package add navigation, a 10-speaker audio system and AcuraLink connected services. Starting at $31,550, A-Spec package models include suede inserts, 18-inch wheels, and a rear spoiler.
Pros and Cons of the 2020 Acura ILX
- Below-average starting price
- Long list of standard and available safety and technology features
- Refreshed interior and exterior styling
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Low-grade cabin materials
- Road noise
- Unengaging ride
- Below-average predictability ratings
The History of the Acura ILX: Six years of the Acura ILX
Acura introduced the entry-level Acura ILX for the 2013 model year as the gateway to Honda’s luxury division. The car debuted as a concept model at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show as a replacement for Acura’s TSX sedan.
Currently in its first generation, the car received facelifts for the 2016 and 2019 model years. A hybrid version of the ILX was discontinued in 2015.
Specs & Key Features of the 2020 Acura ILX
- Body Style
- 2.4L 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC
- 201 hp
- 8-Speed Dual-Clutch
- Passenger Doors
- Passenger Seating
- Front Wheel Drive
- City MPG
- Hwy MPG
- Air Conditioning
- Back Up Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heated Seats
- LCD Monitor
- LED Lights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Leather Seats
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tinted Glass
- Engine: 2.4L 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC
- Transmission: 8-Speed Dual-Clutch -inc: torque converter and Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
- Front-Wheel Drive
- 3.94 Axle Ratio
- 45-Amp/Hr 410CCA Maintenance-Free Battery w/Run Down Protection
- 95 Amp Alternator
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars
- Electric Power-Assist Speed-Sensing Steering
- 13.2 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Chrome Tailpipe Finisher
- Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs
- Multi-Link Rear Suspension w/Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/4-Wheel ABS, Front Vented Discs, Brake Assist and Hill Hold Control
- Wheels: 17" x 7.0" Glitter Silver Y-Spoke -inc: Aluminum alloy, machine-finished, noise-reducing
- Tires: P215/45R17 High-Performance AS
- Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Clearcoat Paint
- Express Open/Close Sliding And Tilting Glass 1st Row Sunroof w/Sunshade
- Body-Colored Front Bumper w/Chrome Bumper Insert
- Body-Colored Rear Bumper w/Black Bumper Insert
- Chrome Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
- Body-Colored Door Handles
- Body-Colored Power Heated Side Mirrors w/Manual Folding
- Fixed Rear Window w/Defroster
- Light Tinted Glass
- Speed Sensitive Variable Intermittent Wipers
- Front Windshield -inc: Sun Visor Strip
- Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
- Black Grille w/Chrome Surround
- Trunk Rear Cargo Access
- Fully Automatic Projector Beam Led Low/High Beam Daytime Running Headlamps w/Delay-Off
- LED Brakelights
- Radio: Acura Audio System -inc: 6 speakers, MP3/auxiliary input jack, Speed-Sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC), Siri eyes free, USB audio interface, Bluetooth streaming audio, Pandora compatibility, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink wireless telephone interface, color multi-information display and SMS/MMS text message capability
- Radio w/Seek-Scan, In-Dash Mounted Single CD, Clock, Steering Wheel Controls and Radio Data System
- Audio Theft Deterrent
- Window Grid Diversity Antenna
- 1 LCD Monitor In The Front
- Heated Front Sport Seats -inc: 8-way power driver's seat w/power lumbar support
- Driver Seat
- 4-Way Passenger Seat -inc: Manual Recline and Fore/Aft Movement
- Full Folding Bench Front Facing Fold Forward Seatback Rear Seat
- Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
- Gauges -inc: Speedometer, Odometer, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
- Power Rear Windows
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Front Cupholder
- Rear Cupholder
- Proximity Key For Doors And Push Button Start
- Valet Function
- Remote Keyless Entry w/Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry, Illuminated Ignition Switch and Panic Button
- Remote Releases -Inc: Mechanical Cargo Access and Mechanical Fuel
- Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls
- Distance Pacing
- Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
- HVAC -inc: Underseat Ducts
- Illuminated Locking Glove Box
- Driver Foot Rest
- Interior Trim -inc: Metal-Look Instrument Panel Insert, Metal-Look Console Insert and Chrome/Metal-Look Interior Accents
- Full Cloth Headliner
- Leatherette Door Trim Insert
- Leather Gear Shift Knob
- Leatherette Seat Trim
- Day-Night Rearview Mirror
- Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors w/Driver And Passenger Illumination
- Full Floor Console w/Covered Storage and 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Front Map Lights
- Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
- Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front And Rear Floor Mats
- Carpet Floor Trim and Carpet Trunk Lid/Rear Cargo Door Trim
- Cargo Features -inc: Spare Tire Mobility Kit
- Cargo Space Lights
- FOB Controls -inc: Trunk/Hatch/Tailgate, Windows and Sunroof/Convertible Roof
- Instrument Panel Covered Bin, Driver And Passenger Door Bins
- Power 1st Row Windows w/Driver And Passenger 1-Touch Up/Down
- Delayed Accessory Power
- Power Door Locks w/Autolock Feature
- Systems Monitor
- Trip Computer
- Outside Temp Gauge
- Analog Display
- Seats w/Leatherette Back Material
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
- 1 Seatback Storage Pocket
- Perimeter Alarm
- Engine Immobilizer
- 1 12V DC Power Outlet
- Air Filtration
- Vehicle Stability Assist Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Rear Center 3 Point, Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
- Back-Up Camera